Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V - Unworthy of a 10. My voluminous review.

285 replies to this topic
ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

What are your qualifications, Wuggy. I'm an aeronautical engineer and even I don't talk like that (aside from writing status reports to the CFO).

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

My point is it's a badly cobbled-together, gramatically-sh*t (not incorrect but an eyesore) review, and it feels like you just crammed it together and posted it here, in its own thread instead of the review topic, just for the sake of trying to get extra hits out of people.

Grammatically sh**? May you elaborate? 

I honestly didn't see the review thread, and I understand if you believe I posted it here purely for attention.

But honestly, I was interested in what others thought of the game.

Unfortunately it's resulted in ad hominem attacks, and puerile insults.

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

You might get an award for the most difficult review to read of 2013.

Typos and misspellings aside, the language was clunky and the grammar in a lot of places was simply wrong. It was clear you were trying to display a wide vocabulary, which generally I'm in favour of, but you managed to make your review look like the shredded remains of a thesaurus. 

The moral is, if you want to use the word 'voluminous' in your title, you need to provide a well written article. 

Wrong. I was not trying to display a wide vocabulary. I was giving an impartial critique of GTA V.

If you weren't actively trying to choose the most obscure terms available, you really have no business writing. Do you talk like that too? 

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

This "review" is laughable. First off, you attempt to be too wordy for your own good. Secondly, your grammar is terrible. You use large words; presumably to make yourself appear more intellectual, yet your grammar is downright poor. This gives me one impression: you're a poser. You probably used a dictionary or an online thesaurus to find these words you used. Why do I say that? If one were intelligent enough to know the meaning of all the words you used, presumably they would be intelligent enough to use proper grammar. Proper grammar is not as easy as going to thesaurus.com to find alternative words.

I won't even delve into your sentence structure and disarray of thought. I could critique your review for hours and compile a list of all the things wrong with it, but I don't have the time or care enough to do this. Now, I wouldn't have been so critical if you weren't such a "fake" pretentious douche bag in your replies to your thread.

• nuer and WildTurkeyMcGee like this

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

What are your qualifications, Wuggy. I'm an aeronautical engineer and even I don't talk like that (aside from writing status reports to the CFO).

UI Designer, and currently studying evolutionary biology on the side.

I don't see the relevance of that however. 

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

I need some popcorn in here.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

This guy reminds me of sivispacem.

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:39 PM Edited by NothingPersonal, 29 September 2013 - 04:40 PM.

Maybe try to have a reasonable vocabulary with a smooth style? "Antiquation" is not only wrong in usage - likely as taken from a thesaurus to parrot without an understanding of the meaning - it's f*cking awful to read, bordering on purple prose. Incidentally, the redundancy, as if to merely to include adjectives as filling to otherwise vapid ideas, is best exemplified by the description of Trevor as: "reprobate", "irreverent" and "sociopathic" - all practically identical in effect.

In conclusion: much prolix grandiloquence whilst abstrusely bromidic, deprived of profundity to be milquetoast. 

• Girish, UltraGizmo64, Grand Theft Savage and 1 other like this

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

UI Designer, and currently studying evolutionary biology on the side.

I don't see the relevance of that however. 

Well you don't see underqualified people talking like that very often.

TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

This community is awful. OP took the time out to write that up and just gets called a fa**ot, nice job. 

Thanks. I didn't expect everyone to agree with it but I at least expected mature discourse. 

Maybe before you attempt to exaggerate your intelligence, it's best you learn journalism 101; Proof read. There were SEVERAL typos, and misspellings. 

You're not smarter than everyone else in the room, you're just an asshole.

You learn from doing. You and everybody else could have said these things differently. For example I don't agree with much of the review but that doesn't mean I should sh*t all over the OP. 

It's a shame this is one of the only GTA forums I know of as it's a cesspit but I have nowhere else to go.

You get what you give to be honest. If you start a thread asking for honest opinions, and insult anyone who doesn't share yours....that contributes greatly to that "cesspit" you mentioned. Obviously some people won't like the game, and some will. The other side isint "stupid" or "immature" because they don't agree. They just had a different gaming experience that your own.

You call being called a fa**ot, a retard or an asshole, honest opinions and constructive criticism? If they come in here with that kind of behavior, regardless of what they think of the review then yes, I'd say they are stupid and immature. He has a right to defend himself if he so pleases.

Although I don't agree with some of his opinions in the review, I do recognise some of his complaints and flaws of the game and he did mention them in a mature way. If you don't like someones opinion all you have to say is "I don't agree with your opinion", then if you'd so like share your opinion and perhaps start a healthy debate back and forth, you don't have to insult the guy. Any various spelling errors aren't just cause for insults either.

• Bonnano likes this

Seriousman
  • Seriousman

Anti-ReligionMan

• Members

berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465

^^ That

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

I can't take a "reviewer" seriously when they try to cram big words in for the sake of having big words, yet can't even spell Michael's name right.

