Xbox 360 - Game keeps restarting - HELP

11 replies to this topic
Haddaway
  • Haddaway

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Hello Guys

Basically my GTA freezes at any random point when i play it..
-It is not on Franklin's 1st mission
-YES, i have cleared my cache (I've lost count)

It only started when (playing as Franklin) i bought a garage... from then on i can play it for about 30 seconds - 2 minutes before it cuts out and restarts the disc. when the disc loads back up a message appears and says something about a problem with my storage device...

I'm 46.3% completed, so deleting everything and restarting is something i want to avoid. Of course I will do it if necessary.

Is there any other solutions to fixing the problem? Also if i have to delete it, could i temporarily move the save game to a pen drive and then move it back when the game installs again?

Any Help is appreciated ... :r*: 
                                        Haddaway - Have a nice day 

Haddaway
  • Haddaway

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

(i've lost count **how many times**)

trevdaperv
  • trevdaperv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

You didn't povide any information about installation type, hard drive, usb stick.. etc

Haddaway
  • Haddaway

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Its all installed on my Hard Drive, should i move it to my USB? 

if i were to move it to my USB, should i completely re-install it? or just move it over?

..also i don't think i have a particularly fast USB, would that affect anything like frame rate? 

Haddaway
  • Haddaway

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

It's all on my HD, should i maybe move it to a USB stick?

jessos1
  • jessos1

CEO - Legue of Shadows.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

That has happened to me twice while playing I have it installed on a 32gb USB.

Savagemessiah
  • Savagemessiah

Leader Of The Rats

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

This has started happening for me too :( Yesterday when I was going to enter my garage (Michael) the loading screen comes up, but then it's just a black screen. The game restarts and a message shows up saying that something went wrong with the storage device. 

It happened twice today. First time when I was doing the misson

Spoiler

I was driving and suddenly the game restarted again, with the same message. I restarted the game and played the misson again, this time it worked fine, but when I switched to Trevor, driving to my garage and entered, the problem from yesterday happened again..

Just before this error happen, the disc seems to stop spinning, I guess that causes the problem, but what is the actual problem? Something wrong with my installation? I have reached about 60% and played for over 30 hours, and I have never noticed any problem until now :(

ScooterBrother
  • ScooterBrother

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

So is the only solution to delete everything and start over? I am at 49% not really wanting to start over.

I installed disc 1 and use disc 2. I didn't load disc 2 onto anything. Just bought a new 250 gb slim because i heard there were issues with the old Xbox.

Any help is appreciated.

ScooterBrother
  • ScooterBrother

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

So looking at the Rockstar site they have this under their support section:

Question:  During GTA V gameplay, loading, or while installing the game, I’ve gotten the error “The game was restarted due to a problem with the storage device…” on my Xbox 360. How can I get past these errors?

Answer:

While installing, loading, or playing the game on Xbox 360, we have heard a few reports from players encountering errors with their storage devices. Often, this error is caused by a failing storage device or installation to a older, heavily-used device, or else a USB drive or one that does not meet minimum specs.

• Try clearing the cache for the device: http://support.xbox....ar-system-cache
  • If installed on a USB drive: Please make sure that the USB drive meets the minimum specs: it must be at least USB 2.0, with a minimum 15mb/s read speed, and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance. In the event that your USB drive meets these specifications and is new, please attempt installation onto another USB drive or directly to the Xbox 360 HDD if there is adequate space.
  • If installed on the XBOX console hard drive: Please attempt an installation to a USB drive that meets the minimum specs: it must be at least USB 2.0, with a minimum 15mb/s read speed, and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance.

To me this is poor customer service.  We all purchased this game with the belief that it would work on our Xbox 360.  It would be one thing if they told us before we purchased that we would have to spend more money on an usb card in order for it to work. 

tobu24
  • tobu24

"Apes with ego trips."

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

This has now started happening to me. I am at %49. f*ck ROCKSTAR AND f*ck MICROSOFT! I cannot believe how this over hyped, sh*tty, linear, sandsh*tbox game cannot even be played! Wish I would've went with Sony. 

jessos1
  • jessos1

CEO - Legue of Shadows.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

My 32gb USB was only purchased 20mins before installing so it should be up to it. I did notice it restarted twice at the same spot while doing an ATV Race (marked on this map). If it freezes on another persons would that mean it could be a game glitch rather than a hardware issue??

jsjsjsjs.png

ScooterBrother
  • ScooterBrother

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

This really sucks. I installed disc 1 again and still happens. I am now loading disc 2 onto a usb drive and see if this will help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users