Photo

hints n tips list

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic
lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:46 PM Edited by lickylickyballbags, 29 September 2013 - 09:46 PM.

ANY TIPS HINTS YOU HAVE PLS IM TO ME OR COMMENT IT AND I WILL ADD IT TO THE LIST FOR OTHERS TO VIEW IN FIRST POST - EASIER - THANKS GUYS

thought id copy n post this up. some useful bits.

Here's a list of some useful gta V hints, tips and tricks.

• You can interact with NPCs by pressing right on the D-Pad.
  • Use the "point of interest" feature on your map to mark places like liquor stores and other useful locations.
  • To take Chop for a walk, first lock on to him using the left trigger.
  • You can transport a bicycle in the back of a truck.
  • You can find a bike near the cable car (or bring your own) and then take it on the cable car up to the top, then ride your bike down the mountain.
  • Blue dots on the map are smaller missions that you can find in the world.
  • The orange skull icons on the map are special rampage missions which can only be done by Trevor.
  • To figure out which story missions your current character can do, look for the larger mission icons on the map. The map icons are color coded: (The mission icons for Michael are blue, Franklin is green and Trevor is orange)
  • When changing between the three characters, the number below each character represents available missions for each character.
  • You can hijack a security van (gruppe) and smash the rear doors (you can shoot the handlebars to open the doors, or use explosives), this will drop suitcases with money. Security vans can sometimes be found as random events near gas stations.
  • You can rob any store in the game if you walk inside so that the door closes behind you, then begin to walk out, but stop half way so your character is keeping the door open with it swung outside, this will allow you to equip a weapon and point it at the store clerk. You can shoot the registers and money bags will drop on the floor. (Note that not every store has a cash register)
  • If you need to recover your health, you can find medkits inside your safe houses, or find a liquor store and buy some food (and  vending machines around the map and in sometimes in in Ammu-Nation.) you can also try finding a prostitute at night and picking her up. You can also switch characters to recover your health.
  • You can hide from police in large bushes.
  • Completing all of the shooting range challenges earns you a discount off everything in Ammu-Nation and at the same time raises your shooting stat.
  • The driving stat is the first stat you should try to improve since you will be using it the most in the game. Check out our GTA V stats page for more information on how to raise your stats.
  • After you complete flight school fully, you will be allowed to fly the commercial planes that are in the airport.
  • The player arrow will turn grey if the police are unaware of you.
  • Killing people after they have visited an ATM will give you a decent payout.
  • You can do a dive by jumping then hitting B (Xbox 360) or Circle (PS3).
  • To buy full ammo for your gun in Ammu-Nation, there is a button you can press to toggle between Full Ammo and buying just a clip. On Xbox 360 it's X, on PS3 the button is square.
  • If you slightly hold the right trigger, you can run and gun. You can also do a combat roll while holding either the left or right trigger and pressing X / Square.
  • You can press L1 on PS3 or LB on Xbox 360 while in a vehicle to flip people off.(First make sure no weapon is equipped by pressing X on Xbox 360 or square on PS3 to switch to Unarmed)
  • You can find an Adder car at this location. These are rare. Check back often if it isn't there the first time. (Video)
  • You can find rare cars like the Infernus, Cheetah, Colt Voltie and more at this location.
  • While at a red light, rev your engine a little and try honking. Sometimes the car next to you will give you a mini drag race.