Again wrong. The words I use are there for succinctness. I accept that using ostentatious words at times can be counterproductive. I honestly didn't think i used that many.

Also, an honest spelling mistake does not = bad review.

Here is the above translated and displaying how there's no need for such complicated words beyond academia:

I try to be clear in few words as possible. I can occasionally use too many big words, somewhat at odds with the very idea of communication.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

This "review" is laughable. First off, you attempt to be too wordy for your own good. Secondly, your grammar is terrible. You use large words; presumably to make yourself appear more intellectual, yet your grammar is downright poor. This gives me one impression: you're a poser. You probably used a dictionary or an online thesaurus to find these words you used. Why do I say that? If one were intelligent enough to know the meaning of all the words you used, presumably they would be intelligent enough to use proper grammar. Proper grammar is not as easy as going to thesaurus.com to find alternative words.

I won't even delve into your sentence structure and disarray of thought. I could critique your review for hours and compile a list of all the things wrong with it, but I don't have the time or care enough to do this. Now, I wouldn't have been so critical if you weren't such a "fake" pretentious douche bag in your replies to your thread.

It never ceases to amaze how offended people get when people use ostentatious words. My grammar is not poor, certainly not exceptional but not poor. Yes, yes, it's all a facade. Again, is it inconceivable to people that some people have retentive memories?? My usages of most words in that article are apt. I realise the difficulty of grammar, there's a lot of nuances etc and I've only been writing for a few months. I keep learning. I'd love to here your critique but I understand if you're unwilling to do so. The last point is perplexing, I have not been mean to anyone who hasn't responded so immaturity. I should respect people who call me a fa**ot? I should respect people who tell me to commit suicide? What preposterous nonsense.

DrandonBavis
  • DrandonBavis

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

Oh shut up with your big words. This is the internet you douche. No one cares if you have an extravagantly wide vocabulary except you, and all these people are making fun of your grammar and spelling anyways. Only you think your big words are voluptuous, but really it's just condescending. And I just did read your review. What I'm saying is, if GTA V doesn't get a perfect score, than there's literally no game that does. The technological prowess in this is off the charts. It's probably the funniest video game ever, and it's so beautiful that my stoned friends thought it was real life. Even hearing gun shots from around the block is beatifyl to hear. And you're saying it "didn't live up to the anticipation"? Wtf? You mean the game that shattered every single record within virtually 5 minutes somehow didn't live up to the anticipation? Yeah okay dude. Oh and it's still the 360/ps3. What did you expect? A map that huge with no minor bugs and glitches? Come on! They deserve praise for it not being MORE glitchy. And that will all get fixed within patches. They did a great job, and quite honestly you're right. It is the game of the century, but also of all time! Just like the next gta on next gen, it will also adequately be the greatest game ever created. Rockstar is too good as too audacious, and with all this money they've made, they're going to go out and create another masterpiece. Maybe then, in like 3 or 4 years, your ultra-meaningful gta review will praise it is a 10/10... I've been playing video games since I was 2 years old. I love them. Everything from Mario to Die Hard on ps1, to hitman and skyrim and even saints row. I've played a lot, and I think I know a 10/10 when I see one.

Why So Serious
  • Why So Serious

Rat

• Members

The only thing I disagree with is the map, other than that, good review.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Maybe try to have a reasonable vocabulary with a smooth style? "Antiquation" is not only wrong in usage - likely as taken from a thesaurus to parrot without an understanding of the meaning - it's f*cking awful to read, bordering on purple prose. Incidentally, the redundancy, as if to merely to include adjectives as filling to otherwise vapid ideas, is best exemplified by the description of Trevor as: "reprobate", "irreverent" and "sociopathic" - all practically identical in effect.

In conclusion: much prolix grandiloquence whilst abstrusely bromidic, deprived of profundity to be milquetoast. 

Antiquationsociopathic, irreverent and reprobate are subtly different. But I thought you'd know that? They're used for emphasis. Can I see your qualifications in English literature?

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

This community is awful. OP took the time out to write that up and just gets called a fa**ot, nice job. 

Thanks. I didn't expect everyone to agree with it but I at least expected mature discourse. 

Maybe before you attempt to exaggerate your intelligence, it's best you learn journalism 101; Proof read. There were SEVERAL typos, and misspellings. 

You're not smarter than everyone else in the room, you're just an asshole.

You learn from doing. You and everybody else could have said these things differently. For example I don't agree with much of the review but that doesn't mean I should sh*t all over the OP. 

It's a shame this is one of the only GTA forums I know of as it's a cesspit but I have nowhere else to go.

You get what you give to be honest. If you start a thread asking for honest opinions, and insult anyone who doesn't share yours....that contributes greatly to that "cesspit" you mentioned. Obviously some people won't like the game, and some will. The other side isint "stupid" or "immature" because they don't agree. They just had a different gaming experience that your own.

You call being called a fa**ot, a retard or an asshole, honest opinions and constructive criticism? If they come in here with that kind of behavior, regardless of what they think of the review then yes, I'd say they are stupid and immature. He has a right to defend himself if he so pleases.

