Rockstar don't care... [iFruit app]

116 replies to this topic
FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

Cockstar dislikes Android like everybody else, problem?

bringers
  • bringers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

So for the Android users crying...does this mean when us Windows Phone users finally get our App we can request a reset as well? As we all know Windows Phone will get the App last or if ever at all. Windows Phone User and PC Gamer means you get the short end of the stick at all times.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

So a funny thing happened yesterday... I asked Rockstar that when the Android version of the iFruit app was out, Would there be any resets of all the custom number-plates out there...

I was meet with a pleasant surprise...

Screenshot_12.png

Do Rockstar really care? Because with this... It just goes to show that Rockstar don't give two S!#@'s about us now that they have $1 billion from this game...

EDIT: Original message [Rockstar.. There is only 2-3 days left till Online comes out but yet the android app is not out... If it's not out by then, Then I demand a full number-plate reset so when the android version does come out it will be a lot more fair!]

That does not warrant an abuse of tos...

Original message [Rockstar.. There is only 2-3 days left till Online comes out but yet the android app is not out... If it's not out by then, Then I demand a full number-plate reset so when the android version does come out it will be a lot more fair!]

Original message [Rockstar.. There is only 2-3 days left till Online comes out but yet the android app is not out... If it's not out by then, Then I demand a full number-plate reset so when the android version does come out it will be a lot more fair!]

Pics or gtfo.

For the love of... I don't have the original comment... If you knew of a way to get it then please enlighten me... Otherwise shh!

So I lose my ingame plate because you chose to have an android? What about all those w/o a smartphone who don't get plates. Do they demand an update and all the plates are stripped again? What about when a guy buys the game a year from now, should they demand another reset so they can get a custom plate?

If you wanted that bad you could have found a friend to lend you a phone for a few minutes.

2 weeks and still no android app. I understand OP frustration but asking for reset will just annoy the iphone users. More and more people are using Android, R* need to realize this.

Seriously just because those of us that have a IPhone, or Itouch and were able to reserve our plates he is pissed, Seriously ANDROID users GO BUY A ITOUCH so you CAN get a license plate customized

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:59 AM

You will be able to tell the Android users, because their plates will be like

sdk%W8d

sjka&34L

Only random text strings will be left for us.  :barf:

Boogieroc
  • Boogieroc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

I have a ton of idevices as well as android so this isn't a problem. I just prop one of my iPads on the desk while playing gta. If I want to upgrade a car ifruit is always open and 2 mins later it's in my game. Chop is pretty maxed out every time I pop in gta

gtafanny
  • gtafanny

Wet n Ready

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

this is not just about iphone vs android. its about respecting your customers. i dont understand why R* cant put this feature on the web. 

Ottoman0331
  • Ottoman0331

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

What the point in dropping a app for one phone and not the other. Best was to resolve the whole issue would have been to hold app untill it was ready for all or allowed everything to be done on the social club site.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:07 AM Edited by blk95ta, 01 October 2013 - 03:08 AM.

so for those of us Android users, can we reserve plates in game tomorrow when GTA:O goes live?

What the point in dropping a app for one phone and not the other. Best was to resolve the whole issue would have been to hold app untill it was ready for all or allowed everything to be done on the social club site.

exactly! we're pissed because it's a first come first serve basis for the plates, and they released one app weeks before the other. they should have made the plate feature internet based, not phone based.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

I don't give a sh*t about the app but the way they're handling it is very unprofessional. If they really wanted to, they could have the app created in no time and announce a release date.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

Maybe it had something to do with making fun of iPhone.

IDEA what if android users can reserve plates that have been used with Idevices

motorider420
  • motorider420

MotoRider42HC

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

Rockstar,

I am very disappointed that you have not released the app for Android phones.  It very clearly shows poor planning on your part, not to mention favoritism towards a niche brand like Apple.  Although the license plate feature is trivial, it is highly unfair to allow Apple users to have first pick over the plates.  This is a disgrace to the name R*, and we of the Android and PC community do not take it lightly.  Please release the Android app as soon as possible.  If you have to hire more programmers, or even Google themselves to get the app running, then do it.  Your fans deserve nothing less.

Thank You.

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

It really doesn't matter, does it. Who cares if your plate says GTALOVER or 5354FGS? Who's gonna care once you're in the game?

