Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA 5 vs GTA 4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

Poll: Grand Theft Auto V vs Grand Theft Auto IV (302 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game is better in general?

1. Grand Theft Auto 5 (265 votes [87.75%])

Percentage of vote: 87.75%

2. Grand Theft Auto 4 (37 votes [12.25%])

Percentage of vote: 12.25%

Vote
Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

Probably a tie. There's things I love about each game.
But if they re-did IV and the episodes where you could switch characters like V, it would absolutely top it.

Hotband
  • Hotband

Cheesehead

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

Both games obviously have their ups and downs, but overall 5 is better.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:33 AM

Bikes in IV were better than anything else, if there's one thing IV has over V, it's definitely bikes.
  • DeafMetal likes this

RamiV2
  • RamiV2

Muscle Car Lover

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

V for every reason

Graphics

Driving

Story

Customization

etc

etc

etc

Story? LOL you made me laugh on that one. V has to have one of the worst stories I ever played. Everything else I agree with. 

Can you explain why?

Bageebi
  • Bageebi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

V for every reason

Graphics

Driving

Story

Customization

etc

etc

etc

Story? LOL you made me laugh on that one. V has to have one of the worst stories I ever played. Everything else I agree with. 

Ok well there's this thing called an opinion.  I'll pause while you Google it.

The OP was asking for people's opinions and I gave mine.

Up to speed?

You don't agree with my opinion?  Lemme check...yup the world's still spinning...

Have you heard of a misinformed opinion? You got that one. You've been brainwash with todays bad movies that you honestly think the story of V is good. 

Did you get confused with Missions/stories being together? If so then I take that back. 

what a complete tit.

you have to be a troll. a misinformed opinion  . is an opinion with facts in it that are wrong. what does the quality of a story or enjoyment value of it have to do with being misinformed opinion.

i like GTA V a hell of alot more than IV but my friend completly disagrees with me. is that a misinformed opinion or just flat out his opinion..... yeah thats right its just his opinion.

honestly misinformed lol.

lol

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

Is this a joke poll? Not only is GTA V better than GTA IV.... GTA IV is an incredibly overrated game.  It's like GTA IV ranks 500th out of ALL current gen games... and GTA V ranks in the top 5. It's not even close

Bageebi
  • Bageebi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

I loved GTA IV when it came out and I still like it for what it is.  The first time I played it I was amazed at how alive the city felt and how cool it was to run over people.

But yeah...V smokes it.  

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

V. It's not even a contest. I haven't had this much fun with a video game since GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City back when they were released.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:39 AM Edited by natethegreatforlife, 30 September 2013 - 05:40 AM.

V for every reason

Graphics
Driving
Story
Customization
etc
etc
etc

Ok well there's this thing called an opinion.  I'll pause while you Google it.

The OP was asking for people's opinions and I gave mine.
Up to speed?
You don't agree with my opinion?  Lemme check...yup the world's still spinning...
Have you heard of a misinformed opinion? You got that one. You've been brainwash with todays bad movies that you honestly think the story of V is good. 

Did you get confused with Missions/stories being together? If so then I take that back. 
You are quite a dick. So what, his opinion's wrong because it isn't yours? I liked Vs story as well. Sure, IVs was better but I still really enjoyed Vs.

Btw, GTA V does NOT look better on PS3. I watched that video, they both look exactly the same.

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

V for every reason

Graphics

Driving

Story

Customization

etc

etc

etc

you are getting worse every f*cking minute.... last time you said its a good story, now its the worst story ever? you are a fucing crybaby fanboy, the worst story ever? OMFG.... anything you say from this point on is a joke cause you just called gta5 the worst story ever, so either your horizons to stories is very limited, or you are just a stupid crybaby who expected the second comming of whatever stupid diety you belive in.

i hop it the first since that whould also explain why you think tlou is original LOL.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

V is definitely better in every aspect. I loved IV and all, but after playing V I really can't see myself going back to Liberty City any time soon. 

• DeafMetal likes this

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

GTA 4 because of the better story

better characters

liberty city was more diverse and multi-cultural

Loved how it was set during the fall

Spent more time with each different character

better music ( I only really listen to 3  radio stations in V)

and listening to jazz at night cruising around liberty city

• Juzt likes this

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

and the satire was better in IV

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

Which game is better in general?

GTA V

Drakeulah
  • Drakeulah

African American gang member

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:17 AM

I don't understand how anyone could've like IV's story and I beat the game multiple times.  To me the story was DRAGGED out waaay too long to the point where it got boring.  It seems like they tried to talk about Niko's dark past and he's looking for someone but it didn't quite feel like they were making that the main point of the story until like almost the end of game.  Niko was the most boring bland character ever.  GTA5 is better in every way conceivable.  The cars are better, graphics better, story better, characters better, CAR HANDLING BETTER, damage is better, the map is better, everything is better.  

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH are you high on something? wtf are you talking about? more diverse? WTF more multicultureal? wtf do you mean? so a grey city with 1 park is more diverse with a game with a huge coty with gettos to luxury, sea, lakes, river, mountains, dester, HIGHWAYS, smal towns, lumber mills, cultis camps, farms, ad on and on? WTF

the rest is oppinion but you canot say it was more diverse with a straight f*cking face....