Although I don't agree with some of his opinions in the review, I do recognise some of his complaints and flaws of the game and he did mention them in a mature way. If you don't like someones opinion all you have to say is "I don't agree with your opinion", then if you'd so like share your opinion and perhaps start a healthy debate back and forth, you don't have to insult the guy. Any various spelling errors aren't just cause for insults either.

Thanks for that. Appreciate it :)

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Thanks - Don't you think the map is lacking somewhat? Wouldn't you like another city?

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Working hard to maintain my sanity.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

My review of this review is 7/10

The website was sloppy and lacking in clear direction, obvious spelling mistakes, no spoiler alerts, all in all quite disappointing.

The anthesis of what I was expecting.

*hey i can use fancy words too**

Why So Serious
  • Why So Serious

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:51 PM Edited by Why So Serious, 29 September 2013 - 04:54 PM.

Oh shut up with your big words. This is the internet you douche. No one cares if you have an extravagantly wide vocabulary except you, and all these people are making fun of your grammar and spelling anyways. Only you think your big words are voluptuous, but really it's just condescending. And I just did read your review. What I'm saying is, if GTA V doesn't get a perfect score, than there's literally no game that does. The technological prowess in this is off the charts. It's probably the funniest video game ever, and it's so beautiful that my stoned friends thought it was real life. Even hearing gun shots from around the block is beatifyl to hear. And you're saying it "didn't live up to the anticipation"? Wtf? You mean the game that shattered every single record within virtually 5 minutes somehow didn't live up to the anticipation? Yeah okay dude. Oh and it's still the 360/ps3. What did you expect? A map that huge with no minor bugs and glitches? Come on! They deserve praise for it not being MORE glitchy. And that will all get fixed within patches. They did a great job, and quite honestly you're right. It is the game of the century, but also of all time! Just like the next gta on next gen, it will also adequately be the greatest game ever created. Rockstar is too good as too audacious, and with all this money they've made, they're going to go out and create another masterpiece. Maybe then, in like 3 or 4 years, your ultra-meaningful gta review will praise it is a 10/10... I've been playing video games since I was 2 years old. I love them. Everything from Mario to Die Hard on ps1, to hitman and skyrim and even saints row. I've played a lot, and I think I know a 10/10 when I see one.

You are such a fanboy, no game is perfect, no game will EVER be perfect, GTA 5 is a great game but no game is a 10,, understand that. Just because it isn't a 10/10 from everybody doesn't mean that no game will ever get 10/10 if GTA doesn't. There is a thing called an opinion. This is what's wrong with our society these days.
  • UltraGizmo64 likes this

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

Rockstar are exceptional, not infallible. There are notable flaws in this game, as I alluded to and in my opinion it doesn't warrant a 10? Hey, if you disagree that's fine. 

You'll see I praise the things that I believe are brilliant like the weapons and vehicles.

Are you somehow implying that the internet isn't a place of big words?

Seriously?

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

"But has the game lived up the incalculable antiquation"

f*ck off!

• NYdreamz likes this

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

My review of this review is 7/10

The website was sloppy and lacking in clear direction, obvious spelling mistakes, no spoiler alerts, all in all quite disappointing.

The anthesis of what I was expecting.

*hey i can use fancy words too**

Thanks. May I ask thought what you mean by "lacking in clear direction" - I concede there are a few spelling mistakes, which is inevitable in a voluminous review. The title clearly says "contains spoilers" 

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

Holy sh*t lol, this thread is amazing. Love how the OP tries so hard to sound clever by using words that make no sense in the context of his posts.

• Kratos2000 likes this

DrandonBavis
  • DrandonBavis

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

No... The Internet is not a place for big words dude. Do you know what twitter is? The average tweet is literally 12 characters. People don't use big words! You're just saying them to say them, because quite frankly no one knows what you're saying.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

"But has the game lived up the incalculable antiquation"

f*ck off!

Oh thanks. That clearly is a humiliating error, and auto-correct on mac isn't too good.

It's inexcusable however. 

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Oh yes; those differences, those distinctions... that disparity... Chanting an idea is totally emphasis as the best literary device available for stressing the idea to make the point very expressed as meaningful.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

Holy sh*t lol, this thread is amazing. Love how the OP tries so hard to sound clever by using words that make no sense in the context of his posts.

And also the people that get mad in every single reply lol. This sh*t is hilarious.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

Not trying to sound clever at all. That's your perception. If you want to insult me be my guest. It's not going to work as I'm impervious to ad hominem attacks.

I'd appreciate a rebuttal of my review?

What do you think is wrong?

Care to articulate that instead of spouting inane hogwash?

We know which is more difficult.

Why So Serious
  • Why So Serious

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

Thanks - Don't you think the map is lacking somewhat? Wouldn't you like another city?
I would love another city but in my personal preference, I love the countryside as much as another city

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users