Photo

Internet problem

41 replies to this topic
Reapery
  • Reapery

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

So when I try and use the internet on my phone it turns itself off in a second and removes my hud in game basicly removing the map and anythign else that might appear such as money,ammo etc

Also now that I entered emails I cant get out of it nomather what button I press

I tried restarting the game and xbox but it is still there

Not sure what to do,the problem poped up out of nowhere :/

nhpkirkham
  • nhpkirkham

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

I've been having the same issue since i finished the main story last night.

Phone internet just shuts off as soon as I use it, and it also make all other phone applications unusable (except quick save).

I also can't switch characters!

I reloaded my save, and tried the computer in Jimmy's room, but the same thing happened, and i again couldn't use my phone or character switch.

This doesn't seem to be a very common bug, but I really hope its fixed in the first patch!!

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

I'm having the same issue!

Juzzy.jt
  • Juzzy.jt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

Same issue here. Now I'm stuck on 96% *Rage*

finath
  • finath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

Same problem for me. It started after I did "A Starlet in Vinewood" stranger mission. Luckily I have a save just before that, so I can complete everything else and have a save just before completing it, if I ever want to use the internet for anything (buying cars mainly, because I have 2 billion for each character).

I also encounter same problem whenever when I try to complete Phase 3 of the childrenofthemountain.com with Franklin, so I can't get the T-shirt, but I can live without that. Hopefully Rockstar will fix this issue with next patch though.

Juzzy.jt
  • Juzzy.jt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Yeah I finished the "Starlet in Vinewood" mission not long before it happened. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I don't remember receiving money for the mission either, but I'm not sure if you're suppose to.

Reapery
  • Reapery

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

I cant find much about it on google so im not sure how big the problem is :/

It rly sucks tho,cant do anything with the stocks,start some missions or even buy cars :(

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Unfortunately, I'm having the same issue.  According to Rockstar, if you open the internet during a mission replay, this problem will happen.  The only fix is to either load up an older save, start a new game, or wait for Rockstar to release a patch, which could likely be on October 1st.

Reapery
  • Reapery

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

I never did mission replays tho

Juzzy.jt
  • Juzzy.jt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

Yeah it can't be replays because I wasn't doing one

Scheintot887
  • Scheintot887

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

Oh, I didn't see this thread!

I have the same bug.

Temporary solution: start a mission in the mainmenu, after you finished the mission or quit the mission the overlay is available until you go back to the internet again.

Guess we have to wait until they will fix it.

whoons2332
  • whoons2332

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by whoons2332, 30 September 2013 - 05:51 PM.

I just registered to the forums to add my case to the list.

As of today my save is borked. Whether i reload or reboot my ps3 makes no difference, once you go online it instantly shuts down, removes the minimap, keeps you stuck on the email list and prohibits you from switching characters.

The last thin i did yesterday was the second Dom mission with Franklin where you skydive out of the plane on a quad. After ending it I quicksaved via the phone and quit the game.

Juzzy.jt
  • Juzzy.jt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:48 AM Edited by Juzzy.jt, 01 October 2013 - 08:48 AM.

You can still complete activities apart from missions which need the internet to begin. I've managed to use a link in one of Michaels emails to open up the internet and then type in www.bawsaq.com etc. I just can't do it with Franklin or Trevor because they have no email links.

Colonel_Putty
  • Colonel_Putty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

apparently rockstar is aware of this problem and is working on a fix.  also, to the op, do you remember the last mission/activity you were doing prior to the bug?

TerrorFields
  • TerrorFields

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

I just finished getting all the letter scraps and spaceship parts. Then my xbox 360 updated and I got the phone internet glitch :(

jesse_valentine
  • jesse_valentine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

I'm experiencing the same problem, created a GTA Forum account just to look this up. It happens after completing A Starlet in Vinewood for me as well. I had a save just before picking up the 50th piece of the letter, so I went back to that save and my phone works just fine. I then picked up the letter, completed the mission, and tried the phone. Phone stopped working. I wasn't on a mission replay, and I didn't open up my phone during the mission. I'm not sure what to do other than simply not picking up the 50th piece of the letter and just passing on that mission until this is resolved.

finath
  • finath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

The new patch fixed this issue for me. Like I said I had a save before this happened (before A Starlet In Vinewood), and after the patch I could use the internet even after doing the mission. Don't know if the bug is fixed if you don't have a save before it happened though.

