Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V - Unworthy of a 10. My voluminous review.

285 replies to this topic
Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

This community is awful. OP took the time out to write that up and just gets called a fa**ot, nice job. 

Thanks. I didn't expect everyone to agree with it but I at least expected mature discourse. 

Maybe before you attempt to exaggerate your intelligence, it's best you learn journalism 101; Proof read. There were SEVERAL typos, and misspellings. 

You're not smarter than everyone else in the room, you're just an asshole.

You learn from doing. You and everybody else could have said these things differently. For example I don't agree with much of the review but that doesn't mean I should sh*t all over the OP. 

It's a shame this is one of the only GTA forums I know of as it's a cesspit but I have nowhere else to go.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Inb4 OP is just some american "wishing to be British" guy sitting by his computer with a dictionary thinking it makes him more "intelligent" seriously. Someone said your review was different and you insulted him? wtf is the problem with you? your review isn't THAT important or "better" than anyone elses. Accept constructive criticism. You "Naive" 

• NYdreamz likes this

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

This community is awful. OP took the time out to write that up and just gets called a fa**ot, nice job. 

Thanks. I didn't expect everyone to agree with it but I at least expected mature discourse. 

Maybe before you attempt to exaggerate your intelligence, it's best you learn journalism 101; Proof read. There were SEVERAL typos, and misspellings. 

This sounds like you are the one who feels inferior, and is why you need to be so insulting. I never claimed my intelligence was superior to anyone. I'm currently in the process of perusing through it and looking for spelling typos. Next time I shall defer release until it's immaculate. 

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

This sounds like you are the one who feels inferior, and is why you need to be so insulting. I never claimed my intelligence was superior to anyone. I'm currently in the process of perusing through it and looking for spelling typos. Next time I shall defer release until it's immaculate. 

You should always proof read, hopefully this thread shows you why lol. The internet is just a big smelly c*nt waiting to fight you for a typo or two.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

good review bro dont listen to the haters

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Neutral comment passing through

• MotherLover likes this

cjkuhlenbeck
  • cjkuhlenbeck

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

You learn from doing. You and everybody else could have said these things differently. For example I don't agree with much of the review but that doesn't mean I should sh*t all over the OP. 

It's a shame this is one of the only GTA forums I know of as it's a cesspit but I have nowhere else to go.

You get what you give to be honest. If you start a thread asking for honest opinions, and insult anyone who doesn't share yours....that contributes greatly to that "cesspit" you mentioned. Obviously some people won't like the game, and some will. The other side isint "stupid" or "immature" because they don't agree. They just had a different gaming experience that your own.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

You should always proof read, hopefully this thread shows you why lol. The internet is just a big smelly c*nt waiting to fight you for a typo or two.

I always proof read, and realise the importance of it. I just didn't think this forum would be so pedantic, and think one misspelling equals bad review.

I'm interested in what parts you disagreed with.

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

I actually thought this forum had some level of maturity, but evidently i was wrong.

Reddit is the best place for GTA discussion these days.

Most of the people here are a bunch of vacuous, puerile dolts.

You are expecting much from a community of a  game where we beat hookers to get our money back?

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

I've read your review (although it was unnecessarily long) and I do agree with you on most parts. However, I felt that your choice of vocabulary was too strong for the intended demographic cohort thus the reason for the negative feedback that you may or may not have received over the past few minutes.

I'll accept that. It probably could have been more concise. I don't have an "intended demographic" - I realise when writing towards different sets of demographics you have to adapt and adjust your writing accordingly. 

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Reddit? It's a good place these days.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

I actually thought this forum had some level of maturity, but evidently i was wrong.

Reddit is the best place for GTA discussion these days.

Most of the people here are a bunch of vacuous, puerile dolts.

You are expecting much from a community of a  game where we beat hookers to get our money back?

Not all. Many GTA fans are intellectuals, and like discussing the game extensively. I really care about the franchise, it's one of the best.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:23 PM Edited by ezfaun, 29 September 2013 - 04:26 PM.

I've read your review (although it was unnecessarily long) and I do agree with you on most parts. However, I felt that your choice of vocabulary was too strong for the intended demographic cohort thus the reason for the negative feedback that you may or may not have received over the past few minutes.

I'll accept that. It probably could have been more concise. I don't have an "intended demographic" - I realise when writing towards different sets of demographics you have to adapt and adjust your writing accordingly. 

The intended demographic cohort being the readers of this thread :)

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

You get what you give to be honest. If you start a thread asking for honest opinions, and insult anyone who doesn't share yours....that contributes greatly to that "cesspit" you mentioned. Obviously some people won't like the game, and some will. The other side isint "stupid" or "immature" because they don't agree. They just had a different gaming experience that your own.

Hogwash. I will not insult anyone who respectfully disagrees with my piece in a mature fashion. I've provided objective reasons why the game isn't deserving of a 10. I'm receptive to hearing alternative viewpoints.

