Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V vs Red Dead Redemption

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
214 replies to this topic

Poll: Which game has a better world (map) design (188 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game has a better world (map) design

1. Red Dead Redemption (107 votes [56.91%])

Percentage of vote: 56.91%

2. Grand Theft Auto V (81 votes [43.09%])

Percentage of vote: 43.09%

Vote
Franklin_Clinton24
  • Franklin_Clinton24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

The one where you love that character so much you cry when something happens to him is better so Red Dead

Hardcore1982
  • Hardcore1982

Dirty Harry

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Can't decide. Red Dead is an amazing game. But I also have tons of fun with GTA5, both have their pros and cons.

It's a draw.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

I'd have to say they were neck & neck at the moment.

Swe78
  • Swe78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

RDR is better and it's one of my top 5-10 best games of this generation and one of my top 3-4 favourite Rockstar games of all time.

Da Kno
  • Da Kno

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

RDR.

A story-line simply doesn't make up 100% of a game.

You need things to do on the side, its a must have.

The 100% requirements on RDR were actually FUN to do, the drawn out story line was fun to do.

Gang hideout raiding, killing animals and selling the meat for ammo, looking for treasures, getting shot because you tried to white knight it.

GTA:V is disappointment.  Theres too many saints row aspects.

If they had given me GTA:IV, with a different map and some new guns, i'd of been more than happy.

But they tried to take V further than needed..

Everyones hostile

Very minimum melee attacks

Counter attacks suck

Have convo with police, get shot/arrested

Why the f*ck can you flip a car back over regardless of anything?

Not nearly enough damage to the car when you break it

many more

I'm not being a whiney little bitch that moans because i actually care what anyone else thinks, no.

I'm simply pretty let down by V, the story line was great, everything else is balls.

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

I love both games, but I like GTA V just a little bit more.

There are simply more things to do, deeper world to explore, and overall better sandbox in GTA V, but the story, characters and overall writing is just not on the level of RDR. Overall I like the modern times setting a bit more than the Wild West setting, so my vote goes to GTA V.

Dirtbag Daryl
  • Dirtbag Daryl

Dirtbag

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

This is a GTA V discussion section, not a battle between games section.

It's idiots like you who're ruining these forums.

lel, look at this douche

you can try and act like some superior hot-shot all you want but please don't be so degrading to people who want to bring up differing conversation, it's quite ugly.

i really fail to see your problem with this, i mean, it's just some dude wanting to see what other people see as the better game, does it not fall under discussion over GTA 5?

i'd say more, but meh, i've wasted enough time as it is. so, y'know, get over yourself n' stuff

Vamp 1911
  • Vamp 1911

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

Red Dead for me. Story, gambling and the rain/storm effect when the weather changes. Man that was good.

But give me some awesome heist missions online and I might change my mind.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Have to say GTA V, that said in a way I would consider rdr GTA V's equal for game of the generation.

RDR-Detox
  • RDR-Detox

lllNamelesslll

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

What game do you think is your favorite?

I love both games. I think gta v is amazing but red dead is my favorite for sure. This may change after the release of dlc and online.

The story in RDR was a 100 times better than the one in GTA V

Neoflite
  • Neoflite

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

!Possible spoiler! http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5oWKCp102ic

Nuff said...

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

Again..Red Dead Redemption and it's not even close.

CresantMoon
  • CresantMoon

Under the willows

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

Never played RDR sadly. I want to tho

Neoflite
  • Neoflite

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Go for it! And don`t watch any video`s about the game (like the one I posted above - DON`T WATCH IT), could spoil the experience for you.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

lel, look at this douche

you can try and act like some superior hot-shot all you want but please don't be so degrading to people who want to bring up differing conversation, it's quite ugly.

i really fail to see your problem with this, i mean, it's just some dude wanting to see what other people see as the better game, does it not fall under discussion over GTA 5?

i'd say more, but meh, i've wasted enough time as it is. so, y'know, get over yourself n' stuff

I have no problem, I'm merely pointing out facts. 

Please, brush up on your grammar before trying to debate or argue points with me. 

Yes, I'm an asshole. No, I'm not a "douchebag".

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Do yourself a favour and buy it asap, Its not a experience that should be missed.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Do yourself a favour and buy it asap, Its not a experience that should be missed.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Hardcore1982
  • Hardcore1982

Dirty Harry

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:40 AM Edited by Hardcore1982, 29 September 2013 - 11:41 AM.

I envy you to be able playing RDR first time.

It's awesome. Like Neoflite said, go for it and don't spoil the experience with videos.

You won't regret it.

RetardOfTheYear
  • RetardOfTheYear

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

Story - RDR

Epicness - RDR (because of the ending)

Graphics/Animations - GTA V (hands down)

Multiplayer - comming soon

Fight - I would say GTA V bit a little margin

Free roam fun - GTA V by a little margin

Overall fun - GTA V by a little margin

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

I'll wait until after GTA: Online is released first to decide wheter i like one more than the other. Both are amazing games though and it would be a hard decision to decide which one is better.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

I would even say RDR had more consistent graphics than V, the grass, rocks and general wilderness looked much superior than V's wilderness (blaine county).

saksoka
  • saksoka

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

I like them both , but V slightly more 

SmellyCHeese
  • SmellyCHeese

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

Considering RDR was my first open world game...

