GTA:O with NAT Type 3?

9 replies to this topic
AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

I am one of the people with a NAT type 3 (restrictive).

In GTA IV and RDR I could not play online do to this (though my brother was able to connect with his friend somehow in GTA IV, not sure who was hosting).

Will a NAT Type 3 cause problems in GTA V Online? I know they are doing the servers differently in GTA V for the cloud and stuff, so I need to know if this will cause problems or not. Thanks in advance!

trevdaperv
  • trevdaperv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:46 PM Edited by trevdaperv, 29 September 2013 - 02:47 PM.

I know they are doing the servers differently in GTA V for the cloud and stuff

When or where Rockstar sad that ?

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

^It's commonly known. They have a cloud system with time and crews and stuff.

(I also have no problem playing CoD or Assassin's Creed btw ofr future replies.)

trevdaperv
  • trevdaperv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

So if you have no problems in other p2p games you should not have in this one either, you can fix your nat type in router settings

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

^I had problems in GTA IV but have no problems in CoD or Gears of War.

Will I have problems in GTA V? I don't know the difference between the two but I'm guessing they are run differently...

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:11 PM Edited by Spuds725, 29 September 2013 - 04:12 PM.

What is the manufacturer and model number of your router--NAT 2 should be doable if you tweak settings.

If  you can't play V online, I'd get a new router-- one with a DMZ (if all else fails and you can't get NAT 2 the normal way)-- 

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

^I already know NAT 2 is going to be very hard with this router. It has a DMZ, but Idk about using it.

I can probably get an ethernet cable hooked up the phone line to it but it is a lot of work and I wanted to know if I had ot do it or not

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:33 PM Edited by Spuds725, 29 September 2013 - 04:36 PM.

Using a DMZ is easy-- especially if you can set IP addresses from the router (would need to know your router model to know if you can do this or not).

It is a bit more complicated if you can't (have to set a static IP address on your console).

Simply put-- you log on to router. Set a static IP address for the console-- (this will be the local area network IP address of the console for now on), then put that IP address in the DMZ-- what this effectively does is put the console outside your router's firewall--

What I did with GTA IV when I had similar issues on my old router (no DMZ available) was to put in an ethernet switch before my router-- I plugged my PS3 into that and this effectively bypassed my router and I had NAT 1. I have since bought a better router and play online without issues with NAT 2.

This is how it would be hooked up with a switch.

MODEM

I

I

I

Ethernet switch---------- PS3/XBOX

I

I

I

Router

What this did for me was allow my PS3 to pull a 2nd (External) IP address from my internet service provider (ISP)-- it essentially acts as a splitter but will only work if your ISP will allow you to pull a 2nd IP address from them... mine happened to allow this-- I had a 2nd router and network at my house for a while too (was pulling 3 IP addresses) 

I used a switch similar to this one... http://www.amazon.co...ethernet switch

I would wait til GTAO starts up and see if you have issues... hopefully it will work ok (and you won't lag).

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

^Though your advice is helpful, I just want to know if a NAT Type 3 will be problematic with GTA Online or not. (Thank you, though)

nheowie
  • nheowie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

I have NAT 3 and I can't play GTA V online :( The game keeps putting me in servers alone with no other players...

It's impossible for me to get NAT 2 because my stupid internet provider send me a Modem with limited admin settings which won't allow me to Turn on DMZ settings or anything. When I called them they told me " We don't support consoles, so I can't help you"...Meaning Im stuck with the 2year program and can't game online with my ps3...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users