Taxi Bug will not go away!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic
stefan-west1
  • stefan-west1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

Hi everyone, I know this has been posted a lot but I have tried everything everybody has said to get rid of this bug. I am running gta IV 1.0.7.0 on windows 7, I have a lot of modded cars, I have traffic load and chikamru's real traffic installed, both are being started according to the asi log but I am still getting this god damn bug. How can I get rid of this? surely I must be doing something wrong!

stefan-west1
  • stefan-west1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

anyone?

Rocket7575
  • Rocket7575

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

How big is your vehicles.img file?

Also what kind of video card, how much ram on card, and how much ram on system?

stefan-west1
  • stefan-west1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:39 AM Edited by stefan-west1, 01 October 2013 - 10:39 AM.

The vehicles.img file is 270MB

The video card is Nvidia GTX 680 with 2GB video RAM

The RAM on the system is 16GB 

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Just don't get Vehicle Mods that are more than 1MB of size.

I have many mods of mine (which I created) and I don't get the Taxi Bug.

stefan-west1
  • stefan-west1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

I do have a lot of car mods but surely my rig can handle that?

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

I do have a lot of car mods but surely my rig can handle that?

The thing is... GTA IV can't.

Rocket7575
  • Rocket7575

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:40 AM Edited by Rocket7575, 02 October 2013 - 01:46 AM.

No your system should definitely not have the traffic bug.  I am running Win 7 64bit, had the 660gtx with 2gb ram, 10gb system ram, and I don't have the bug.
My vehicles file is also 510mb.  I just now got my evga step up 770gtx, but I haven't even installed it yet I literally just got at my door and brought it in.
-Also, I have every single car modded.  The only stock IV vehicle is the trash truck (I even replaced AirTug with Grave Digger etc), every other car is downloaded, so you should not have the bug.

With your setup you want to make sure that you don't have cars over 8mb.  The 1mb thing, that is not an issue trust me, I actually have 2 different GTA IV's because I've replaced the cars 2x over and have all different cars in both versions. 

I'll post some things that will help here in a bit, just got off work and relaxing.

• stefan-west1 likes this

Rocket7575
  • Rocket7575

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:59 AM Edited by Rocket7575, 19 October 2013 - 07:06 AM.

There are many things that can start to help get rid of the traffic bug, and it can be caused by multiple things.  I have replaced no joke over 500 vehicles in IV so I have figured out what kind of kicks it back into taxi bug mode.

1st-go into veh file and reduce amount of all taxi's to 1 for frequency, and 1 for amount to draw, this will reduce the amount they are drawn as much as possible.

2nd-go into Spark, organize by highest file size.  Take anything over 7mb and edit it in the vehicle.ide again so that freq and amt are 1,1.  Why?  Because if your pc tried to draw too many of your highest quality cars, bam the traffic file crashes and it loads up police and taxi's instead.

3rd-check all your cars.  Literally use trainer and go through each 1.  If you find one that freezes spawning, write it down.  If you frequently have issues making this car spawn, it especially needs to be at 1,1 as above (or very possibly needs to be deleted if frequently it will not spawn, it MUST be deleted or its guaranteed to F-it up.  You can reduce the amount of times it tries to draw, but can't stop it completely 0,0 or u get errors).   Why?  Because if IV tries to load this car and it can't, you don't get the "unable to spawn" message, you get a traffic file crash.  It may start up later again after driving around again, but this is linked to cars that have problems spawning. 

-Also just for reference, I only use chikamru's real traffic, and my vehicle.img file is 510mb.  I don't have the traffic bug, but it might kick back in if IV has a problem with one of my HQ cars spawning automatically as traffic.  As I add new cars I have to make sure they spawn easy, if not then it's going to cause the traffic bug, it takes quite awhile to filter all the cars u have installed to find the exact problem, but when you find it/them, you will instantly see a change in the traffic mix.

• Gutslab and fefenc like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:32 PM Edited by jpm1, 19 October 2013 - 01:35 PM.

traffic in GTA is one of most ressource demanding thing that's why when you mod the game with ressource demanding mods one of the first things that is impacted it's the traffic . a bad traffic can be caused by heavy sized cars but also by high res environment textures or even a too demanding timecyc .. you should keep this in mind each time you mod the game . and this has definitly nothing to do with the hardware that happens because of GTA structure . so do not install above 4 Mo cars (except 2 or 3 that mean a lot for you) , and each time you install new stuff keep in mind that heavy sized stuff will demand higher ressources

unbid
  • unbid

Totoro in disguise

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

traffic in GTA is one of most ressource demanding thing that's why when you mod the game with ressource demanding mods one of the first things that is impacted it's the traffic . a bad traffic can be caused by heavy sized cars but also by high res environment textures or even a too demanding timecyc .. you should keep this in mind each time you mod the game . and this has definitly nothing to do with the hardware that happens because of GTA structure . so do not install above 4 Mo cars (except 2 or 3 that mean a lot for you) , and each time you install new stuff keep in mind that heavy sized stuff will demand higher ressources

Anyway, just asking. Is the 4mb rule only apply to either .wft/.wtd file, or both?

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

wft + wtd = 4 Mo max

if the thing is driving you mad there's another thing but it's radical . remove one or 2 taxis in the vehicle.img file

unbid
  • unbid

Totoro in disguise

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

wft + wtd = 4 Mo max

if the thing is driving you mad there's another thing but it's radical . remove one or 2 taxis in the vehicle.img file

The taxi actually doesn't overspawn even I modded 2 of them (I use the 1,1 spawn setting on both Taxi), but the really pain is that the police cars are overspawn, even when I set the frequency and amount to 1,1.

Most of my mods are 4 Mo or less, but the rest doesn't exceed 5.5 Mo. Even the police cars that I use are less than 4 Mo.

_MK_
  • _MK_

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:22 AM Edited by MKIIIX, 30 January 2014 - 02:22 AM.

Img is 516mb here and working perfect with real traffic mod. using my method

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:37 PM Edited by jpm1, 31 January 2014 - 04:35 AM.

does not work perfect man , you have dept of field off . i do not call this perfect . i tried that commandline thing several times , and each time after been playing several hours i got problems

taxi and probably police cars are very likely a special traffic file . in cargrp you have the fbi and the nstockade in police group but they never spawn in traffic . i'm pretty sure these cars are sent when game is overloaded that's why you keep seing these vehicles spawning even once you have modified the vehicle.ide . as i said only 2 solutions i know is to have lot of different taxi liveries or to remove the model from vehicle.img , but i canno't guarantee it won't make your game to become unstable

edit : cargrp not popcycle

BigSlongsDaddy
  • BigSlongsDaddy

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

the best thing i find to do is to set the vehicle density to 1 and let a traffic spawner do the spawning of you car pack im on latest patch for balled of gay tony.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:25 AM

if you use that method you'll have to keep vehicles.img file size tiny or the game will become bugguey . IMHO it's a bit of waste as GTA can have up to 170 different cars installed

fefenc
  • fefenc

Blue Dante

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:05 AM Edited by fefenc, 30 September 2014 - 01:52 AM.

my vehicles.img is 86MB and I'm having this motherf*cking issue with an added not replaced mercedes slk. This game has been coded with R* devs' p***ses!!!

EDIT: f*ck this sh*tty IV car modding thing, I give up this sh*t! I'd rather use the low poly default IV+TBoGT cars instead of getting frustrated with this sh*t that hasn't any true fix at all...

EDIT2: Unless someone FIX this issue, modding cars on GTA IV will be impossible due to how this sh*tty xbox 360 emulator works.

MaazS
  • MaazS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:35 PM

Calm...your...tits....

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically correct.

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award