Photo

Good Grief: All Your Concerns and Dismay

49 replies to this topic
jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

My chief complaint is the lack of heists, variety regarding methods, and the inability to plan my own heists.  Sure, this may come online, but I was really under the impression at some point in the story I'd unlock my own board and be able to pick/plan from 10-20+ random, non-story driven heists.  Would've added a lot, IMO.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

Can't wait until all the stupid people come in complaining, having no idea what they're talking about, and having no understanding about what's going on.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

Sorry, but just because this is a thread meant for collecting all of the petty arguments, meta arguments, and other assorted diatribes, doesn't mean that it's open season to start insulting others. Post kindly or suffer the wrath of a thousand Trevors.

• Immigration likes this

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

Sorry, but just because this is a thread meant for collecting all of the petty arguments, meta arguments, and other assorted diatribes, doesn't mean that it's open season to start insulting others. Post kindly or suffer the wrath of a thousand Trevors.

Or the sexy piece of beefcake in your sig

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

This right here:

http://gtaforums.com...g-all-the-time/

Very frustrating. Happening on both of my saved games. I have over 60 hours on my one save.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the game data. No dice. Major game ruining bug for me.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:47 AM Edited by Libertyking, 02 October 2013 - 01:50 AM.

I've never been so disappointed about a videogame before. Rockstar really over advertised this game, made too much hype for it and really made me angry, some time.

But everybody should keep in mind that if it wasn't named Grand Theft Auto, if it wasn't made by Rockstar, it would be considered as one of the best game ever made.

Think about it. If this game was not part of a known series, people would not list it's bad points like this, as they would not be expecting something perfect.

But anyway, this game really put Rockstar Games down the path of what I call "Videoscams", like Electronic Arts, Nintendo and Activision did. I explain: overrating a game before it's release, refrain people from posting leaks not to show the flaws of the game (that's how I see it) and then somehow make all videogame websites give it perfect scores. After the game's release, R* quietly announced that microtransaction-ish DLC would be part of the online game. They made (some of) us lose trust in them. Forever.

• FirstLadyofGTA likes this

slider57
  • slider57

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

***HUNTING***

The elk in this game are actually deer. Cletus refers to one of them as a doe, which is a female deer. Female elk are called cows and male elk are called bulls. However, Cletus also keeps saying to go hunt "elk", so he contradicts himself.

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

***HUNTING***

The elk in this game are actually deer. Cletus refers to one of them as a doe, which is a female deer. Female elk are called cows and male elk are called bulls. However, Cletus also keeps saying to go hunt "elk", so he contradicts himself.

Maybe he's just a slack-jawed yokel who doesn't know any better.

slider57
  • slider57

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

***HUNTING***

Maybe he's just a slack-jawed yokel who doesn't know any better.

Haha, perhaps. I always thought hicks were passionate about the country and hunting, at least the ones I know are.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

My biggest issue is that the main characters keep doing drugs, and me, the gamer, cannot stop them doing this.

Now, I think that all drug users are degenerate losers, especially those who say they do drugs just for recreational purposes.

-so, it really disgusts me that Rockstar forces the player to stoop to the level of these degenerates as we are forced to participate in the drug abuse of the main characters.

WEll, no more! I have always said no to drugs. And so, I will say no to GTA5 as well.

Yes! Today I shall return my copy of GTA5 to the local game store, and if the pizza faced storeowner refuses refunds, then I shall bang his zit infested forehead against the cash register untill such time as he sees reason.

See if I don't.

So, shame on Rockstar! In San Andreas, the hero of the game was very much against drugs. But it seems Rockstar has sold out. Sold their soul for big bucks and hedonistic pleasures. The scumm.

LochFyneMonster
  • LochFyneMonster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:24 AM Edited by LochFyneMonster, 16 October 2013 - 09:26 AM.

My biggest issue is that the main characters keep doing drugs, and me, the gamer, cannot stop them doing this.

Now, I think that all drug users are degenerate losers, especially those who say they do drugs just for recreational purposes.

-so, it really disgusts me that Rockstar forces the player to stoop to the level of these degenerates as we are forced to participate in the drug abuse of the main characters.

WEll, no more! I have always said no to drugs. And so, I will say no to GTA5 as well.

Yes! Today I shall return my copy of GTA5 to the local game store, and if the pizza faced storeowner refuses refunds, then I shall bang his zit infested forehead against the cash register untill such time as he sees reason.

See if I don't.

So, shame on Rockstar! In San Andreas, the hero of the game was very much against drugs. But it seems Rockstar has sold out. Sold their soul for big bucks and hedonistic pleasures. The scumm.

Did you say yes to murder in San Andreas?

P.s Thank you Deffpony for at least trying to do something about all the muppets.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

See if I don't.

So you don't agree with all that, yet you don't mind going around aimlessly killing innocents?

It's just a game man. Grand Theft Auto has never been morally right, so to expect it to be that is a bit thoughtless really.

TheWonderMutt
  • TheWonderMutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Online is just garbage. Seriously garbage. Rockstar doesn't know how to make online games and I'm not even talking about the glitches and bugs -that could all be forgiven if fixed. But the gameplay features are just horrendous... Where to begin...

ATM's

-A really cool feature made useless by a phone feature that allows you to deposit money anywhere and anytime. Why even bother with a bank anyway, not like you're going to get to keep the money (more on that later).

-Depositing money could have been an exciting adventure, instead they decided to pander to lazy asses and cry baby carebears.

