Photo

Coming Soon - A Potential GTAForums Insider Trading Hub

210 replies to this topic
Avionyx
  • Avionyx

Make mine a Pi▀wasser

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

I think R* would appreciate that group leaders/moderators/etc have no influence over what the group actually does, which is why I don't see them being bothered about what goes on here. 

As Causton has said many times, one of the primary interests of the group would be to lead research on the BAWSAQ market's mechanics and how interaction with the GTA Online environment can impact it. 

Yes planned group buys and sales of shares are "exploiting" information, but none of it is really against the ethics of the game is it? 

Even if the groups only long term purpose serves purely to spearhead such research, finding out what companies are linked and just how in game actions can change stock prices, then I think it will be seen as a positive by all. 

What people do with the information isn't up to any group, that's down to the individual. 

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:15 PM Edited by Causton97, 29 September 2013 - 03:15 PM.

I think we should be sure how the money difference is on sp and online before set a solid amount of how much we can spend. I am also a bit sad that if we join in that we can only put in 50K. I wanted to do this to become rich in-game and not just to do it to say " We control the markets but get almost nothing out of it ". 50k will only bring in chump change and I am dreaming big. I understand that we need to be fair but under these circumstances I think we would all be better off playing it as individuals. Let's just wait for online and see how much the difference is with cars and guns and stuff before we make a specific amount concrete. Also, if you are getting worried that R* will act upon this then I am considering not being a part of it. I'm sure that they take an occasional look at these forums and if they see this and don't like it, then we are all screwed.  

Look, people who are looking to make money off this are going to support you to the ends of the earth if it means you keep this organized effort going. Furthermore, most of you are going to validate your actions with statements which every exploiter to ever live has said, lol. As someone mentioned earlier, every game with some sort of economy end up getting exploited heavily in the beginning, and it almost always starts with "good intentions" like these. 

As for no need to protect the player from earning too much money, lol. If you create a situation which allows easy, risk free access to money it will catch on like wildfire and don't you think that will effect the amount of people who pay real money for GTA$. Although R* has stated there wont be a pay wall, I'm sure they wont allow a situation where nobody had a need or desire to spend a few bucks here and there for GTA$.

I've removed the restriction. You guys are right. It isn't up to me and to be fair, I'd only be delaying the inevitable. With social media and the internet in this modern age, there is no real way to control things like this unless it is set up privately and with people who can be trusted. Good luck in making yourself rich everyone. :)

Monkeyy
  • Monkeyy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

BUT WHAT DO WE CALL OURSELVES?

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:22 PM Edited by Causton97, 29 September 2013 - 03:25 PM.

BUT WHAT DO WE CALL OURSELVES?

We are, as the crew name suggests, GTAForums' Inside Traders

(Or we could be Trotter's Independent Traders - if you're from the UK you'll understand that reference to a particular sitcom!) :p

• Avionyx likes this

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Well, I'm relieved to hear that. As it stands I am still in, but If I hear that R*  are starting to crack down on people you guys don't know me.  :whistle: Anyway I should probably join the crew then. Anyway happy spending and making.

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:27 PM Edited by Causton97, 29 September 2013 - 03:27 PM.

Well, I'm relieved to hear that. As it stands I am still in, but If I hear that R*  are starting to crack down on people you guys don't know me.  :whistle: Anyway I should probably join the crew then. Anyway happy spending and making.

Yeah, that's why I've put the disclaimer in. If they do crack down on people, you'd be wise to dump the money and run! :p

I've tried to protect myself and everyone who is using this project legitimately. If you look at the OP now, you'll see it has been updated again. I think that should be enough to cover our backs if Rockstar do come knocking. I doubt they will though.

Avionyx
  • Avionyx

Make mine a Pi▀wasser

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

(Or we could be Trotter's Independent Traders - if you're from the UK you'll understand that reference to a particular sitcom!) :p

"This time next year Rodney we'll be.............." 

Oh...hangon!  :evilgrin:

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

"This time next year Rodney we'll be.............." 

