Photo

Good Grief: All Your Concerns and Dismay

49 replies to this topic
Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

There have been ALOT of threads about the issues people are having with the game, either technically, or just through personal preference.

There is nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, even if its an unpopular one, but it can be overwhelming when there are 6 threads all discussing the same problem.

So lets keep all that sort of discussion in here. Im aware that there are a few aspects that are big enough to merit their own threads like driving physics, and police AI, but anything along the lines of "fingerless gloves" or what have you will be referred to this thread.

Please, please, please be respectful to each other's opinions. Dont come to this thread giving people sh*t for whining when the purpose of this topic is to illustrate your problems with the game. Just avoid this thread if you cant handle this sort of thing.

Thanks alot guys

resevil2008
  • resevil2008

Guitar Shred

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

I'm worried about GTA Online getting filled with little crying kids who scream at the microphone with their high pitched creepy voices, insulting everyone who kills them and eventually screwing up peoples' experience.

• mariana_dm1989 likes this

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

I have said this before, but it shouldnt be as big a problem as you would think.

The way you will be matched with people in GTAO is they will stick you with people in your friendlist, or your crew, and then after that you will be matched with people around the same level as you.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:21 AM Edited by Thisnamehasnotbeentaken, 29 September 2013 - 01:22 AM.

I'm worried about GTA Online getting filled with little crying kids who scream at the microphone with their high pitched creepy voices, insulting everyone who kills them and eventually screwing up peoples' experience.

It's been like that with every online game since the beginning of time, and always will be im afraid. The community is the reason why I hate online gaming.

• Franklin7 likes this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

There is a patch wish list thread already. And if this thread is to just complain, then this thread is stupid and should be deleted/locked

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

There is a patch wish list thread already. And if this thread is to just complain, then this thread is stupid and should be deleted/locked

1. I know there is a patch request thread... I made it

2. Why would I (as a forum leader) make a thread and then lock it

3. This thread is to localize the complaints regarding GTA V. So now everytime there is a thread complaining about GTA V, that thread can be locked, the OP can be referred to this thread, and they cannot claim that they werent aloud to speak their opinion. They are just being directed to the location designated for such opinions

• FirstLadyofGTA and Blizzards like this

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:41 AM Edited by Jameson312, 29 September 2013 - 01:46 AM.

I can't crouch, silencers don't work, the police teleport, the stun gun just kills people, peds run off with a bullet in their leg like nothing happened or they bleed out within 5 secs and die, there are no vigilante / fire / paramedic missions, the lspd have an infinite amount of helicopters in the sky (aka they respawn the f*ck too fast), you get a wanted level for standing next to someone, you get shot dead for running from the cops, the heist missions were oversold, it's gta v and i'm still just a f*ckboy working for dirty cops / feds, the crash physics are random as f*ck, you can't wear scuba gear, the parachute color is random no matter which one you equip, you can't hold a weapon in the strip club, there are practically no enterable buildings to have a shootout.......i can't keep bitching.....there's more....but....f*ck it

• TiddleyWinker, Crumplet, FirstLadyofGTA and 2 others like this

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

I can't crouch, silencers don't work, the police teleport, the stun gun just kills people, peds run off with a bullet in their leg like nothing happened or they bleed out within 5 secs and die, there are no vigilante / fire / paramedic missions, the lspd have an infinite amount of helicopters in the sky (aka they respawn the f*ck too fast), you get a wanted level for standing next to someone, you get shot dead for running from the cops, the heist missions were oversold, it's gta v and i'm still just a f*ckboy working for dirty cops / feds, the crash physics are random as f*ck, you can't wear scuba gear, the parachute color is random no matter which one you equip, you can't hold a weapon in the strip club, there are practically no enterable buildings to have a shootout.......i can't keep bitching.....there's more....but....f*ck it

I like your style

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

This game has some pretty annoying problems with vehicles. Elegy not spawning in any of my garages even when there's room for it. And yeah I got the social club account linked to my gamertag and everything. I dunno what the deal is with that, I even emailed R* and none of their recommendations helped. The Barracks and jeep don't show up anywhere after I ordered them, even though they texted me saying they had been delivered.