gta-v-image-11.jpg

• If you want to explore somewhere far away on the map, you can get back to the mission areas quickly by switching characters.
  • You can fast travel by setting a marker on the map and then calling a cab. (Found in the phone contacts, scroll down to "Downtown Cab Co.")
  • You can also explore early in the game using a helicopter. Check out our GTA V helicopter location map to find one.
  • You can find a parachute by going to the top of the highest mountain on the map. The parachute is located next to the cable car exit. (Press A on the 360 or X on the PS3 to deploy your parachute. Once you have one in your inventory, it will be automatically equipped when you jump)
  • There is a boat with scuba gear located behind the Ship Yards at one of the Piers. It doesn't have a wetsuit or flippers, but it will allow you to dive underwater as long as you want. Here is the location
  • You can get a crop duster airplane at the Trevor's McKenzie Field air strip as they often land there.
  • Once you buy the McKenzie Field Hangar property, a twin engine plane will spawn in the hangar.
  • If you need to land somewhere fast with your plane but can't find a runway, try a beach or a freeway.
  • You can avoid getting a wanted level at the airport if you purchase a plane hangar.
  • You can also purchase planes and helicopters  (elitastravel.com)  using the in game Internet browser accessed through your phone. Military helicopters and other military vehicles (including the tank) can be purchased on warstock-cache-and-carry.com. After you buy a vehicle, it will be delivered to the airfield hangar.
  • The Cargobob helicopter (which you can buy at the above url) can hook up to and carry cars (as seen in this screenshot) and other vehicles.
  • If you hold (LB + RB) or (L1 + R1) while flying a helicopter, it will help keep it from wobbling.
  • You can shoot out the searchlights on police helicopters.
  • Buying things online tends to be cheaper than in the game shops.
  • To close your Internet Browser quickly, press Y on the Xbox 360 or Triangle on PS3.
  • Trevor can survive falls from great heights using his special ability.
  • Franklin can use his special ability for precision drive-bys.
  • Michael can increase his special ability with yoga.
  • Driving into subway tunnels is a good way to evade a wanted level.
  • To dial phone numbers on your cellphone, open your contacts list then press X on the Xbox 360 or Square on PS3. Then press the button again once you type in the number.
  • You can pause during cut scenes.
  • Finding a Fighter Jet: Check out this video to find a Fighter Jet.
  • Finding a Mini-Gun: Check out this video to find a Mini-Gun.
  • UFO Easter Egg Location: Here's a video that shows where to find all 3 UFO easter egg secrets.
  • Finding full body armor: Go to the Vehicle Impound (found on your map as a car icon) and then into the police station, there is full body armor laying on the ground next to the double blue doors on your right as soon as you pass the row of chairs. Theres also a vending machine to the right of you as you enter the police station.
  • To make the most cash during a heist, always pick the most skilled gun man, drivers, hackers, etc.
  • You can reclaim lost cars at the impound.
  • Buying Los Santos Customs makes all car upgrades free at that store.
  • Try customizing your character's default cars since they always spawn in the driveway, whatever cutomizations you buy, will stay on the car forever.
  • You can use your cellphone to call the other main characters to hang out.
  • If you're not sure how to advance the plot and do more missions, try switching out characters.
  • Reply to your in-game emails. This is useful for immersing yourself in the lives of the main characters.
  • Stock advice: Check out this image http://i.imgur.com/3Xr2jSt.jpg for some great stock investment advice. You can invest in one company, then attack its rival to make some money.
  • When investing in stocks, you can hold down X (PS3) or A (360) to buy more shares faster.
  • Another great way to take advantage of stocks is to do what the game tells you to do during the assassination missions. See who you are targeting, then pay attention to the mission dialog (or check the brief option in the pause menu) and find out who the competitor is and then invest in the opposition while on the mission. You can also quit the mission to invest with your other characters first.
  • To make more money after the main storyline, it's recommended to save Lesters missions.
  • Random events can also be big money makers, though most don't give much, some have huge rewards.
  • GTA V Online Tip: A tip for when GTA V online is released this October, if you want to play multiplayer, learn to aim in the "Free Aim" targeting mode (you can change it in settings > targeting mode > free aim). In most multiplayer games in GTA Online, the auto-aim will probably be off. (Just like in GTA IV) So you should get used to the free-aim mode.)
  • Try turning off both the HUD and radar for an immersive and much more difficult experience. (You won't be able to see where the police or other people are on the minimap.)

FROM BOARD gta_aus

While in a triathlon, if you swim under the water instead of on top like everyone else, you swim much faster and make a good lead on everyone

FROM BOARD Constantfluxation:

some pedestrians or side mission icons flash blue and red, giving the choice too kill them or let them go at the end of a mission.

vince91:  activate the cinematic camera while driving (press or hold O on ps3) and press R3 for slow-motion.

CRAPNAUT: If you have the special edition you can fly the stunt-plane without having to play the stunt-race. Simply get a wanted level, then the stunt-mission is not available but you can still enter the plane and take off.

Appreciate the list you made, thanks. Also why would anyone give money to a victim on a random encounter just doesn't make sense to chase down someone, kill them and then run back to give money. It's not something on the list just something I wish to point out.

One of the guys I returned a wallet to as Trevor called a few game hours/days after I helped him and

Spoiler
  :colgate:

Just to add to the above - i also had a good deed returned to me a few (in game) days after i returned a stolen car to a lady... she gave me no reward at the time of returning the vehicle, which i chased down, murdered the offender... so i blew the car up as she drove off in it after she said thanks and hopped in, telling me it wasnt a big deal as it was insured anyway!!... for her cheek i killed her... only for an email with a reward/item a few days afterwards as a thank you... lol oops.

• jackjenkins, -inVADER-, G-Funk and 1 other like this

joehdez14
  • joehdez14

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Good Job on posting this! 

This'll help people.

