Quantcast

» «
Photo

How Do Cops INSTANTLY Know YOU Commited A Crime?

26 replies to this topic
GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

Unless a cop actually sees or hears you commit a crime, shouldn't there be some delay before you get a wanted level?

If only a pedestrian witness sees or hears you, it should take AT LEAST 10 seconds for them to call 9-1-1 and describe what just happened, and for the actually cops to be notified.

Rafkin
  • Rafkin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

NSA drones
  • LunchBokth likes this

JohnnyColbert
  • JohnnyColbert

Redwood Lobbyist

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

NSA drones

That completely explains it.  Your phone is bugged and Chop is a spy working for the IAA.

Erebosgaminghd
  • Erebosgaminghd

Gaming YouTuber

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

Unless a cop actually sees or hears you commit a crime, shouldn't there be some delay before you get a wanted level?

If only a pedestrian witness sees or hears you, it should take AT LEAST 10 seconds for them to call 9-1-1 and describe what just happened, and for the actually cops to be notified.

I dunno about you guys but If i commit a crime I usually get about 5 seconds to move.

theshadowfax
  • theshadowfax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

The same way the "wanted circle" of GTA IV followed you around whereever you went if you were past 3 stars, whether the cops were in line of vision or not, it's just game mechanics. I think that's why they changed that and gave us the vision cones, especially now that it's even easier to get a wanted level. FFS I got one just for standing in front of some bitch who didn't want me standing in front of her. 

Trevor had ragefun with that one.

opqer456
  • opqer456

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

If you do a crime, you will see people running away whilst calling the police. So that happens. It is not always instant. In fact it's almost only instant when i throw grenades around or play with the RPG. If it's a gun fight, (epsc. with silenced weapons) several seconds can pass before the five-o is on my tail.

Then i will blast em to hell.

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:56 PM Edited by GamerPatriot, 29 September 2013 - 05:36 PM.

Minority report....they know you when you commit a crime, but they don't make it in time before you actually do it. 

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Illuminati. They're everywhere.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

Pfft easy, Ifind.

Markf44.4
  • Markf44.4

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

They're not really cops. They're Lizard Aliens and THEY ARE WATCHING....and waiting....... :O

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

Try insulting a prostitute. They often threaten to call cops. If you stick around - then they call the cops.

This leads me to believe that the police in GTA 5 are going off eye witnesses and call in reports.

Thus your question is answered

Vexedd
  • Vexedd

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

Because it's a f*cking game, stop whining.

Don't like the mechanics, play something else.
  • 79cutlas likes this

Starchs
  • Starchs

Potato chips

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

Iphones or cell phones

blues3531
  • blues3531

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

The same way the "wanted circle" of GTA IV followed you around whereever you went if you were past 3 stars, whether the cops were in line of vision or not, it's just game mechanics. I think that's why they changed that and gave us the vision cones, especially now that it's even easier to get a wanted level. FFS I got one just for standing in front of some bitch who didn't want me standing in front of her. 

Trevor had ragefun with that one

The reason that circle followed you past 3 stars in IV was because of helicopters. In all honesty it should be impossible to escape the red flashing radar view of cops past the point of where helicopters are on you. you shouldn't be able to get away until you bring it down. In real life no one is escaping a chopper's view in a car.

progdog
  • progdog

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

There are some issues that hopefully Rockstar get wind of and patch. 

The wanted system is good, it just need to be smoothed out. Punching (or even shooting) someone in the middle of nowhere with zero witnesses should mean absolutely no cops. Crimes should need to be reported before cops turn up. If there is one witness, you should have a small time frame to stop them making the call. If its a crowded area...then run.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:18 AM Edited by Kent_Paul_Jnr, 29 September 2013 - 09:18 AM.

Minority report....they you when you commit a crime, but doesn't make it in time before you actually do it. 

this -  a thought crime

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:23 AM Edited by bicycles?, 29 September 2013 - 09:26 AM.

Youtube gunshot detectors.

Then look at how smart smartphones are. They can tell the difference in barometric pressure between the opening and closing of your car door. The microphones are sensitive as f*ck and it's a fact that they're essential hot at all times. Same with the camera.

Plus since mike, and in association everyone else, is working with the feds, they'd be being more closely monitored than regular people anyways.

Not that that's actually the in-game explanation, because there's way too much unrealistic garbage in it to credit them with something like that... but it would explain the instant notification/location stuff if it were a real life question

king-rotty
  • king-rotty

King Rotty

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

this doesn't happen to me unless a police man sees me. However, you can kill them to get out of their detection, steal a car, and evade the incoming cops to get away. Simple as that. Or, you could just wait to make sure there's no patrolmen around before you commit a crime. Make sure you get away from the scene.

shansha
  • shansha

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

It is called complain and get your voice heard and maybe rockstar will do something. (Unlikely)

Vexedd
  • Vexedd

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

It is called complain and get your voice heard and maybe rockstar will do something. (Unlikely)

Rockstar can not, and therefore will not bother trying to cater to every individual player's needs. They will make their games as they see fit, and we will either like it or dislike it.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp, if you dislike a game, set it to the side and never play it again.

Nobody is stopping you.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

Because the TC is nitpicking.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

Harem Jutsu

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

Rockstar can not, and therefore will not bother trying to cater to every individual player's needs. They will make their games as they see fit, and we will either like it or dislike it.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp, if you dislike a game, set it to the side and never play it again.

Nobody is stopping you.

If enough people complain about and or discuss issues that are wrong within a game, developers will change / fix the issues.

• "The ultimate shape of GTA Online will be determined as much by you, the player, as by the work we put in. What you like and don’t like, what you play and what you want will determine how the game develops and what it turns into.

• Everything we do will be informed by feedback from you all – from the types of missions that roll out to all kinds of future content."

Source: http://www.rockstargames.com/V/news

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:31 PM Edited by SLUGFly, 29 September 2013 - 12:33 PM.

Nobody is stopping you.

If enough people complain about and or discuss issues that are wrong within a game, developers will change / fix the issues.

• "The ultimate shape of GTA Online will be determined as much by you, the player, as by the work we put in. What you like and dont like, what you play and what you want will determine how the game develops and what it turns into.

• Everything we do will be informed by feedback from you all from the types of missions that roll out to all kinds of future content."
Source: http://www.rockstargames.com/V/news

Critics get smarter. They learn to also judge real life. They also learn to make better art. They also inform the next wave of art made by professionals. People who aren't interested in critical discussion should stay out of it.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Nah, usually somebody calls or you just make a big scene. Although I noticed that the country cops seem to be a lot smarter than LSPD.

The Head24
  • The Head24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

I think what should happen is that a symbol should appear at the top of the map to say that the cops have been called due to a for example a disturbance of an explosion, but at the start you are not instantly wanted for it. If however you are the only one standing around the area where it happened when the cops turn up, then you should get a wanted level. I blew a vehicle up the other day with fuel, no one saw me do it, yet I had a wanted level. I can see they have improved the wanted system greatly in this game compared to the others making it more life like with being able to hide and stuff, but now they have gone down this route of making it smarter, they shoot themselves in the foot with these few little silly problems.

captain_isak
  • captain_isak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Yeah, i find it extremely irritating when i kill someone in the middle of the desert without anyone watching and suddently the cops knows about it...

slydog
  • slydog

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

I find the AI spawning messed up I was knifing people at the house near the lighthouse ran down the steps and hid. Came up and there were new people sitting in the same spots as the last few dudes while bodies were still lying around. I feel this game was meant to be next-gen.

But yeah this is the Matrix glitches in the system will be patched and agents will be dispatched shortly to iron out any problems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users