Photo

Coming Soon - A Potential GTAForums Insider Trading Hub

210 replies to this topic
Avionyx
  • Avionyx

Make mine a Pi▀wasser

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

If it turns out we can't manipulate the market with offline buying and selling, will this project keep going? I mean we could set up some schedule of what properties we're going to destroy each week or whatever, right?

ML, 

I certainly think it'll keep going, yes. 

One of the roles of the group is to provide analysis of just how the markets can be influenced. It's been said by R* that the BAWSAQ will be influenced by players actions across the GTA Online world and so there must be some method to this.

If we can use our group to learn what's behind this then I really think we can provide a useful set of data for people to come to their own conclusions with, as well as being able to put out our own tips and mass plans for those who wish to participate.  

Monkeyy
  • Monkeyy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

Might be best to have topics in potential new section be of smaller scale

ie. Current Hot Stock Thread

General Market Discussion thread

If we need any more than that we should take it from there. Baby steps boys, baby steps.

noddington
  • noddington

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

Hey guys, long time follower, first time poster here. I saw the original post in the pisswater thread so decided to help and invest some of my own money as well. Been accepted as part of the social club crew too so just wanted to say thanks and that i'm well excited to see what'll happen when this all kicks off! More than happy to help out whenever and wherever needed, looking forward to us all rolling the big dollars when Online starts!

Lukas Japonicus
  • Lukas Japonicus

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

So what should i be investing in now, ready for GTA O? (bawsaq PS3 btw)

Nothing at the moment. Once this project is set up, it'll be clear which companies are good to invest in and which aren't. If you check out my original post (if you haven't already), then you'll see the plan for this project. All will become clear quite soon. :)

So is this the thread that i should be keeping an eye on? If not, could you link me to it please.

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:10 PM Edited by Causton97, 30 September 2013 - 04:10 PM.

So what should i be investing in now, ready for GTA O? (bawsaq PS3 btw)

Nothing at the moment. Once this project is set up, it'll be clear which companies are good to invest in and which aren't. If you check out my original post (if you haven't already), then you'll see the plan for this project. All will become clear quite soon. :)

So is this the thread that i should be keeping an eye on? If not, could you link me to it please.

For now, this is the thread you should be keeping an eye on. It's a planning thread for a much greater project. Said project involves analyzing the stock market to find out how it works and any opportunities to make a profit, which I assume is what you're interested in!  :)

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Might be best to have topics in potential new section be of smaller scale

ie. Current Hot Stock Thread

General Market Discussion thread

If we need any more than that we should take it from there. Baby steps boys, baby steps.

Mabye initially that's all we'll have, but what you see in the OP is the real ambition for the project. :)

Lukas Japonicus
  • Lukas Japonicus

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:18 PM Edited by Lukas Japonicus, 30 September 2013 - 04:18 PM.

So what platform is this stock manipulation going to be used for, PS3 or 360?

MotherLover
  • MotherLover

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

So what platform is this stock manipulation going to be used for, PS3 or 360?

Both

Lukas Japonicus
  • Lukas Japonicus

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

Stocks are around $706 for ammu nation on PS3.....think they will drop any more today? I hope not because ive already invested at that price.

Monkeyy
  • Monkeyy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Mabye initially that's all we'll have, but what you see in the OP is the real ambition for the project. :)

Yes! Build up to big things.

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Stocks are around $706 for ammu nation on PS3.....think they will drop any more today? I hope not because ive already invested at that price.

Considering nobody is really analyzing it just yet, we don't know. If it's been dropping consistently over the past few days, then I'd assume it will continue to do so.

StocksAndBombs
  • StocksAndBombs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:24 PM Edited by StocksAndBombs, 30 September 2013 - 05:28 PM.

I beg to differ. 

Outside of HAL, PIS and AMU, no other stock has moved more than around 2% at one time. The growth of HAL and PIS was started by an initial shock to the market by buying campaigns. This gave them uncharacteristic gains getting them noticed by the average player. If it weren't for the anomaly of AMU on 360, it would be reasonable to say these stocks are rising naturally as people buy the cheapest stock (or the ones with the biggest gains). At 10:45 GMT 9/27 on 360 PIS and HAL gained 30% and 40% (the highest single gains I've seen) while AMU dropped almost 30%. I don't see any other way to explain this other than that people selling AMU (one of the most popular "safe bet" stocks) while buying into HAL or PIS. Larger gains outside of this have been averaged 5-10%. If this were due to gameplay or "rival" stock movement, AMU would have dropped on PS3 as well.

I've been watching trends in single movements using this http://0x2620.org/bawsaq/bawsaq.html since Friday. AMU (on 360) and HAL are both viable candidates for a spike if PIS tanks.

StocksAndBombs
  • StocksAndBombs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:51 PM Edited by StocksAndBombs, 30 September 2013 - 06:16 PM.

Deleted as movements were due to a glitch in the API using PS3 data for the 360.

