Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA 5 vs GTA 4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

Poll: Grand Theft Auto V vs Grand Theft Auto IV (302 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game is better in general?

1. Grand Theft Auto 5 (265 votes [87.75%])

Percentage of vote: 87.75%

2. Grand Theft Auto 4 (37 votes [12.25%])

Percentage of vote: 12.25%

Vote
MaxPayne3MP3
  • MaxPayne3MP3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

Based on disappointment or hype to features like gameplay, stories, activities, free roam, missions and everything in between of the two games: GTA 5 and GTA 4, which one is better and why?

Bageebi
  • Bageebi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

V for every reason

Graphics

Driving

Story

Customization

etc

etc

etc

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

Disappointment? Huh?

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

V.

IV was a great game, but the dark setting and lack of content really gets to you. Only reason I played it longer than I thought was because of the Ballad of Gay Tony.

• MaxPayne3MP3 likes this

MaxPayne3MP3
  • MaxPayne3MP3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

Disappointment? Huh?

People around the forums have been stating that GTA 5 is a disappointment, the story, the cops, the missions,... GTA IV on the other hand, also fans were disappointed, boring story, Roman, no planes, lack of customization,...

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

V for every reason

Graphics

Driving

Story

Customization

etc

etc

etc

Story? LOL you made me laugh on that one. V has to have one of the worst stories I ever played. Everything else I agree with. 

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

GTA V, for the 800th time..

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

GTA V. Quite obviously. Just because a few whiny brats are disappointed because their expectations were too high/they have no creativity, does not spoil the game as a whole. 

• MaxPayne3MP3 and Distrom like this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

I find them about equal. GTA IV I think has a more polished and overall finished feel but lacks side-material and has pacing issues in the story.  GTA V I believe feels less polished overall with some poor design choices and some features that feel tacked on but a much better story and more to do. 

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

The only thing IV (incl EFLC) has over V is the story, writing and the characters, which are way better.

V on the other hand has everything else.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

GTA IV if I had to be honest.

I love GTA V don't get me wrong, but there are things about it I loved about GTA IV which were either excluded completely or really toned down.

Unlike some people I loved hanging out with the friends in GTA IV. It gave the game so much more depth. In GTA V it really has no point as you gain nothing by hanging out with them. I used Dwayne's backup for harder missions, LJ's weapons when I was strapped for cash or bombs from Packie when I wanted to gave a bit of fun. The system used in GTA V for lack of a better word is sh*t.

In a lot of ways GTA V has fixed issues with GTA IV, but at the same time has created its own by seemingly discarding things from GTA IV for no real reason.

That's just my honest take on it.

Swe78
  • Swe78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

GTA V wins this battle, but V is not on my top 3 list of the best GTA games ever. GTA IV is my least favourite GTA of all time. 

Bageebi
  • Bageebi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

V for every reason

Graphics

Driving

Story

Customization

etc

etc

etc

Story? LOL you made me laugh on that one. V has to have one of the worst stories I ever played. Everything else I agree with. 

Ok well there's this thing called an opinion.  I'll pause while you Google it.

The OP was asking for people's opinions and I gave mine.

Up to speed?

You don't agree with my opinion?  Lemme check...yup the world's still spinning...

Andrew-23
  • Andrew-23

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:41 AM Edited by Andrew-23, 29 September 2013 - 07:42 AM.

We won't know until GTA Online comes out. This is GTA V's calling card. It is why Rockstar made GTA V. As far as single player goes, I would say GTA V. But it's honestly not by a whole lot. The characters in GTA IV were absolute sh*t. 

GTA V has some good things going for it over IV.

* Buying properties

* Stock market

* Customizing cars

* Golf I feel is a really high quality mini game. I can't wait to play it online with real people.

* The map is much bigger with many types of neighborhoods and terrains.

* Animals to hunt

* Character switching provides more replay value and is innovative

* The characters are much more likeable this time around

GTA Online will be the deciding factor between the two games. It could be a real game changer if Rockstar gets it right.

Sebor
  • Sebor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

GTA 4 was nothing in comparison. For me it is the least played GTA. I already played GTA 5 More lol.

Franklin_Clinton24
  • Franklin_Clinton24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

@Bageebi it is a bad story a good atory is when you care about the characters and that the characters have an arch. Micheal in a nutshell " I miss my family." Trevor in a nutshelll" My dad want nice." Franklin in a nutshell" Will you bitches stop complaining" and there is the whole game

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

Based on disappointment or hype to features like gameplay, stories, activities, free roam, missions and everything in between of the two games: GTA 5 and GTA 4, which one is better and why?