DrandonBavis
  • DrandonBavis

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

If gta v isn't worthy of a perfect 10/10 or 5/5 than no video game is. I'm sorry but this game is human technology at its best. We've come along way and I can't believe humans are still alive, but look at the sh*t we created! Everything from the graphics to the sounds effects to the music to the social commentary and all the humor. Honestly, what game is better? f*cking call of duty and it's recycled-yearly garbage that everyone mindlessly buys? Bioshock and it's less than 10 hours of gameplay? A game from generations ago? Saints f*cking Row!?!? Hell no! Gta is the king of all video games, and f*ck your petty little review or whatever that I didn't even read. Regardless of the minor strange glitche that will all be patched, this game is a masterpiece artwork... And people are forgetting about online mode, which I personally think will be even better than single player. So yeah it's the Michael Jordan of video games and your life is useless. Go play Call of Duty: Toasts and get screamed at by a 12 year old or something. It's the same as not watching Breaking Bad. You're a fool for not watching it, because it's great. And you're a fool for not liking this game, because it's great. Bitch!
  • swagbucks likes this

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

What qualificat

The intended demographic cohort being the readers of this thread :)

Just to clarify: This forum wasn't my intended demographic. Just thought it would be a good idea to see what people in here thought;

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

I can't take a "reviewer" seriously when they try to cram big words in for the sake of having big words, yet can't even spell Michael's name right.

Infinityfq
  • Infinityfq

Career Criminal

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

The fact that you made a special thread and didn't post it in the review thread just makes you an obvious attention whore

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

If gta v isn't worthy of a perfect 10/10 or 5/5 than no video game is. I'm sorry but this game is human technology at its best. We've come along way and I can't believe humans are still alive, but look at the sh*t we created! Everything from the graphics to the sounds effects to the music to the social commentary and all the humor. Honestly, what game is better? f*cking call of duty and it's recycled-yearly garbage that everyone mindlessly buys? Bioshock and it's less than 10 hours of gameplay? A game from generations ago? Saints f*cking Row!?!? Hell no! Gta is the king of all video games, and f*ck your petty little review or whatever that I didn't even read. Regardless of the minor strange glitche that will all be patched, this game is a masterpiece artwork... And people are forgetting about online mode, which I personally think will be even better than single player. So yeah it's the Michael Jordan of video games and your life is useless. Go play Call of Duty: Toasts and get screamed at by a 12 year old or something. It's the same as not watching Breaking Bad. You're a fool for not watching it, because it's great. And you're a fool for not liking this game, because it's great. Bitch!

You didn't read my review and you're calling it a "petty f*** review?

If you had of read you will see I call it the best game of the century, I can also believe the game didn't live up to anticipation.

Those points aren't mutually exclusive. I advise reading the piece before making an asinine extrapolation. 

Jonathandavinci
  • Jonathandavinci

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Meh your opinion... Most people say its a great game including me so wtv

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

You might get an award for the most difficult review to read of 2013.

Typos and misspellings aside, the language was clunky and the grammar in a lot of places was simply wrong. It was clear you were trying to display a wide vocabulary, which generally I'm in favour of, but you managed to make your review look like the shredded remains of a thesaurus. 

The moral is, if you want to use the word 'voluminous' in your title, you need to provide a well written article. 

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

I can't take a "reviewer" seriously when they try to cram big words in for the sake of having big words, yet can't even spell Michael's name right.

Again wrong. The words I use are there for succinctness. I accept that using ostentatious words at times can be counterproductive. I honestly didn't think i used that many.

Also, an honest spelling mistake does not = bad review.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

While I agree the game isn't a 10/10 (no game should ever be rated 10), this review is horrible.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

He did say it's a great game. But the point that he's trying to get across is that the game doesn't deserve to be rated 10/10. At least in its current state.

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

must have synonym.com favorited
  • TheAdmiester and NYdreamz like this

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Unbelievable. Misinterpretation of my argument. If you read the piece you will see i also think it's a great game.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

You might get an award for the most difficult review to read of 2013.

Typos and misspellings aside, the language was clunky and the grammar in a lot of places was simply wrong. It was clear you were trying to display a wide vocabulary, which generally I'm in favour of, but you managed to make your review look like the shredded remains of a thesaurus. 

The moral is, if you want to use the word 'voluminous' in your title, you need to provide a well written article. 

Wrong. I was not trying to display a wide vocabulary. I was giving an impartial critique of GTA V.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:33 PM Edited by MrWuggy, 29 September 2013 - 04:34 PM.

He did say it's a great game. But the point that he's trying to get across is that the game doesn't deserve to be rated 10/10. At least in its current state.

Thank you. Someone who "understands" what this article is predicated on.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

My point is it's a badly cobbled-together, gramatically-sh*t (not incorrect but an eyesore) review, and it feels like you just crammed it together and posted it here, in its own thread instead of the review topic, just for the sake of trying to get extra hits out of people.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

must have synonym.com favorited

So everyone who writes eloquently must have too, according to your logic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users