How to disable the parachute?

21 replies to this topic
JACK55555
  • JACK55555

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Hi!

Does anyone know how to disable the parachute???

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:31 PM Edited by FearTheLiving, 28 September 2013 - 11:32 PM.

Triangle or Y, unless I'm understanding you incorrectly.

• JACK55555 likes this

JACK55555
  • JACK55555

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=e9oQ2-gRlaI

I want to jump without the parachute  (1:40 in the video)

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

I'm pretty sure you need to not have one equipped to begin with, he's also using the Super Jump cheat, so that may have to do with the way he falls.

• JACK55555 likes this

JACK55555
  • JACK55555

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

I'm pretty sure you need to not have one equipped to begin with, he's also using the Super Jump cheat, so that may have to do with the way he falls.

Yes. That's what I mean. How do I loose the parachute? It activates automacally...

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

Yes. That's what I mean. How do I loose the parachute? It activates automacally...

Have you tried getting busted?

JACK55555
  • JACK55555

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

Have you tried getting busted?

No. Will it work?

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:51 PM Edited by FearTheLiving, 28 September 2013 - 11:51 PM.

No. Will it work?

No idea, but it's worth a shot.

JACK55555
  • JACK55555

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

No. Will it work?

No idea, but it's worth a shot.

Did not work

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

Try holding holding different buttons for a few seconds each if that doesn't work then when you fall open parachute then disgard it straight away.

• JACK55555 likes this

JACK55555
  • JACK55555

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

Try holding holding different buttons for a few seconds each if that doesn't work then when you fall open parachute then disgard it straight away.

Nope. Still have it.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Nope. Still have it.

Im pretty sure once you open the parachute when you are falling that there is a button to get rid of it. Unless i dreamt it.

JACK55555
  • JACK55555

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

Nope. Still have it.

Im pretty sure once you open the parachute when you are falling that there is a button to get rid of it. Unless i dreamt it.

Yes, I know but then Super Jump won't work.

1:40 in the video

JACK55555
  • JACK55555

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

I don't know what to do...

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

Okay, listen. Once you get to a certain point in the story, whoever you're playing as will automatically put on a parachute when entering ANY aircraft. There is no way to disable it. What you can do, is as soon as you jump, press A/X to pull the chute, then when it's deployed press Y/Triangle to take it off and you will free fall to your death.

Hope that helps. ;)

• JACK55555 likes this

JACK55555
  • JACK55555

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

Okay, listen. Once you get to a certain point in the story, whoever you're playing as will automatically put on a parachute when entering ANY aircraft. There is no way to disable it. What you can do, is as soon as you jump, press A/X to pull the chute, then when it's deployed press Y/Triangle to take it off and you will free fall to your death.

Hope that helps. ;)

So if I want to do this at 1:40 in the video, I must start a new game?

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

Hope that helps. ;)

So if I want to do this at 1:40 in the video, I must start a new game?

That or just use the strategy that I just said. Or you could use that super jump cheat yourself...

NickStone
  • NickStone

My member doesn't have a title.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

At a certain point in the storyline, a chute is given to you automatically when you enter an air vehicle. It can only be used once. I came here looking to find a way to "un-equip it", or just not use the one you already have (causing the flailing-arm free-fall), as mentioned in an article 100 Jaw Dropping Features In GTA 5 You Might Not Know About that claims you can survive a no-chute freefall by activating the Special Ability on your way down.

I don't think there's a way to switch between using it/not using it if you already have it (think the old San Andreas did?), but you can accomplish it by using your chute and not getting into another air vehicle, or activate your chute on your way down, and then release it.

I wanted to test the above-mentioned (glitch?) by jumping off a tall building, but couldn't get there without air transport. Catch 22. Would parachute out of the heli onto a building but I'm not all that great with a chute. :/

So yeah, those are pretty much your only two options. Ditch the chute and drive up the mountain (or use Sky Fall / Invincibility cheats) or do an activate-and-release.

PS: I just saw Michael on two episodes of Law & Order SVU. I about crapped myself when I first heard that voice cuz I was also playing GTA at the same time, listening to Michael talk through a cutscene, only to hear him on Law & Order say "I did NOT **** my daughter!" I'm thinkin Wait, do WHAT with Tracey?! Roger Smith: "I love it when crap lines up..."

EMAGDN1M
  • EMAGDN1M

trust blocks creep

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

dude. all of you fail. i do this all the time. go skydive somewhere, ANYWHERE. make sure you pull your chute. land. now you are on the ground without a chute. the way to check if you have a chute or not is to look at your weapons selection wheel. chutes are in the bottom right. if you see the symbol, you must jump again. if not, YOU DONT HAVE A CHUTE. now input the super jump cheat. proceed to jump around as much as you want, you wont have a chute.

DFur4M
  • DFur4M

Papoi

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

dude. all of you fail. i do this all the time. go skydive somewhere, ANYWHERE. make sure you pull your chute. land. now you are on the ground without a chute. the way to check if you have a chute or not is to look at your weapons selection wheel. chutes are in the bottom right. if you see the symbol, you must jump again. if not, YOU DONT HAVE A CHUTE. now input the super jump cheat. proceed to jump around as much as you want, you wont have a chute.

As stated before, once you get to a certain point in the story, a parachute will always be equipped after entering an aircraft.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

This topic is five months old. Why bump it to repeat what was said in September? 

EMAGDN1M
  • EMAGDN1M

trust blocks creep

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

As stated before, once you get to a certain point in the story, a parachute will always be equipped after entering an aircraft.

lol what does that matter dude? he was asking how to use the super jump cheat WITHOUT a parachute.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users