Oh...hangon!  :evilgrin:

Haha! Someone gets it! ;)

Let me rephrase that - "Rodney, this time next year, we'll be BILLIONAIRES!" :D

Avionyx
  • Avionyx

Make mine a Pi▀wasser

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

I'll get the Reliant started!

Just as soon as I've finished watching these shares go crazy.

Monkeyy
  • Monkeyy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

I still feel the name could use work, not badass enough for my taste!

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:36 PM Edited by Causton97, 29 September 2013 - 03:38 PM.

I'm afraid it's here to stay. It's professional, it represents this forum and it shows that we mean business. It might sound a bit 'corporate', but that's the intention really. I'm more than happy to include a badass motto if you can think of one though. I've had suggestions from blakeney about some cool latin ones that relate to our criminal moneymaking intentions! :p

mikekolesar
  • mikekolesar

I LIKE KUMQUATS W/O THE QUATS

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:39 PM Edited by mikekolesar, 29 September 2013 - 03:40 PM.

Lol I can't wait till IGN does something like this and blows us all out of the water

I'm afraid it's here to stay. It's professional, it represents this forum and it shows that we mean business. It might sound a bit 'corporate', but that's the intention really. I'm more than happy to include a badass motto if you can think of one though. I've had suggestions from blakeney about some cool latin ones that relate to our criminal moneymaking intentions!  :p

Lol dude it's a game. It doesn't sound 'corporate' and it's not professional. Once again, it's a game.

cjkuhlenbeck
  • cjkuhlenbeck

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Sorry Causton97, I searched google but im kinda sleepy, and I couldn't find the official release of the rockstar comment about stock market manipulations. 

But it might be important to take note that its already been uncovered that RS plans to possibly sell the fake GTA:O money for real money, which means they are inclined to prevent players from finding easy ways to get it for free.

Like I said, I HIGHLY DOUBT they will BAN anyone. It's overreaction at best. But its highly possible they may "zero" out the stock, or put a price wall up. I'd bet on the market crash, just because it makes the most sense to me. 

I'm worried that many of you may carry this onto online, and continue with this endeavor where there is no save points. If your GTA:O char loses money, its gone. Please remember that. I'd hate to see many walk away from this game because of a failed attempt at an exploit.

More players online is more fun for everyone. 

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

Lol I can't wait till IGN does something like this and blows us all out of the water

Oh they can try! They'll never take the title from us though. We are and always will be the first ever organized stock market manipulation group on any Grand Theft Auto game. Unless of course anyone can find anything that is as comprehensive as this and was created before it. :p

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Alright, I sent in my request to join the crew now. If you need me to confirm which account is mine for any reason send me a PM here on the forums. 

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Sorry Causton97, I searched google but im kinda sleepy, and I couldn't find the official release of the rockstar comment about stock market manipulations. 

But it might be important to take note that its already been uncovered that RS plans to possibly sell the fake GTA:O money for real money, which means they are inclined to prevent players from finding easy ways to get it for free.

Like I said, I HIGHLY DOUBT they will BAN anyone. It's overreaction at best. But its highly possible they may "zero" out the stock, or put a price wall up. I'd bet on the market crash, just because it makes the most sense to me. 

I'm worried that many of you may carry this onto online, and continue with this endeavor where there is no save points. If your GTA:O char loses money, its gone. Please remember that. I'd hate to see many walk away from this game because of a failed attempt at an exploit.

More players online is more fun for everyone. 

That's the risk we're running by doing this. I've accepted it. So has everyone else who wants to join. I'll update the OP to reflect this for anyone who is yet to join though.

Btw, I don't know if you've seen this, but Rockstar posted some more details about GTA Online, confirming the GTA$ cash cards that can be purchased from Playstation Store and the Xbox Live Marketplace. http://www.rockstarg...uto-online.html

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:45 PM Edited by Causton97, 29 September 2013 - 03:53 PM.

