Photo

R* confirmed vehicle model quality will be reduced online

54 replies to this topic
tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

Everything will look the same. How do I know? Just wait til the 1st and you'll be like "huh.. he was right."

I honestly believe if any changes are made, they'll be so insignificant anyway there'll be no reason to care or complain.

SN95_Schpecter
  • SN95_Schpecter

Dogs Logs

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

Everything will look the same. How do I know? Just wait til the 1st and you'll be like "huh.. he was right."

I honestly believe if any changes are made, they'll be so insignificant anyway there'll be no reason to care or complain.

Exactly. If there ARE changes made, I feel like they'll be for the better as well! I, for one... am super f*cking pumped! :D
  • tre288 likes this

bensons
  • bensons

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Outed as a troll in under an hour.

lol

Kalikid707
  • Kalikid707

LTBH

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Although these guys are very knowledgeable, and were correct on many things. They were also incorrect about a lot of key facts. Many of which are still posted with wrong info on their website gtav.net

ONEkingscar
  • ONEkingscar

The stealth toker

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

I read somewhere that the graphical downgrade will be barely noticeable.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Have to remember that they are using the ram to the max at all time in GTA 5, 512 mb isn't that much for system memory and video buffer.   Now add memory for pvp calculations there has to be some sacrifice somewhere, wheather it is noticeable or not remains to be seen.

Arma 3 on my pc uses up to as much as1.5 gb just on system ram + 1/2 of my 3gb vid card.  And doesn't look that much better than GTA 5.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:46 PM Edited by Munx, 29 September 2013 - 07:46 PM.

Have to remember that they are using the ram to the max at all time in GTA 5, 512 mb isn't that much for system memory and video buffer.   Now add memory for pvp calculations there has to be some sacrifice somewhere, wheather it is noticeable or not remains to be seen.

Arma 3 on my pc uses up to as much as1.5 gb just on system ram + 1/2 of my 3gb vid card.  And doesn't look that much better than GTA 5.

Cloud?

But yeah, sacrefices would not suprise or bother me at all.

Xavier Horovitz
  • Xavier Horovitz

Yolo Swaggins

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

"Rockstar confirmed" and you post YouTube videos as your source. You cannot be this dumb.

RobinTheBrave
  • RobinTheBrave

\ RobinTheDerp /

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

"Rockstar confirmed" and you post YouTube videos as your source. You cannot be this dumb.

It's an interview with rockstar on youtube.

Apfeltasche
  • Apfeltasche

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:07 PM Edited by Apfeltasche, 29 September 2013 - 08:16 PM.

@ Topic founder: LOL - bullsh*t! No matter if a car has 1 poly or 100.000 polys. It just need to sync the coordinates of the axes (X,Y and Z) for car position, a number which says the game the kind of car and code for color. Maybe demage and  tuning.

Just a view bits of data.

Handlingeditor-GTAIV-xyzaxis.jpg

EDIT: Code example:

X.x , Y.y , Z.z,  color rotation vehicle damage; tuning
146.5 , 158.5 , 2.0,  35 180 Cheetah 3; 4,0,0,5,3,0,5,0,0,0

watto33
  • watto33

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

LOL i love how people will cry troll instead of doing a bit of research to see if it is true. I love this game like anybody else but im not too much a fanboy to hide the truth.

http://www.nowgamer....ifferences.html

Theres the source for the uneducated fanboys. The paragraph is like 2 up from the bottom

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

Only lower res textures for vehicles, doesn't bother me

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

LOL i love how people will cry troll instead of doing a bit of research to see if it is true. I love this game like anybody else but im not too much a fanboy to hide the truth.

Theres the source for the uneducated fanboys. The paragraph is like 2 up from the bottom

Thanks for source, personally I don't much  care if car resolution is slightly lower.

But you can only blame yourself for being doubted when you are silly enough to post a topic named something with "confirmed" without a actual source.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

God damn, you are dense.

Did you not even listen to it?

And at least he is linking to actual stuff, instead of speculating out his ass like you do...

• watto33 likes this

watto33
  • watto33

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:04 PM Edited by watto33, 29 September 2013 - 10:05 PM.

God damn, you are dense.

And at least he is linking to actual stuff, instead of speculating out his ass like you do...
It hurts to know the community has a small number of gamers that are so blinded by fanboyism that a direct interview with a R* employee is still not good enough.

I hope that everyone here is right and there will be no noticeable difference. I just cant beleive im worried about my $200000 car might look a bit less food online and I get accused of being a troll. Sad sad times haha

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

God damn, you are dense.

Did you listen to it? Those youtube vids confirm nothing.

The article Watto just posted does however.

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

God damn, you are dense.

It hurts to know the community has a small number of gamers that are so blinded by fanboyism that a direct interview with a R* employee is still not good enough.

I hope that everyone here is right and there will be no noticeable difference. I just cant beleive im worried about my $200000 car might look a bit less food online and I get accused of being a troll. Sad sad times haha

Republic credits will do

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:25 PM Edited by Afusensi, 29 September 2013 - 11:27 PM.

Are you serious? For one, Arma 3 aims for realistic graphics. And you can't even compare those games.
You must be playing on ultra low of you think current console gta V looks better then arma 3

creed200569
  • creed200569

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

Ppl need to STOP complaining about the damn graphics its ridiculous. U r damn lucky that the graphics look as good as they do now with this hardware so STFU

Longtonguehuey
  • Longtonguehuey

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

Are you..........from the future?

subsonicdust
  • subsonicdust

A Demon of Liberty

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

Are you..........from the future?

Great-Scott2.jpg

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

Are you serious? For one, Arma 3 aims for realistic graphics. And you can't even compare those games.
You must be playing on ultra low of you think current console gta V looks better then arma 3

Maybe re-read my post, I never said GTAV looks better.    I am trying to give a comparison that gta 5 is using 512mb ram vs my Arma 3 that sometimes uses up to 3gb of  ram..   That is 5 times more ram to work with Arma3  and of course it looks better which it should.. I think GTA 5 looks pretty darn good considering what they have to work with.  Not sure Arma would look comparable on PS3 specs, you are right it would have to be on low everything and would not be enjoyable...

Anyways I am not trying to compare, as you are right there is no comparison other than 512mb vs  up to 3000mb.  I also run Arma on mostly ultra settings and it looks absolutely amazing...

That being said if you were able to read and follow a conversation you would of noticed that I was speaking in the context that GTA 5 may have to sacrifice certain texture qualities due to not being as much ram available with online vs single player.  This is because of the 512mb limit.

When I said Arma3 didn't look that much better I was comparing ram used vs quality as in Arma doesn't look 5 times better than GTA 5.

Sorry I didn't go into such detail in my post, hope you understand now. 

If not then please f*ck off.

Apfeltasche
  • Apfeltasche

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

Okay thanks. But I can't still see the reason why rockstar do it. The textures and render of the game is a local thing. The only stuff which need to sync. for playing online is what I have already postet:

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

Okay thanks. But I can't still see the reason why rockstar do it. The textures and render of the game is a local thing. The only stuff which need to sync. for playing online is what I have already postet:

The reason is they are losing ram with 16 pvp connections..  This take valuable ram and cpu resources.   They are not doing it just for fun, and it has been proven that they are in fact doing it..   

Whether or not you, I or anybody else on these forums understand it properly or agree with it makes no difference.

And who are you trying to impress with that xx yy zz crap.  You are typing out your ass.

Xavier Horovitz
  • Xavier Horovitz

Yolo Swaggins

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

God damn, you are dense.

I don't speculate on here. I roll with the facts and the confirmed information. You deny it and try to mislead. There's a difference between us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users