Cops seem to suffer from roid rage too, but that's been covered already.

ladx
  • ladx

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

Patch for taxi cinematic camera and bus passenger ride. Its easy stuff to patch, please rockstar, listen to us.

resevil2008
  • resevil2008

Guitar Shred

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

The Barracks and jeep don't show up anywhere after I ordered them, even though they texted me saying they had been delivered.

Military stuff delievers to your hangar. Not to your garage.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

From the very first heist in the game, you can buy anything apart from some of the more expensive vehicles. You should never have any trouble when it comes to buying clothes or haircuts or even the weapons (which are ridiculously cheap when you consider that you can't ever even lose them). (If we assume that the garages work) The only thing that you have to aspire to buy throughout the game after that are the expensive jets or boats and premium cars which you can't spot throughout the game easily. After the first heist, all the heists in the game are nothing-rewards. Either you literally get nothing, or what you get is so minimal that it doesn't really matter that much.

That is - until the last heist, where you get all the money you could possibly want which is such a change in direction from the 'you build up the amounts of money gradually' kind of attitude that we thought they'd have in place. Unfortunately, after the last heist, there aren't really any big missions. All the jets and expensive cars that you can afford are great, but there is no clear objective to use them to get to, I can't end up feeling any connection to the cars or other vehicles because there's nothing in particular to drive TO any more. I just feel like even though they had such an emphasis on money in this game, they handled it really poorly. What's the point of using that money to invest into stocks and properties with no real depth if the only reward is more money to buy more stocks and properties with no real depth?

• LochFyneMonster likes this

*Clutch*
  • *Clutch*

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

Today I bought all the buisnesses and I was surprised that there is no interiors for them. Before I thought that I have to buy those to get in but no.  That is the only thing what made me say sh*t about this game.

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

The fact that it misses too many features from previous games especially San Andreas. Sure they added new things but also ditched a sh*t load of older things. I can make a huge list of complaints but there is no point into that

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

I'm not too worried about this because they can be avoided and so on but I am VERY concerned that these kids are going to be the voice heard by R* concerning what changes to make to the game...as R* said, they will shape the game depending on how its played. :( I don't want any if these kids in any way having a say about how GTA should be.

Rickin10
  • Rickin10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

My gripes:  1 Pitiful amount of interiors, esp. your businesses

2 No purchasable safehouses in SP inferred in the trailer

3 Stealth doesn't work consistently

4 Can't switch shoulders in combat

5 Yoga, Golf, tennis and underwater all in, whilst vigilante missions, gang hideouts/wars, kidnapping out.

6 Disappearing cars

7 Overly sensitive police with perfect aim, and infinitely spawning helicopters.

8.Atrocious vehicular shooting

Apart from these the game is amazing.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

Man if the cargobob is gonna be able to be used in Online god help us all, the hook i mean..

resevil2008
  • resevil2008

Guitar Shred

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

I'm not too worried about this because they can be avoided and so on but I am VERY concerned that these kids are going to be the voice heard by R* concerning what changes to make to the game...as R* said, they will shape the game depending on how its played. :( I don't want any if these kids in any way having a say about how GTA should be.

Yep. You're right. But still GTA Online with little kids is a big immersion breaker.

Franklin7
  • Franklin7

A big Franklin fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Gta online will be a hit !! IN MY opinion . I don't have the game but it looks fab . Will get the game soon  :cool: . Im happy that rockstar made a good game . The only negative side is the exclusion of gyms.  . Also i am happy franklin has alot of hairstyles 

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I'm at a weird stance in GTA V, I love every second I play it, but it just feels like there should be more, it sort of feels like a demo.

• saintsrow likes this

I SHADOWFOX I
  • I SHADOWFOX I

Makin' Bacon Pancakes

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

This game has some pretty annoying problems with vehicles. Elegy not spawning in any of my garages even when there's room for it. And yeah I got the social club account linked to my gamertag and everything. I dunno what the deal is with that, I even emailed R* and none of their recommendations helped. The Barracks and jeep don't show up anywhere after I ordered them, even though they texted me saying they had been delivered.

The elegy is in the garage and under special vehicles I think is what it's called

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

There have been ALOT of threads about the issues people are having with the game, either technically, or just through personal preference.

