Could This Be?

18 replies to this topic
ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

Since posting about a glitch about cars disappearing from Franklin's garage in the Hills (which has even grabbed the eye of the media http://games.yahoo.c...-170530151.html) I've come to a conclusion about where the cars might be going, the theory is pretty far-fetched but it's hard to put anything past R*. Now work with me on this, is it possible that R*, whom took the time out of their day to park you a car and a motorcycle outside of the house that they gave you don't want you to drive anything else? Thusly having the cars "disappear" from the garage with intent to emphasize that there are cars already there  :blink: Call it what you want but when I see that my cars are gone I do kind of wonder if I've been robbed  :whuh: I mean at first it was just a GPU glitch to me that I would fix by parking a car in the garage to "trick" the cars that disappeared to display, which worked the first time. I've since tried it again, this time with 2 cars that disappeared in the garage and a motorcycle in between where they were parked to make them re-appear that is now gone too  :O BTW has anybody else stumbled across the open garage that isn't attached to a property near the "walk of fame" area  :orly: What could it mean?  :panic:

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

makes no sense when they give you a seperate garage to park cars and in the Collectors Edition they give you three seperate cars from what you find the characters have already.

LrdMASTRk
  • LrdMASTRk

Can't Wait!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

I had this glitch happen when I moved into Franklin's house in the hills, I had the Comet and the Coquette, saved the game the cars disappeared then I put a new one in saved it and then reloaded the game and my other cars came back.  Haven't had it happen since.

blues3531
  • blues3531

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

It happens mainly  because of character switching and stuff like that. The fact that they have multiple cars spawn around michaels house and apparently that lot can only save so many. You got michael's audi, tracy's mini and the red sentinel xs. if you park your own specific modded car in the garage that makes 4 cars on the lot and your car gets wiped by the games function that gets called up to spawn all the other set character cars around you and your safehouse.

In Franklin's house you got his buffalo, the sh*tty bike they force you to own and if you do another car of your choosing in the garage that makes 3 on the lot.

They could fix it if they just gave you the option to actually inside a menu select what specific car you want to be each character's main car that spawns around town with them adn on missions etc.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

Rockstar are removing cars intentionally, i know for a fact if you never connect to internet on your ps3 or xbox you will never lose the car! #FACT

Crapnaut
  • Crapnaut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

I've noticed another strange car behaviour. I wanted to do a nice banshee burning to see if stocks are rising, so i found a parking lot with about 8 banshees and started moving them close together. After having 4 next to each other I was walking towards the next one, but when i turned around 2 were already gone.

Seems cars are quickly removed from the buffer as that space is needed.

Also happens to me when I have a stolen or my own car and see another one.. just stop and steal the other one, drive just a few meters.. get out and quite often the first car disappeared already.. 

Scar3dGam3r
  • Scar3dGam3r

Proto-Hipster

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Rockstar are removing cars intentionally, i know for a fact if you never connect to internet on your ps3 or xbox you will never lose the car! #FACT

THis is f*cking stupid. I'm connected to the internet every time I play and cars still disappear for me. #stupidasf*ck

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

THis is f*cking stupid. I'm connected to the internet every time I play and cars still disappear for me. #stupidasf*ck

I said if you never are connected learn to read #FACT #KIFFLOM

Vexedd
  • Vexedd

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

Jiggysaw, will you be my best friend?

slydog
  • slydog

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

Why can't it be like Saints Row car storage system with a menu that one can select the car from kind of like the menu for special cars to spawn and the helipad select a vehicle to spawn which is always the generic frogger from the early heists.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Michael's garage is apparently the only one that never fails on you (though when I park motorcycle alongside my Stinger and Sabre, it disappears, but thankfully my cars have never disappeared)

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Yeah, this has happened to me too at Franklin's house in the hills, what's wierd is that the garage door is always open and the car gone... lost a few hundred thou in mods this way kind of annoying.

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

What do you mean, signed in with an XboxLive Gold account or just signed in to your regular XboxLive account. The latter is what I do right now, my gold account is disabled. 

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Dumb as it may be he might be onto something, I've found another opened garage not far from the first that I've mentioned, also attached to a property that can't be purchased and like with all garages you assume that you can park a car in there and it will be saved, which I did but to no avail, I came back to that location (which I marked off as a point of interest) and the car that I parked there was gone. Maybe it just might be a better idea to park cars in properties that you've purchased and not from the ones that you find or are given  :rampage:

Eddie_1100
  • Eddie_1100

In the deep end

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

um i havent been having problems with any of my garages, since maybe a couple days after the game came out? on ps3

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

um i havent been having problems with any of my garages, since maybe a couple days after the game came out? on ps3

Well on Xbox this could be anything that stems from the game's install disc conflicting with the consoles spontaneous updates to just a transition from the source that it was compiled on to the console where it gets played. Maybe it's just more compatible with PS3, not to mention that PS3's

get less notoriety for being modded so this could be some security measure (checksum) to make sure that guys aren't using the game as a medium to hack the console.

HalfDead1247
  • HalfDead1247

Eats Lighting, Sh!ts Thunder

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:16 AM Edited by HalfDead1247, 30 September 2013 - 03:16 AM.

My fully modded car always get changed back to default. Fudge I hope R* fixes this. D: 

blues3531
  • blues3531

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

Nope. I played the game all the way through the story with my ps3 completely offline as something happened with my psn account password. So I was offline through the whole game and I had the problem happen many times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users