Scheintot887
  • Scheintot887

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

Are you guys still have this bug with the 1.01 Patch? I have, but in the changelog they wrote its fixed, but its not. Right? Atleast not for me.

Spitfirex007
  • Spitfirex007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

I did the update, got on GTAO and tested it out, still crashing. I might just finish up the story and start a new game save. Pisses me off to no end because I've put 50-60 hours into this game. And it even crashes online.

Got Yourself A Gun
  • Got Yourself A Gun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

I ran into this issue the other day, starts to occur right after I complete "The Big Score", works fine before it and all through the mission but the second I beat the mission, it happens. I would of just started a new save but I was 97% done, but luckily it didn't effect being able to get 100% since the two things I needed didn't require internet use. Really sucked though because I wanted to invest my heist money into Pisswasser but couldn't access the net, obviously. Thankfully though, since I'm at the end I have an email for all 3 characters from their bank so I can still do it that way.

Only problem with that is eventually the emails will get removed from the inbox due to weekly messages from properties, but since I'm more or less done SP I figure I'll just wait till it gets a proper patch before going back to it. Other than GTAO not working right (which I totally anticipated) this is the biggest issue I've had so far and hope it doesn't take too long to get it fixed, because it definitely can be game breaking depending on when it occurs for people. 

Juzzy.jt
  • Juzzy.jt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

Yeah I've downloaded the "online" patch for PS3 and the in-game internet on my phone/laptop still crashed, so it's done nothing for my game. I've got all gold and everything 100% so I don't want to have to create a new game. :/

Colonel_Putty
  • Colonel_Putty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:40 AM Edited by Colonel_Putty, 02 October 2013 - 02:43 AM.

Despite what's listed in the patch notes, it's still an issue for me as well.  It may not be a retroactive fix, which is most unfortunate.  I recall someone mentioning that they thought it had something to do with a headline being published on the home page, which in all likelihood was causing the internet to crash and everything else to bug out.

Also, despite the fact that your GTA Online character/profile is supposedly separate from your save files, the bug actually appears to carry over.  If I load the new save file I created, which there is no internet bug, subsequently there are no issues with my online character either.  However, if I use the save file with the bugged internet, my online character also experiences the bug.  Now in both cases, it's the same GTA online character, same stats, rank and everything else so how the hell does that work?

Spitfirex007
  • Spitfirex007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

I am wondering if I delete my game save and start over, it is will effect my online character and his stats.

Djinn004
  • Djinn004

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

It’s still a bug on the home page on the internet, if you use the Ammu-Nation email or a mission email and use the address bar to manually type in the site it’s fine but, There’s something on that main page that f*cks everything up.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Does anyone know a way around this in GTAO? It is f*cking annoying having money with nothing to spend it on

Djinn004
  • Djinn004

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

Does anyone know a way around this in GTAO? It is f*cking annoying having money with nothing to spend it on

Unfortunately no, your just stuck with your cash for the time being.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Unfortunately no, your just stuck with your cash for the time being.

FFS

Scheintot887
  • Scheintot887

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Pls open a ticket on Rockstar support - everyone who has this bug or use this link to reply on my bug ticket!

http://support.rocks...equests/1082006

Nothing comes from nothing!

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

Despite what's listed in the patch notes, it's still an issue for me as well.  It may not be a retroactive fix, which is most unfortunate.  I recall someone mentioning that they thought it had something to do with a headline being published on the home page, which in all likelihood was causing the internet to crash and everything else to bug out.

Also, despite the fact that your GTA Online character/profile is supposedly separate from your save files, the bug actually appears to carry over.  If I load the new save file I created, which there is no internet bug, subsequently there are no issues with my online character either.  However, if I use the save file with the bugged internet, my online character also experiences the bug.  Now in both cases, it's the same GTA online character, same stats, rank and everything else so how the hell does that work?

Thanks, now I have figured out how to avoid it online, just load an old save!!! THANKS!

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!

BloodRed87
  • BloodRed87

Loser

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

Still getting this dumb glitch so I sent a support ticket earlier today.

Hopefully there's a more convenient solution than starting story mode all over again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users