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

Causton, my friend, have you received my add request for the crew?

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Causton, my friend, have you received my add request for the crew?

What's your social club username? I've invited everyone that requested an invite. It's up to you to accept! :)

joshy599
  • joshy599

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

hi can you send me an invite username joshy599 gamertag on the 360 is teh black mamba.

cheers.

kray-zie
  • kray-zie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

Hey mate..i requested an invite.

SC ID is Krayzie88.

Cheers

rere1love
  • rere1love

GTA DIVA

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

Please add Social Club ID EYRIE-FEEL

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

It was my fault, I was being a dummy, but I accepted;)

I could use some backup on the Pisswasser thread. People waited days for a continued rise in Pisswasser, 5 hours later, they aren't noticing a drop and everyone is just reinvesting. 

We need to stay the course and sell. FAR too many people sold their shares, didn't notice an immediately change, and have actually reinvested.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

Just as in real life stock markets, there is a lot of Bernie Madoff's running around. It'll be interesting to watch for behavioral study of greed. There needs to be an option to jump out the window if you're caught insider trading.

• SteaVor likes this

Monkeyy
  • Monkeyy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Invited everyone that has requested up to this point. We should break 100 members any moment!

joshy599
  • joshy599

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

think i was 99 :)

need to get my brother in too.

joshy599
  • joshy599

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

my brother wants in too very active            harrygtabox   

thanks

NiwatiX
  • NiwatiX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hey buddy I requested an invite, nice project  :lol:

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:50 PM Edited by Causton97, 02 October 2013 - 02:54 PM.

If Monkeyy or one of the other higher-up members of the crew hasn't already invited everyone who sent a request, then I'll be sending them out now. Keep an eye out! 

Also, I was discussing manipulating the market with one of my friends. He showed me something very interesting. I'm no expert on this, but it seems Rockstar have used algorithms to code for singleplayer changes in the stock-market. This would suggest that stock prices are random, but pre-determined. It would also suggest that we can't manipulate the market in multiplayer as we thought, due to the fact that it is unlikely that the algorithms used would change for GTA Online.

Despite this, I think this project is still worthwile as we can analyse trends and perform another experiment to see if our online investments cause prices in the market to change. This is worth trying IMO as we'll have some real, definitive evidence for GTA Online.

We've already proved that it doesn't work in singleplayer, so lets see if things are the same in multiplayer... who's with me? 

We're going against the odds, but even if we're wrong and we don't have an impact, we'll at least have clariefied something about how the market works, which is the aim of this thread.

Here's the link to what he showed me when he was talking about algorithms - http://uk.ign.com/wi...-5/Stock_Market

fabe
  • fabe

fabe

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

Hey guys!

In order to sum up the sell-offs, I made a website to make it easier for everyone to know what to invest in. It's just a prototype right now, but I think it could come in handy for all of us. Let me know what you guys think of it: http://bawsaq.co

Oh, and the stock data is updated real-time btw.

joshy599
  • joshy599

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

hi causton my brother never got an invite i checked his social for him his social id is harrygtabox.

thanks

btw i jumped on the piswasser yesterday made a few million allready keeping an eye on it, maybe its taking its time to catch up with the dump?

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hello again everyone! Just a quick update from me... I've been busy catching up on work and checking out GTA Online, as I'm sure the rest of you have/haven't depending on the issues you're experiencing! :p

Anyway, I'm looking to try and sort out the templates this weekend! No promises though! After that, I'll consult a few more people about a few things that need to be cleared up before I send off the templates (or use them myself as I'm not entirely sure who will be making the threads).

Anyone who has applied to join the crew, I'll make sure is added ASAP. It's up to you to accept the invitation though.

Oh and joshy599 - he has been invited, he needs to accept. I'll make sure to check up on the Pisswasser thread when I'm less busy. As I understand it, the price is still rising. I had my backup save ready for this eventuality, so I'm sorted! :)

TJ_57
  • TJ_57

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

So, is this still happening? I haven't been able to log in to the Social Club for a few days so apologies if you are currently discussing this over there.

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

First of all, really sorry guys. This is still happening. I took a hiatus from these forums for a while and I'm currently quite bogged down by my studies. I'll do my very best to have some sort of template posted up this weekend for you to take a look at, but again, I can't promise anything. Once I've posted it, I'll leave it to you guys to help me fine-tune it. Then I'll send it off to one of the mods and I'll see if anything more can be done regarding a potential sub-forum. 

On the plus side, while Bawsaq is unavailable on GTA Online, we are ideally placed to get this project up and running. I'll need everyone to help me out though. So please contribute if you feel you have something of value to add. I really want to get this thing going! Personal commitments are making it more difficult than I originally thought though.

Once this project is up and running, I think I'll be able to find more time to maintain it as I won't have to be organizing everything by myself (that's what it feels like at the moment). Please guys, if you can help out, just post in here. I'd really appreciate it! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users