RDR

Dirtbag Daryl
  • Dirtbag Daryl

Dirtbag

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:13 PM Edited by Deathless the Thug, 29 September 2013 - 06:24 PM.

lel, look at this douche

I have no problem, I'm merely pointing out facts. 

Please, brush up on your grammar before trying to debate or argue points with me. 

Yes, I'm an asshole. No, I'm not a "douchebag".

you say that as if i should care what some teenage to mid 20's nobody (who thinks hes edgy as f*ck) has to say about my grammar on a forum, lmao.

get real, you're not slick, you're not smart, you're just a dick and nothing more. there's nothing special about you, so please quit deluding yourself.

despite what you might think though, you really aren't better than anyone here, so if you could find it in that little thing you call a heart, stop acting like it. thanks.

oh and uh, facts? lel. the only fact i see is the fact this isn't a "battle between games" section, which OBVIOUSLY must instantly make any thread in regard to that topic irrelevant and null in void, right?

anyways, have fun with that superiority complex.

EDIT: oh, you're 17, that must be the source of your "im so edgy" attitude. kinda disappointed you weren't older, that would've made it funnier. it is funny you visited my profile though, are you gonna use my join date or post rate against me as if it matters? lol.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

I would say GTA V, i have had a lot of fun with RDR, it definitely has a better story than GTA V (dare i say RDR even has a better story than The Last of Us)

But lets face it, In open world games like these where the majority of people ignore the story just to go free roaming and play multiplayer.

Judging the two games just for the story alone is pretty pointless. Its like comparing 2 cars just by their new car smell. 

I have had much more fun with GTA V, the map is larger and i simply have more fun driving and running over people than riding horseback while im dragging someone with my lasso.

But i have to say that the Dead-Eye in RDR is singlehandedly better than the 3 special abilities in V COMBINED.

Drake1212
  • Drake1212

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

Gotta say GTA V.
RDR has the best story (maybe the best story in a video game ever), but after completing the story and most challenges it just became too trivial.
GTA V on the other hand continues to be fun after completing the game (even more fun due to all the features you unlock) as you can always go on a mindless rampage.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:54 PM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 15 November 2013 - 05:54 PM.

I prefer the RDR game engine and there will forever be fond memories of john marston 

Lol, GTA IV, GTA V and RDR are all on the same game engine, RAGE.

Yeah but GTA V has better graphics than both of those games. Same engine, just updated graphics. Although RDR's shadows were much more sharper, and you can see them from a distance. In GTA V, the shadows are all blurry and aren't highly detailed until you get very close to them. But that's just console limitations for such a huge game. RDR looked more sharper because it had a very small map in comparison plus there wasn't much going on. But if we're talking about visuals, GTA V takes the cake in some areas.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

Red Dead

911_Ghost
  • 911_Ghost

GTA Developer and Modder

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:00 PM Edited by 911_Ghost, 24 December 2013 - 06:01 PM.

GTA V- Los Santos is a sprawling sun-soaked metropolis full of self-help gurus, starlets and once-important stars. The city was once the envy of the Western world, but is now struggling to stay relevant in an era of economic uncertainty and reality TV. Amidst the chaos, three very different criminals chart their own chances of survival and success: Franklin, a former street gangster, now looking for real opportunities and fat stacks of cash; Michael, a professional ex-con whose retirement is significantly less rosy than he hoped it would be; and Trevor, a violent maniac driven by the chance of a cheap high and the next big score. Rapidly running out of options, the crew risks everything in a series of bolt and dangerous heists that could set them up for the long haul. Score=97                                                                 Red Dead-Developed by Rockstar San Diego, as a follow up to the 2004 hit game Red Dead Revolver, Red Dead Redemption is a Western epic, set at the turn of the 20th century when the lawless and chaotic badlands began to give way to the expanding reach of government and the spread of the Industrial Age. The story of former outlaw, John Marston, Red Dead Redemption takes players on a great adventure across the American frontier. Utilizing Rockstar's proprietary Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE), Red Dead Redemption features an open-world environment for players to explore, including frontier towns, rolling prairies teeming with wildlife, and perilous mountain passes - each packed with an endless flow of varied distractions. Along the way, players experience the heat of gunfights and battles, meet a host of unique characters, struggle against the harshness of one of the world’s last remaining wildernesses, and ultimately pick their own precarious path through an epic story about the death of the Wild West and the gunslingers that inhabited it.-Score=95 So overall, both games come close. I can't decide. RDR had that western feeling and gave me a history lesson, with fun mini games and a great hold on story that kept me thriving for more! But then GTA V had a modern feeling we can relate to(besides being a criminal) and shows how everyday life is a struggle. GTA V had an epic story filled with different scenarios that were completely different. Basically, In both GTA V and RDR, they had completely different storylines,missions, minigames. A different setting also. Each character of GTA V put you to where you had a feeling if they died. But in RDR you didn't want John to die, you wanted him to succeed. See in RDR, you learn much about the character, but in GTA V, you just play as them, maybe get to understand them somewhat. Overall.... they are both equal. Except GTA V is newer and more people play it! There's my case. Hope you like. Reply, and such on it.

Niobium
  • Niobium

TREVOR FANBOYS LIVES DON'T MATTER

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

RDR destroys V when it comes to story

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users