By the way everyone, I won't be able to start adding people until the crew leader (FXtrader) comes back online and promotes me, so I'm afraid you'll be waiting for a little while yet. :/

I've sent him numerous private messages about it though, so I'm sure he'll notice! :p

The OP has also been updated to reflect a new member joining the management team (more will be needed, so if you can commit and will help maintain things, then let me know via private message) 

Kalikid707
  • Kalikid707

LTBH

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

I'm afraid it's here to stay. It's professional, it represents this forum and it shows that we mean business. It might sound a bit 'corporate', but that's the intention really. I'm more than happy to include a badass motto if you can think of one though. I've had suggestions from blakeney about some cool latin ones that relate to our criminal moneymaking intentions! :p

It should be something to do with Martha Stewart. She is the ultimate badass of the market!

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

I've just been sent this by igrvks! He's designed a crew emblem that we could potentially use. I think it looks pretty cool! Let me know what you think! :)

http://aijaa.com/uMXYCg

• Avionyx likes this

Avionyx
  • Avionyx

Make mine a Pi▀wasser

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

I've just been sent this by igrvks! He's designed a crew emblem that we could potentially use. I think it looks pretty cool! Let me know what you think! :)

Looks bad ass. I like it. 

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

I'm thinking to improve it, perhaps there the letters 'GTAF' could be added to represent these forums? After all, that's why the crew was made - to represent us in-game! :)

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Thumbs up :^:  for igrvks's emblem. Looks great.

igrvks
  • igrvks

Proto Hipster

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

I'm thinking to improve it, perhaps there the letters 'GTAF' could be added to represent these forums? After all, that's why the crew was made - to represent us in-game! :)

I was going to do it, but turns out making letters in the emblem creator is the biggest pain in the ass ever. You have to construct each individual letter from pieces and the result was so ugly I chose to go without it.

Monkeyy
  • Monkeyy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

That looks cool, might have to give the editor a crack myself.

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:24 PM Edited by Causton97, 29 September 2013 - 05:25 PM.

I was going to do it, but turns out making letters in the emblem creator is the biggest pain in the ass ever. You have to construct each individual letter from pieces and the result was so ugly I chose to go without it.

That's fine. We'll consider your emblem. Once I've been made a Commissioner, I can add you to the crew (make sure you've requested an invite) and you can submit your design so that we can use it. After that, I'll have to demote you though. Only members of the management team can be in administrative positions I'm afraid... and there's only 3 spots as commissioner... 2 of which have already been reserved by me and blakeney.   

igrvks
  • igrvks

Proto Hipster

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

That's fine. We'll consider your emblem. Once I've been made a Commissioner, I can add you to the crew (make sure you've requested an invite) and you can submit your design so that we can use it. After that, I'll have to demote you though. Only members of the management team can be in administrative positions I'm afraid... and there's only 3 spots as commissioner... 2 of which have already been reserved by me and blakeney.   

I don't care, I'm in for the money AND the nice Illuminati feels that come with the nature of the group.

• SteaVor and Iwilein like this

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

I don't care, I'm in for the money AND the nice Illuminati feels that come with the nature of the group.

This is more for research, but yes, there are profits to be made. I wouldn't compare us to the Illuminati... :p

Like I said earlier, remember to be considerate of other players and please, don't go doing anything that might give you a huge advantage over others! :)

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

so r u guys going to give us tips to invest or what? 

lol.. im like RETARDED when it comes to the stock market, so if you guys are planning on helping us regular joes get rich, YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT!!! :)

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Haha. R* should incorporate more features from the real stock markets into the game - that way we can show how useful the game is by testing strategies and becoming billionaires and an alternative Illuminati in real life. (Too bad speculating on the real markets is really hard to do and incredibly risky, considering abominations like high-frequency trading. )

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:41 PM Edited by SteaVor, 29 September 2013 - 05:43 PM.

so r u guys going to give us tips to invest or what? 

lol.. im like RETARDED when it comes to the stock market, so if you guys are planning on helping us regular joes get rich, YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT!!! :)

Officially, we're doing it for research purposes only. Kinda like the Japanese only kill whales for research purposes and not at all for the ¥¥¥.

But yeah, what YOU do with what we find out is your responsibility - if there is a major flaw in the game logic that would allow disproportionate earnings through playing the stock markets, you'd inevitably hear about it and could be inclined to profit from it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users