• lickylickyballbags likes this

Jozzborne
  • Jozzborne

Jeremy

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Never knew you could drag race random people. Also how does Yoga increase Michaels ability and how do you get bikes in the back of trucks? Thanks for this. Also I live you for finally helping me figure out how to exit to stupid internet quicker.

jackjenkins
  • jackjenkins

Sheriff

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Good intel mate, cheers  :^:

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

no problemo

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

you can turn off radar? where?

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

While in a triathlon, if you swim under the water instead of on top like everyone else, you swim much faster and make a good lead on everyone

Constantfluxation
  • Constantfluxation

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

Nice list also, some pedestrians or side mission icons flash blue and red, giving the choice too kill them or let them go at the end of a mission.

the_kid311
  • the_kid311

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

stolen

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

stolen

please read first sentance again

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

Been wondering about the full body armour. Thanks mr ballbags. P.S Your forum name, is all f*cked up.

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

Been wondering about the full body armour. Thanks mr ballbags. P.S Your forum name, is all f*cked up.

thanks - just bringing a little light humour to the board :) - fits trevors persona

balmung03
  • balmung03

bawlz in the baygz

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

Never knew you could drag race random people. Also how does Yoga increase Michaels ability and how do you get bikes in the back of trucks? Thanks for this. Also I live you for finally helping me figure out how to exit to stupid internet quicker.

My guess for the yoga is the fact that yoga calms you down.  Michael's bullet-time special ability is pretty much him becoming extremely calm and finding that 'zone' mental state that makes you feel like time slows down.

As for getting a bike on a truck bed, try bunny hops.  Using existing slopes and ramps obviously helps, too.

And I agree about the closing internet tip, sometimes the twitchiness of the analog stick can be frustrating when all I wanted to do was go back to the game after buying shares (now if someone can figure out a way to manually enter the number of shares we wish to buy, I shall prostrate myself to him/her- I like to buy in round, even numbers dammit!)

Kabuki777
  • Kabuki777

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Appreciate the list you made, thanks. Also why would anyone give money to a victim on a random encounter just doesn't make sense to chase down someone, kill them and then run back to give money. It's not something on the list just something I wish to point out.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

nice post - lots of useful info in one fcuking place - thanks

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

Trevor has unique Lines when interacting with gangmembers, Fat people (different wether Male or Female), and hobos.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:56 AM Edited by RowanSane, 29 September 2013 - 10:56 AM.

I have learned things.

*awards 'grumpy dad seal of approval'*

Influencing the LCN stocks by buying into one company then attacking a rival has had mixed reviews and seems to be generally considered not to work - I haven't tried it myself. Your mileage may vary.

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

thanks, this should get a sticky

i have one, it's not very usefull but it looks nice. activate the cinematic camera while driving (press or hold O on ps3) and press R3 for slow-motion.

Crapnaut
  • Crapnaut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

If you have the special edition you can fly the stunt-plane without having to play the stunt-race. Simply get a wanted level, then the stunt-mission is not available but you can still enter the plane and take off.

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

:rampage: :rampage: :rampage: :rampage: :rampage: :rampage: :rampage: :rampage:

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

One of the guys I returned a wallet to as Trevor called a few game hours/days after I helped him and

Spoiler

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Great list, very helpful, one or two things on it I had no idea about. I hope people add more advice when they discover something new, interesting or amusing.

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Spoiler

Just to add to the above - i also had a good deed returned to me a few (in game) days after i returned a stolen car to a lady... she gave me no reward at the time of returning the vehicle, which i chased down, murdered the offender... so i blew the car up as she drove off in it after she said thanks and hopped in, telling me it wasnt a big deal as it was insured anyway!!... for her cheek i killed her... only for an email with a reward/item a few days afterwards as a thank you... lol oops.

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

Great list, very helpful, one or two things on it I had no idea about. I hope people add more advice when they discover something new, interesting or amusing.

thanks i hope so too.. im only sharing the list with everyone in the hope it improves some peoples gaming experience, as i know it did mine when i read it, i tried a few new things and found the ambo helicopters.

TommyK154
  • TommyK154

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

Here's another tip: When you are close to a paper scrap collectable you will hear what sounds like a paper being tossed around in the wind

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

Great thread man. If you can organize it a tad bit better so there isnt a list wall I will pin this for sure.

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

When you do a stunt jump, pushing the right analogue stick up speeds up time so you don't have to wait forever for your car to cras.... er, land. Pushing the right stick down slows down time.

bmajede
  • bmajede

Plawres Sanshiro.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

Thank you so much, man!!!!!!!!!!!!

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

i will try to consolidate for it to be pinned and im glad people are getting some info from it, enjoy everyone!

Shakengandulf
  • Shakengandulf

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

Learn something everyday, thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users