I don't have an iDentiphone, but I'd imagine there are far more Android users, and from what I've heard, the app is having connection difficulties. Imagine the mayhem if they did a blanket release.

That said, they could have made the plate registration online or even in game just as easily, but it's hardly worth tugging your balls over.

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

OP, if you're really that upset you can pm me your social club sign in details and 3 or 4 choices of plate, and I'll see if I can set it up for you on my iPhone. If it works then maybe some kind hearted souls will do the same for others on this thread?

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

The name IFruit, all the players phones looking like iphones... Its really shocking that there was a deal with Apple huh?  :blink:

ayushisrocking
  • ayushisrocking

Winning!

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

^There's no deal ofthat sort . R* just has a sh*tty Android Dev.group which is sad. Hope it at least gets released by the time the pc version gets released so that I could use it on my GalaxyS4.

For the time being what we COULD do is, use somebody else's iOS device/ go to the nearest store selling iOS devices & download the app on 'em.

theguy01
  • theguy01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:46 AM Edited by theguy01, 01 October 2013 - 07:47 AM.

Very sad that his has happend, they should have skipped the smartphone idea all along.

Its very unfair, for everyone saying dont cry how would you feel if they give other customers a extra bonus ingame while you get nothing for now.

Not even talking about the fact that a nice plate would probably sell on the market for money, no doubt about that. Most of you guys have no idea how big the market is with populair games.

-1 Rockstar

Bakb0ne
  • Bakb0ne

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:08 AM Edited by Bakb0ne, 01 October 2013 - 08:08 AM.

The name IFruit, all the players phones looking like iphones... Its really shocking that there was a deal with Apple huh?  :blink:

Michael has an iphone, franklin has a samsung droid phone, trevor has a nokia windows phone....... 

Personally I can understand why they released on IOS first, its a much more elegent, easy to code, and distribute system.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

What kind of world are we living in when it's has spoilt demanding adults like OP spitting their dummy out and acting like infants over something so trivial. You got your priorities all f*cked up

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

OP, if you're really that upset you can pm me your social club sign in details and 3 or 4 choices of plate, and I'll see if I can set it up for you on my iPhone. If it works then maybe some kind hearted souls will do the same for others on this thread?

OP didn't come back to me on this, any other android user want me to try for them?

Skellyhell
  • Skellyhell

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

I DEMAND OTHER MMOS GET RESET WHEN I JOIN THEM BECAUSE ITS NOT FAIR THAT I CANT USE A NAME I WANT.

Has no effect on gameplay, so deal with it

chairmansaab
  • chairmansaab

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Some bitches only understands when it happens to them.  If Windows phone was the  only  to get that app you know what these dude would do ? Obviously they gonna be whining !

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

INSERT{CODE}

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

Still no Android version, not too bad but I kind of expected it at launch with the iPhone version.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Seriously guys, it's a pitiful excuse for an app.  The "Chop the Dog" game is atrocious and not even worth your time, customizing a car is nothing you cant do in the in game garage, save for changing plates, and the rest is advertisements.  What about that, are you crying about?  Plates are not going to be a big deal.

If you're really that upset about it, use the computer you're posting from and download it for your PC.  Don't say I didn't warn you about the worst app of '13.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

OP, if the text you quoted as being your post to R* was correct then no wonder they deleted it. Demanding things from them...well, it was never going to fly :)

RenThePyro
  • RenThePyro

I kept on walking

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:51 AM

By the time this app comes out Half Life 3 will be out

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

Since R* has earned more than 1 billion dollars, R* sees you as a low-level organism that deserve a sack of sh*t.

They used you, they f*cked you in your ass. They are laughing their asses off because of your whining.

You are a tool to them.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Seriously guys, it's a pitiful excuse for an app.  The "Chop the Dog" game is atrocious and not even worth your time, customizing a car is nothing you cant do in the in game garage, save for changing plates, and the rest is advertisements.  What about that, are you crying about?  Plates are not going to be a big deal.

If you're really that upset about it, use the computer you're posting from and download it for your PC.  Don't say I didn't warn you about the worst app of '13.

Seriously, when it comes out, I can't wait to see the threads of you guys crying about how terrible it is.  You're literally missing nothing, and furthermore, crying about nothing.  Download it for a f*cking PC and keep telling yourself Android is "superior".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users