And more multicultural? WTF how? there is 3 times as many different peds in gta5 than in 4..... whatever this forum relly pisses me off, opinions are one thing but saying total BS is another.

• DeafMetal, IveGotNoValues and Juzt like this

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

The only thing IV (incl EFLC) has over V is the story, writing and the characters, which are way better.

V on the other hand has everything else.

i know the heists story is old and used all the time, but i somehow felt more for the characters of V, and i hated IV's "IVE GOT TO FIND THIS GUY, HE WRONGED ME!" thats the plot of every bad movie.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

I don't understand how anyone could've like IV's story and I beat the game multiple times.  To me the story was DRAGGED out waaay too long to the point where it got boring.  It seems like they tried to talk about Niko's dark past and he's looking for someone but it didn't quite feel like they were making that the main point of the story until like almost the end of game.  Niko was the most boring bland character ever.  GTA5 is better in every way conceivable.  The cars are better, graphics better, story better, characters better, CAR HANDLING BETTER, damage is better, the map is better, everything is better.

So because you didn't like the story you can't understand why others do?

You're an idiot.

-inVADER-
  • -inVADER-

Have you met my lovely wife, Laura? No! Well, ......

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

V for every reason

Graphics

Driving

Story

Customization

etc

etc

etc

What is good about Driving in this game.

MaxPayne3MP3
  • MaxPayne3MP3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

V for every reason

Graphics

Driving

Story

Customization

etc

etc

etc

GTA 5's story was alright, i mean it was exciting enough to keep you going imo, it had bits of funny and adventurous stuff that make you feel like the story is not ending soon.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:38 AM Edited by Munx, 01 October 2013 - 04:39 AM.

OH snap, you gta 4 nostalgia fanboys just got TOLD! (don't get me wrong I loved 4, but I didnt submerge myself in nostalgia before gta v came out :p)

Great poll poster :)

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

GTA IV for the story, GTA V for everything else.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

Why are people including TBoGT and TLaD when talking about IV?

They're separate games.

How anyone can pick IV over V is beyond me. It's not even close.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:05 AM Edited by Juzt, 01 October 2013 - 05:06 AM.

GTA 4

LMAO this is just plain WRONG.

How can a game, that is smaller and  set purely in a bleak city be more diverse  than a game that has many different distinct regions? deserts, mountains, woods, vinewood hills, the ghetto, the beach, hollywood ? I could go on.

I swear some people on here smoke crack.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH are you high on something? wtf are you talking about? more diverse? WTF more multicultureal? wtf do you mean? so a grey city with 1 park is more diverse with a game with a huge coty with gettos to luxury, sea, lakes, river, mountains, dester, HIGHWAYS, smal towns, lumber mills, cultis camps, farms, ad on and on? WTF

the rest is oppinion but you canot say it was more diverse with a straight f*cking face....

And more multicultural? WTF how? there is 3 times as many different peds in gta5 than in 4..... whatever this forum relly pisses me off, opinions are one thing but saying total BS is another.

you beat me to it.

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:08 AM

V, by far. There are small details where IV is better but V's overall experience blows it away.

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:17 AM

GTA V !!

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

Personally, I think V's story is much better (Haven't finished it yet though) The characters are much more engaging, which is important to making a good story. And unlike Niko. Trevor, Michael and Franklins backstory, personalitys and goals in the story tie in MUCH better with the actual story missions.

Niko "I left mother russia to escape my past of murder and death"

*Gets Off Boat*

*Meets Random foreigner*

"Hey Niko, will you kill this guy for me? I know we've only just met and I'm only going to pay you $100, but will you do that for me?"

"Sure"

*Kills random foreigner he's never met for another random foreigner he's only just met*

*Mission Complete*

*Phone Rings*

"Hey couzin, lets go bowling"

Rinse and repeat.

GyroDemon
  • GyroDemon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

V.

IV was a great game, but the dark setting and lack of content really gets to you. Only reason I played it longer than I thought was because of the Ballad of Gay Tony.

Are you f*cking retarded?

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

GTA 4

LMAO this is just plain WRONG.

How can a game, that is smaller and  set purely in a bleak city be more diverse  than a game that has many different distinct regions? deserts, mountains, woods, vinewood hills, the ghetto, the beach, hollywood ? I could go on.

I swear some people on here smoke crack.

You know he might not be talking about physical geography right? From what I think he was trying to say I believe he was talking about the ped population itself and in a lot of ways he's right.

In GTA IV there are Albanian, Russian, Peurto Rican, Korean, Chinese, Italian, African-American, Jamaican neighbourhoods etc and they all feel different and unique.

Also before taking a shot at GTA IV's story you might want to get your facts straight. Niko's not Russian. He's Serbian for f*ck sake and I'm not sure how GTA IV's story could've been structured any other way with Niko doing things for people he doesn't know when he's just arrived in the country. What's he gong to have? A network of contacts when he's never been there before?

Infact this is what makes me connect with him more than say Michael, Trevor and Franklin. He's new and doesn't quite understand how American culture works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users