Gameplay - GTA 5

Story - GTA 4

Activities - GTA 4

Free Roam - GTA 5

Missions - GTA 5

"Everything in between" - GTA 5

MaxPayne3MP3
  • MaxPayne3MP3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

V.

IV was a great game, but the dark setting and lack of content really gets to you. Only reason I played it longer than I thought was because of the Ballad of Gay Tony.

True

The Ballad of Gay Tony was the strong point in the series, i loved it, even though it was a DLC and had less missions, it was better overall than GTA IV. GTA IV, imo, had a boring character and storyline, and most of the missions were just to do dirty jobs for other people until you finish the game

takeral
  • takeral

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

It's not black and white. 

GTA V wins in some aspects(quality of missions, map) while GTA IV  in others(car physics, more "crime" activities)

CME117
  • CME117

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

tbh I liked GTA IV more. I really liked its dark story and setting. It also had more little details than GTA V and better side activities (police missions and stuff).

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

V for every reason

Graphics

Driving

Story

Customization

etc

etc

etc

Up to speed?

You don't agree with my opinion?  Lemme check...yup the world's still spinning...

Have you heard of a misinformed opinion? You got that one. You've been brainwash with todays bad movies that you honestly think the story of V is good. 

Did you get confused with Missions/stories being together? If so then I take that back. 

Universal-Shot
  • Universal-Shot

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

I voted 4 because it was good at what it did and for what it is, I enjoyed it more up to now. 5 is more fun on the whole, but I enjoyed 4 more. 

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

V for every reason

Graphics

Driving

Story

Customization

etc

etc

etc

Up to speed?

Have you heard of a misinformed opinion? You got that one. You've been brainwash with todays bad movies that you honestly think the story of V is good. 

Did you get confused with Missions/stories being together? If so then I take that back. 

Missinformed opinion? Bad movies? what are you on buddy? Have you watched the movie Heat from 1995? Many aspects from the movie are included in this game and it was one of the best movies released in the 90's... so don't come in here and talk about crap like "missinformed opinion" or anything like, I loved V's story and I know many do aswell and you can't do nothing about it, you know why? Because everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

V for every reason

Graphics

Driving

Story

Customization

etc

etc

etc

Did you not play San Andreas then?

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:21 AM Edited by Official General, 30 September 2013 - 12:22 AM.

Gameplay : GTA 5 - GTA 5 definitely has the better overall gameplay than GTA 4. GTA 5 has a better cover system, better police system, there is a lot to do on the map, and the level of variety in the missions is great.

Storyline : GTA 4 - GTA 5 has a lot of very funny moments, but GTA 4 appears to have a much better, deeper and more interesting storyline. GTA 4's storyline was classic stuff. 

Activities : GTA 4  - GTA 4 has slightly better side missions and friendship perks. Calling up Dwayne's boys to back you up was a great feature, something like this is not even available in GTA 5. Could have done with this (especially with Franklin) instead of yoga. Poice database vigilante and Brucie's car thefts were great fun too. 

Free Roam : GTA 5 - Los Santos just feels much more alive and vibrant than Liberty City in GTA 4, there is just much more going on in the streets. The thrill from the danger of being attacked by gangs in the ghettos, and the excellent random encounter system greatly adds to the fun. 

Missions : GTA 5 - GTA 4 had some great missions like Three Leaf Clover, but many of the other missions were repetitive, too much hitman-based go there-and-kill-him missions let it down. GTA 5 offers more much variety and fun in the the missions, you don't feel like you are always doing the same thing most of the time. 

Everything in between : GTA 5 - GTA 5 has a bit of everything when it comes to what should be in a great GTA game, something GTA 4 does not. GTA 5 is certainly not perfect, but GTA 4 lacked in one too many areas for me, so GTA 5 wins. 

• MaxPayne3MP3 likes this

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

I prefer the story of IV, but still enjoyed the story in V. Overall though, V wins hands down.

kietotheworld
  • kietotheworld

Hater Player

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

Objectively V is better in every respect but I still prefer IV.

Roscoe182
  • Roscoe182

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

V for every reason

Graphics

Driving

Story

Customization

etc

etc

etc

Up to speed?

what a complete tit.

you have to be a troll. a misinformed opinion  . is an opinion with facts in it that are wrong. what does the quality of a story or enjoyment value of it have to do with being misinformed opinion.

i like GTA V a hell of alot more than IV but my friend completly disagrees with me. is that a misinformed opinion or just flat out his opinion..... yeah thats right its just his opinion.

honestly misinformed lol.

IGhostUlt
  • IGhostUlt

LSLKS

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

although gta v is an overall better game gta iv had more depth

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom