PROBLEM-Mostly jeeps and SUV's spawning in city after story comple

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic
LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Its annoying as f*ck. 80% Landstalkers and other jeeps on the streets. Anyone else having that problem and a possible solution?

FrozenInferno
  • FrozenInferno

Heisenberg

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

It's being discussed all over the forum.

No fix as of yet.

Constantfluxation
  • Constantfluxation

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Posted about it like 10 mins ago, people have suggested clearing your cache or restarting, I've had it loads lately, drives me absolutely bonkers probably the most annoying thing I've came across.

Seriously hope rockstar can confirm that it will be fixed, I don't fancy clearing cache or restarting every bloody hour

DeadstarHorizon
  • DeadstarHorizon

Claude Speed's Father

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

Posted about it like 10 mins ago, people have suggested clearing your cache or restarting, I've had it loads lately, drives me absolutely bonkers probably the most annoying thing I've came across.

Seriously hope rockstar can confirm that it will be fixed, I don't fancy clearing cache or restarting every bloody hour

^Pretty much this. I'm having the same problems as well.

LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Clearing your cache is supposed to help? I'll try that. 

Btw, im on 360.

Its really f*cking annoying to see the same sh*t cars on the streets all the time.

Edub_1234
  • Edub_1234

Cars Favored: Sential XS-Coqutte-Entity XF

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Ok, Easy Fix. Please post what cars you would want instead of them! Theres only one way of making diff cars spawn!

LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

I dont want a particular car, I just want a bigger variety of cars on the streets. Not just jeeps.

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

I dont want a particular car, I just want a bigger variety of cars on the streets. Not just jeeps.

Had this problem right after Trevor came to LS but i just went to the street with the horse statue and stole sport cars and drove around rockford hills, vinewood and the highway above the beach then after a while more different cars appeared. But yeah, it is annoying as f*ck.

Constantfluxation
  • Constantfluxation

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

My games basically stuck like it now, I'm getting the eventual sports car then bam... Right back to a 3 set of slow vehicles SUV, slower SUV or a slow ass 4 door. Lame, clearing the cache worked or like 20 mins now I'm back to SUVville

LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

Only worked 20 mins? f*ck me. Im gonna play for a bit and report back. This is really annoying.

DeadstarHorizon
  • DeadstarHorizon

Claude Speed's Father

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

Well I emailed R* about it a few days ago because this issue doesn't seem to be getting much attention. I emailed it on their support page, and replied about a day later basically saying "Thank you for emailing us" but didn't mention the issue it all. You guys should pop over and send them a similar email, they do pay attention. After I emailed them a way to fix that negative money glitch it popped up on the support site later. (I don't know if that was because of me or not, but whatevs.)

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

The cars come in cycles. Different times of day and moving to a different area and coming back seems to help.

Constantfluxation
  • Constantfluxation

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

The cars come in cycles. Different times of day and moving to a different area and coming back seems to help.

That's not the problem, I'm stuck with one set, 2 SUVs and a four door, almost 2 hours now nothing's changed
  • DeadstarHorizon likes this

Esco23
  • Esco23

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:50 PM Edited by Esco23, 28 September 2013 - 08:52 PM.

Same problem here, i emailed rockstar and they responded with asking for more details. Has anyone been able to capture this on video? the best place would be on the freeway i just don't have any recording equipment. Link me and ill send it to rockstar support through my email. 

Also how do you clear the cache? 

Edit: everyone having this problem please contact rockstar support through here http://support.rocks...us/requests/new

Edub_1234
  • Edub_1234

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Re-do a mission. Then fail the mission. should work. 

Constantfluxation
  • Constantfluxation

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Re-do a mission. Then fail the mission. should work.

How long does it last thought?

PanicButton
  • PanicButton

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

had the same problem, just fixed by reloading saves, i also did some missions

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

i did notice that aswell, but i already started a new game today...

i wonder what it will be like in multiplayer, it might be like this on purpose, so that the fastcars will be more valuable.

Broken Condom Kid
  • Broken Condom Kid

The Loser

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

Not for me, depends on what part of the city and what car, i see a lot of Felons GT, Grangers, and Ballers

Vulgar_Monkey
  • Vulgar_Monkey

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Yep, I've had this problem. Slightly worse pop-in too.

Far as I can tell it behaves like a very slow memory leak....the longer you play the worse it gets. A similar example would be Fallout 3 / Vegas, if anyone has played them. Although in that case it was just framerate rather than dynamic asset loading.

As for fixes, I've tried deleting all but the most recent save and then clearing the cache, also replaying missions, dying, switching characters.....anything that would force the game to load in a bunch of vehicles from scratch. No help.

At this point I've spent hours driving all up and down the map trying to find particular cars for my garage. The sandkind and ratloader used to be moderately common up north iirc for example, but I havent seen a single one for some time now.

I'm wondering if removing my single remaining save to the cloud and then doing a full reinstall may help, but if anyone else wants to try it then be my guest. In the meantime I do recommend following the previous posters advice and notifying R* Support. If enough people mention it then it may get elevated to a higher priority status.

However, I do wonder how online may affect this. I reason that in order for the world to be syncronised among players, the pedestrian traffic must be managed server-side, which may help mitigate the bug. Depends whether the online is actually run on R* servers or just hosted on someones console I guess. It must be the former, though, too demanding for the latter.

Edub_1234
  • Edub_1234

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:37 PM Edited by Edub_1234, 29 September 2013 - 07:37 PM.

All car spawns are based on Missions. 

But, If you drive another car it will show up as that car spawn, its a cycle. 

OpenWorld23
  • OpenWorld23

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:20 AM

Noticed it to! It is seriously annoying as hell! Rockstar is f**king this game up! I noticed this bug seems to occur after you completed the campaign. Before I new it, nothing but jeeps & FJ cruisers everywhere for the longest time. After moving to a different area the cars only change to a different 2 to 3 car spawning variety.

I think it started happening after Rockstar started adding all these DLC packs to online & offline. The problem wasn't that bad before they started making all these DLCs. Does anyone know if they are working on a patch for this? You'd think after spending 300 million on this game they can take some effort in fixing new problems with it. I reported it to Rockstar support but nobody there seems to give a sh*t.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:26 AM

Hey buddy, there really was no need to bump this old topic.

We have a current discussion going on right here-->http://gtaforums.com...s-spawning-bug/

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users