Photo

Internet problem

41 replies to this topic
EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Still getting this dumb glitch so I sent a support ticket earlier today.

Hopefully there's a more convenient solution than starting story mode all over again.

if you are trying to buy stuff in GTAO just load an old save then start online and internet works. Can't help for SP though.

BloodRed87
  • BloodRed87

Loser

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Still getting this dumb glitch so I sent a support ticket earlier today.

Hopefully there's a more convenient solution than starting story mode all over again.

if you are trying to buy stuff in GTAO just load an old save then start online and internet works. Can't help for SP though.

Don't have any old saves. So that solution is out the window.

DugFreez
  • DugFreez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

Of the many threads I have read about this issue, this is the first one I have ever heard if the 1.01 update actually fixing the problem for anyone.

It seems for most, including myself, didn't even have the problem until after the first (1.01) patch was released on October 1st.

What I can say is it still isn't fixed for me. All of my current games saves are bug free. I can use the internet on the phone freely without issue, BUT...If I do the mission "Meltdown", "A Starlete in Vinewood" or replay Trevor's Rampages...the glitch WILL SHOW UP everytime.

As it is, I can't progress in the story without playing "Meltdown" so I am stuck until there is a real fix.

Anyone having this issue, please submit a support ticket at Rockstar's support site.

silvertab78
  • silvertab78

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

I am guessing they have not fixed this.  I was having this issue a while back (in September, before the 1.01 patch) when replaying Trevor's rampages.  I have since gotten a new Xbox (GTA was too much for my old one to handle and it died). I was playing GTA Online for the past few weeks. I assumed that the issue was somewhere in a corrupted install, so i figured with a new install and the corrupted save files deleted I would not have this issue again.

When I started playing the story mode again (to get 100% completion), I had 22 of 50 spaceship parts, 21 of 50 letter scraps, and 26 of 50 bridges. I then got all the spaceship parts, all the letter scraps and 47 of the bridges only to find out that the issue was back in all of my game saves except the one from a few days ago where I still had all of that work still to do.  

Anyone get a response from Rockstar about this?

needtocontrol
  • needtocontrol

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

I put in a support call and got pointed to one that states that they've fixed the cause (allegedly) but not the symptoms. It prevents me using the internet (don't have any emails with links anymore) but that wasn't a big problem as I'd bought most things I wanted (choppers, boats tanks all round etc). Only problem is I can't replay any missions. Just keeps asking to create a save point, fails, asks to create a save point etc etc.

On the list for any more info on it but nothing yet.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

This bug has hit me today. I open the internet on the phone (SP or MP, doesn't matter) and I get booted out immediately, when re-trying, I find that everything in the phone is now useless and the character select wheel will not show up. In SP, the radar goes missing; in MP, it does not.

silvertab78
  • silvertab78

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

This bug has hit me today. I open the internet on the phone (SP or MP, doesn't matter) and I get booted out immediately, when re-trying, I find that everything in the phone is now useless and the character select wheel will not show up. In SP, the radar goes missing; in MP, it does not.

Do you have an older save game? If so, try loading it. You will lose any SP progress between saves, but if the bug wasn't present in that save file, you can continue to play.  I usually try to have multiple save games, but made the mistake of doing a lot of stuff before saving new...

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

Do you have an older save game? If so, try loading it. You will lose any SP progress between saves, but if the bug wasn't present in that save file, you can continue to play.  I usually try to have multiple save games, but made the mistake of doing a lot of stuff before saving new...

Yes, thankfully I have an older save that still has all of the main story missions complete, but with that I'm losing 50 letter scraps, 30 toxic waste barrels, and about $190,000,000 in cash for Franklin. I have a ton invested in the BAWSAQ, which is the only reason I'm trying to access to web. Gonna try a workaround and cash out ASAP, then I'll load the old save file so the bug doesn't effect MP.

Or it could be gone. It happened last night and I turned the console off. We'll see, but it appears that this is a bug that never goes away. 

silvertab78
  • silvertab78

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:47 PM Edited by silvertab78, 18 November 2013 - 02:48 PM.

Yeah, I lost over half of my "collectables" when loading my old save...

I got a response from my support ticket. It is the exact response I got from the first support ticket put in back in September....word for word except the guy's name who sent it. they obviously don't read them and just send a generic response especially since I told them this was a brand new Xbox and I still have the issue.

Some of the responses were"Install the game to a new section of the Hard Drive." "Test the game on a second console" and "Test the game when installed on a second hard drive."

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

The problem persists, and unfortunately, it appears that I'll be deleting my 86% autosave file. I'm tired of loading the older save file up just to be able to play GTA:O. While the other file is at 80%, I'll be losing all of the collectables and hundreds of millions of dollars for each character. 

I highly doubt I'll ever have the time to go back and collect all that stuff. This sucks because it's likely going to keep me from putting in any more time in SP mode. 

Now, I should mention that I did find a workaround for this. If you open an email that includes a link (for example, an email from the epsilon program of ammunation), you can access the internet without there being any issues, you just have to manually type in the link you wish to go to. Eventually, though, these emails will be deleted from your inbox because of the property income emails. I have no way to access the internet with Franklin, who has over a billion dollars of untouched money made on the BAWSAQ. This is infuriating. 

Baron Von Marlon
  • Baron Von Marlon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:35 AM

My phone hasn't worked in over a month now.

Single player and multi player.

Can't go on the internet, can't call anyone, can't quickstart a mission/deathmatch/race/...

I'm tired of trying again and again and getting the same result.

Times like these make me miss Vice City and San Andreas even more.

Those were the good days...

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

Glad to know I'm not the only one to get this retarded glitch. Loading an older save game does help, but no way am I starting all the way from there again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users