» «
Photo

Best Police Standoff Locals

115 replies to this topic
Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:38 AM Edited by Virazol, 25 September 2013 - 04:44 AM.

So after reading so many people complain about inability to have good shootouts, I took it upon myself to find some.  I will post them here as I find them, and others are welcome to post their favorite shootout locations.

1. Parking garage at Strawberry

28vanmg.jpg
Parking Garages are great locations to host a shootout because you're covered from helicopters.  This one is my favorite for several reasons.
214rw9d.jpg
For one, the walls are nice and high to provide great cover and there's lots of space to move around in, but that also means cops have lots of space if you allow them to become mobile.

qxlbx2.jpg

There is only one entrance into this parking garage, allowing you to hold your position very well.  Behind you is a covered wall, so you do not have to worry about taking too much fire from behind.
nmylvm.jpg

On the roof of the garage there is a ramp you can take if things get far too heavy.  You could also jump to the roof below, then down again to get into a nice tight alley. (You may take fall damage)

2v0errn.jpg

My favorite location to hold my ground is on the Third level at the end of the ramp behind the pillar, the police tend to all stick on one side so it's pretty easy to pick them off as they come around the corner, and since you're in the air, you don't need to worry about being shot from behind.

jsodiw.jpg

I will be adding future posts to this thread with even more locations as I find them, I only just began my search and so far It's paid off well.  Also please include your favorite shootout locations!

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

In the Hills near Vinewood. Theres a few houses propped up on the hill..(Think Mission where Frank and Mike pull down the house). You can use that as cover from the choppers...The cops stumble around because of the angle of the hill when trying to come down to get you and you end up with a commanding view of any police trying to get to you from the street below.

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

The train.

• Bozzah likes this

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

Doesn't matter because cops spawn from thin air. 

• burner12 likes this

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

They wont spawn within your view.  So they wouldn't spawn in the garage.

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

They wont spawn within your view.  So they wouldn't spawn in the garage.

Hmmmmm I like the way you think. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

i tried the garage but i think they repelled from helicopters because they got behind me inside somehow.

Warlord_WO
  • Warlord_WO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

ammunition, one of the ones with a range.
  • Pastry likes this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

i tried the garage but i think they repelled from helicopters because they got behind me inside somehow.

Had the same thing happen at a train station. Was going well until then.

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

If you stand in the location I show in the picture on the third floor, you can see them coming if they repel down.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

might have to try that spot, thanks for the tip!

I tried a spot by the one hospital that has the dual entrance and the van parked under there and they seemed to only come from the front, but the entrance is wide and they come from both sides.  I took cover against the wall on the one side so the guys coming from that way were pretty close so you had to deal with the quickly and while you shot them the guys on the street further away on the other side shoot you.  The helicopters cant get you and there are a couple health packs on the walls over by the doors but by the time you need health you have so many stars the cops are coming so fast there is no way you can make it to the health pack because there are so many that you can hardly shoot them and reload quick enough and once you run out of rockets grenades and stickybombs you dont have much time left because there are too many shooting at you and it takes a few shots to kill them and not very many to kill you, but you spawn right back in the same spot and can start all over, lol!  The combat MG seems to work the best if you have that one until they just get to be too many to handle.  It has a high capacity mag and reloads pretty quick.  still takes a few shots to get them but it kills them faster than a carbine and reloads less often.

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

i have a spot i will take a pic

AlkalineBattery
  • AlkalineBattery

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Was having a shootout in this garage just yesterday, didnt really last longer than usual. at ground floor i managed to take a few cops down yes..but all of a sudden they kept coming from all sides and i was forced to take shelter on next floor... they just kept coming, like there's an army of cops...take at least 10 of them down but they kept coming.. forcing me out on the open when i was taken down by their copter in a mere second lol

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

I had a nice half hour gunfight in that garage until 10 of them rushed me with shotguns and I had no more god mode left :(

simstar29
  • simstar29

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

I had a nice half hour gunfight in that garage until 10 of them rushed me with shotguns and I had no more god mode left :(

Arh the benefits of god mode! :), I had a battle last night at Trevor's hangar, lasted about 30 minutes, tank lasted a while then i did a bit of a sucide thing and went to the Army base and had a all out WAR on em. Stole the miltary jet and got gunned down! and wasted! 

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

Rockford plaza! got 5* there

BrosephStalin
  • BrosephStalin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

Aight right now the only good spots i got a long wall in the end of grove street and most of the airport and some parking lots anybody got any other ones don't tell me the gas station or 24/7 cause they can shoot through the windows and theres no really good cover

Mastahcheech
  • Mastahcheech

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

Franklin's house with Trevor or Michael, all the doors are closed except the bedroom one so they always come through there. They cant shoot through the glass either. Closet or top of stairs is a good spot. Or glitch inside the haircut place and shoot cops until youre satisfied and jump in the gray area and get away haha

jesg
  • jesg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

I like to ride Train flatcars. They actually have a little wall around them you can cover behind. And riding the train makes it harder for the helis to get a bead on you. Can basically ride and shoot as long as you have ammo.

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

you hide behind this fence and the cops climb over and you pick them off.

then the bodies start piling up and the cops who come over the fence slip and fall on the other dead bodies and there gun goes off killing themselves.

helicopter cant get you either and for some reason the cops dont really shoot through the fence but you can shoot them.

2569qog.jpg

2sbtztg.jpg

szjvck.jpg

• no_snacks, RPhilMan1, Pastry and 1 other like this

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

Could always just go inside a store or Michaels house.. No helicopters, one entrance to the bedroom = nothing is getting near you if you know what you're doing.

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

I like hiding behind the wall in Binco with a shotgun blasting cops

RPhilMan1
  • RPhilMan1

Now or Never

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

Could always just go inside a store or Michaels house.. No helicopters, one entrance to the bedroom = nothing is getting near you if you know what you're doing.

You can't use weapons there...

• Alex Wesker likes this

JayMosEnvied
  • JayMosEnvied

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

The smaller construction zone is a good spot as well. Just climb up the ladders onto the second floor and hide behind one of the beams. Helicopters can't get to you and they repel swat on the other side of the building. Also cops will be climbing up the ladder but you can pick them off easily.

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

i want to do a quick shootout with the cops but i want to go somewhere i can take cover and shoot tons of cops

Canucks
  • Canucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

Hanger at international airport..or anywhere the helicopters cant reach you

HockeyMike24
  • HockeyMike24

Yes.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

I got onto the train and went all the way around the map with 5 stars shooting at the cops as they drove along side the train and shot down helicopters when ever they came near. It's a really fun way to shoot some cops and when you're done you just stop shooting and you'll lose them because there not smart enough to follow the train.

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

I got onto the train and went all the way around the map with 5 stars shooting at the cops as they drove along side the train and shot down helicopters when ever they came near. It's a really fun way to shoot some cops and when you're done you just stop shooting and you'll lose them because there not smart enough to follow the train.

lol just did that 15 mins ago

Blacc94
  • Blacc94

G

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

Same here lol, that was the 1st time I've ever gotten 5 stars.

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

Same here lol, that was the 1st time I've ever gotten 5 stars.

yea and the whole time i was waiting for military heli's or some jeeps,so it was kinda of pointless

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users