Medical Bills

-So much for having fun and screwing around with your buddies or people you meet online. You are penalized for dying. Want to jump off a building to try and land on your buddies car to scare the sh*t out of him? Want to start a little street war with that 12 year old who keeps sh*t talking everyone? Lots of luck to you then, you're going to be f*cking broke.

-Oh yeah, and they take away your ammo when you die too. Not bad enough they had their dirty little dick beater fingers in my bank when I die, now they are taking money out of my gun. Not bad enough you get spawned 100 ft away from the last person to kill you, now you might be out of ammo and resorting to your pistol when they come at you for seconds. Wonderful...

Bad Sport

-So now you're penalized for getting kicked from their unstable servers AND you get penalized for blowing up other people's cars? WTF. So much for interesting fight tactics and strategy. You don't like having your car blown up? GET OUT OF FREEMODE YOU f*ckING PUSSY!! Do they they even realize yet that blowing up your own car and getting a new one with insurance is actually cheaper than repairing it? This feature alone is ruining online.

Fighter Jets in Online

-Great, now battlefield pilot junkies can just roam the skies dropping death on people with impunity. This is gta, save the fighter jets for single player, online should be about stealing cars and killing people. Not hiding in the sky because you suck on foot.

I could go on and on and on about the things they did wrong that are ruining this game, but why bother, online f*cking sucks and their too stupid to realize why and are probably not going to fix it... And I say that because the implemented these dumb features to begin with, which means they don't know what they are doing or how to make a fun gta online.

This game could have really been something special, but its just an annoyance. 45% fun 55% asking yourself "Why the f*ck did they do that?"

GARBAGE.

• saintsrow likes this

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

What the heck??? Why cannot Michael beat his wife?!?!?

I mean wife beating is a Fine American Tradition.

According to statistics, more than 56% of american housewifes have been beaten by their men at least once.

So, in a game that allows shooting of innocents, and drunk driving, two Great American Traditions, why does it not contain wife beating, the Finest of all American Traditions?!?

And while we are talking about tradition, why cannot Michael have sex with his daughter?

-for again, according to statistics, more than 27% of american women have been sexuallty abused by a close relative (dad/uncle/brother).

So, having a go at your own daughter is clearly another Fine American Tradition, so it is strange that it is not included in the game.

Fror shame! Does Rockstar not like these Fine American Traditions??? Are they Anti-American? Should I call NSA on them??? What?!? Huh?!? Eh?!?

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

What the heck??? Why cannot Michael beat his wife?!?!?

I mean wife beating is a Fine American Tradition.

According to statistics, more than 56% of american housewifes have been beaten by their men at least once.

So, in a game that allows shooting of innocents, and drunk driving, two Great American Traditions, why does it not contain wife beating, the Finest of all American Traditions?!?

And while we are talking about tradition, why cannot Michael have sex with his daughter?

-for again, according to statistics, more than 27% of american women have been sexuallty abused by a close relative (dad/uncle/brother).

So, having a go at your own daughter is clearly another Fine American Tradition, so it is strange that it is not included in the game.

Fror shame! Does Rockstar not like these Fine American Traditions??? Are they Anti-American? Should I call NSA on them??? What?!? Huh?!? Eh?!?

I'm sorry, I think you meant that these are fine Taliban traditions.  And don't worry about calling the NSA on them - the NSA is already on the scene; drones to follow.  :colgate:

PS: I know I replied to a sarcastic pointless post; I just wanted to make my snarky reply. 

GeckoWacko
  • GeckoWacko

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

SP felt empty in some places and the MP is just horrible. The amount of bugs my god.

XX Jaycam XX
  • XX Jaycam XX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

I'm not happy about the damn stupid Bad Sport Punishment, I thought it could have been a good thing to help keep the game from becoming one big free for all cluster f*ck but now I'm p*ssed off. My Crew which also happen to be my 20+yr old sons are now being punished & are in the dunce server because they came to my aid when I was getting ganged up on & killed all the time, they defended me (they always do) by killing the offending players/crews & also destroyed at least one of their vehicles in doing so. Now my crew has been punished for defending ourselves. Shame on you ROCKSTAR for making it so unfair.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

Okay, jokes aside, there really is only one thing I dislike about the new GTA which is:

GTA5 is a very, very childish game.

I mean full half of the missions are just over-the-top silly, and childish.

-the kind of stuff that would excite 12 years old kid, but which will make us adult gamers gringe with embarrassment as we play through them.

Add to this the rather cartoony graphichs, and the fact that the silly rampage missions are back.

So, childish game. Which is very odd as the game cannot be sold to minors...

Hey, I know what youre gonna say. Your gonna say:

'Dude, there's drugs, sex and violence in GTA5, so it, like, has to be mature and adult game!'

Not so. Drugs, sex and violence do not make an adult game. Quite the contrary: For only a kid, or very infantile adult, could get excited about such content in a videogame.

-and note also that the first GTA did contain such mature content aplenty, and yet it was still very childish and silly game. Just like GTA5 is!

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

Lot of complaints towards 10/10 game.
Most are covered by the players above though I will take an opportunity too.
Only complaint would be absence of lot of fun activities from past GTA and no good replacements either.

jmack3d
  • jmack3d

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

I'm not one for censorship but honestly no one under the age of 17 should play this game. Honestly...

I'm a military recruiter and I'm in high schools a lot to recruit. Almost every time I'm in a school there is some large group of sophmores and freshman talking about GTA. Talking about going to the strip club and seeing tit$ and killing other players online just because its fun to them. We all see these little fuc*ers online with their high pitch voices and overall annoyance. Parents should really look into what this game has and what their kids are saying over the mic. If they knew they probably wouldn't have bought the game for their son/daughter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users