There is nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, even if its an unpopular one, but it can be overwhelming when there are 6 threads all discussing the same problem.

So lets keep all that sort of discussion in here. Im aware that there are a few aspects that are big enough to merit their own threads like driving physics, and police AI, but anything along the lines of "fingerless gloves" or what have you will be referred to this thread.

Please, please, please be respectful to each other's opinions. Dont come to this thread giving people sh*t for whining when the purpose of this topic is to illustrate your problems with the game. Just avoid this thread if you cant handle this sort of thing.

Thanks alot guys

Great topic, I have not play V yet, still enjoying 4, but many of the complainer seem they dont want to take the time to actually learn how to play it and cry because they lose ie Busted or Wasted. This game cant be as bad as the whiners are saying...or is it?

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:11 PM Edited by saintsrow, 29 September 2013 - 07:11 PM.

I'm at a weird stance in GTA V, I love every second I play it, but it just feels like there should be more, it sort of feels like a demo.

:^: This.  GTAV feels like it is at the point where the fanbase thought it was back when they announced the 8-month delay. 

While it is clear that lots and lots of work went into GTAV in every area, and the visual design of the virtual world is superb, GTAV functionality still feels like it is at a review stage.  What were they thinking?  Did they just feel pressure to symbolically get the game out the door at any cost before the next gen consoles showed up? 

5 years.  As Zee said many times, it seems like perhaps too much whiskey was consumed in the making of this game. 

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by Killjoy2022, 29 September 2013 - 07:52 PM.

:^: This.  GTAV feels like it is at the point where the fanbase thought it was back when they announced the 8-month delay. 

While it is clear that lots and lots of work went into GTAV in every area, and the visual design of the virtual world is superb, GTAV functionality still feels like it is at a review stage.  What were they thinking?  Did they just feel pressure to symbolically get the game out the door at any cost before the next gen consoles showed up? 

5 years.  As Zee said many times, it seems like perhaps too much whiskey was consumed in the making of this game. 

I'm glad someone agrees with me, I can't stress it enough that it's not a bad game, but it's just that naggling feeling in the back of my head that's whispering "doesn't it seem like they missed a meeting somewhere and left all this stuff out?" like the map is amazing, and the detail is just astonishing, but Blaine County in particular feels really undernourished.

WiZe420
  • WiZe420

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

You can't aim before firing while in a vehicle. (They could have easily fixed this by changing the right bumper for aiming) Idiot devs.

-Gun sounds are not perfect, some sound cheap and when you single fire you sometimes get the sound of auto fire if you hold the shoot button in too long.

-Driving could be a bit more heavier other than that it's good.

-Vehicle damage is great in detail except for how much they take before getting dents and such. Should have given us an option here between arcade and realistic.

-Wobbly helicopter flying is stupid and annoying when flying straight, chopper don't behave like that.

-Deadzone is too big, they should have given us a option. Lazy.

-No sensitive walking, dunno why since they use euphoria and it would have worked perfectly.

-Framerate dips can give input lag making it hard to aim.

-Cops when they crash into your from behind make you lose control like its scripted.

-Game feels empty after finishing all the missions.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

The Barracks and jeep don't show up anywhere after I ordered them, even though they texted me saying they had been delivered.

Military stuff delievers to your hangar. Not to your garage.

The only thing in my hangar is my tank. When I hit Right on the d pad to switch vehicles, it only lists the tank. And it won't let me order a new Baracks and jeep since it thinks I already have them.

The elegy is in the garage and under special vehicles I think is what it's called

I seen in videos people going in their garage and getting an option to select special vehicles, it doesn't give me that though. I tried hitting Right on the d pad anyway and still no dice.

I guess I can do without it though. I'd probably just drive it for 5 minutes and then ditch it like I do most cars anyway.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

Hate to say it Deff, but I do not think people really take notice of these threads, they always seem to just pass them up and post a new topic, must be frustrating for you.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Yea it is, but I will do my best to keep everything organized

WiZe420
  • WiZe420

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

It's easier to get noticed when you just post a random topic, that's why everyone does it!

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

but it can be overwhelming when there are 6 threads all discussing the same problem.

Yeah, especially when they're all by the same person.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users