Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V/Online Passgeners only drive by with Pistols and SMGS?

12 replies to this topic
vietboi2
  • vietboi2

FUKU

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Ok,so i was doing alittle exploring around GTA and i hungout with trevor as franklin and start doing some drive bys on ballas and vagos and such and Trevor all the time hes in the car doing drive bys with my only had a Mini Uzi but when we run around shooting at them he had a M4 Shotgun and etc. So i guessing they limited the Drive by guns like in GTA SA.

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:19 PM Edited by Hypsteer, 28 September 2013 - 06:21 PM.

The idea of a passenger using an automatic rifle for drive-bys would be pretty fun. But it would be pretty OP considering they are more accurate and more deadly damage wise. If they implemented something like that online they would need to do a clean sweep: Sitting on the door and roof to balance themselves while shooting the shotgun or A-R. This way they can be more exposed for using more potent weapons.

Like so..

QuZfnwviQFdF1isG7M82_San_Andreas_Drive_b

But to answer your question, no; No passenger can use A-Rs or shotties as a weapon source for a drive-by.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:22 PM Edited by Munx, 28 September 2013 - 06:22 PM.

I would hope there arnt to many restrictions for the person in the passenger seat.

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:48 PM Edited by Hypsteer, 28 September 2013 - 06:48 PM.

The only restrictions is that you can't use guns that require two hands- but that's in single player, We'll see about online in 2 days, but I almost guarantee that being able to use A-Rs and shottys and what not would not be allowed. You can use C-4s an grenades as well as with the pistol and smg.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

The only restrictions is that you can't use guns that require two hands- but that's in single player, We'll see about online in 2 days, but I almost guarantee that being able to use A-Rs and shottys and what not would not be allowed. You can use C-4s an grenades as well as with the pistol and smg.

Wouldn't be to sure about that, they might have used a simple code for the ai so they were limited to those weapons regardless of if they were driving or in the passenger seat.

I find it unlikely that they wouldnt allow us to use assault rifles and shotguns from the passenger seat..

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Wouldn't be to sure about that, they might have used a simple code for the ai so they were limited to those weapons regardless of if they were driving or in the passenger seat.

I find it unlikely that they wouldnt allow us to use assault rifles and shotguns from the passenger seat..

Well, It hasn't been implemented into the single player.... That alone says 10 tons of what to expect in Online, but like I said- we'll see.

Slamming tea
  • Slamming tea

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

I think the passenger will be able to use the sawed off shotgun for drive bys. I do it while I'm driving so I don't see why they wouldn't

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

I guess if it's in a pickup truck or something bigger we can us two handed weapons.

GTAOnline5v5.png

vietboi2
  • vietboi2

FUKU

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

I guess if it's in a pickup truck or something bigger we can us two handed weapons.

GTAOnline5v5.png

when the truck moves they will fall off

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

not really lol.. in singleplayer characters can sit in the back of the truck and only fall off if you swerve too much i could see big 2 handed guns being uses both in trucks vans and helis... i mean the police use snipers from helis so why not... vans and trucks have enough room in the back to use 2h guns. but using rifles from inside vehicles doesnt make sense... firing a rocket or something from the back of a truck/van makes more sense (and is done alot in action movies)

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

GTAOnline5v5.png

On snap, Nice find dude. I thought for minute that trucks load department wasn't going to allow a cover system... This is f*cking awesome! 

vietboi2
  • vietboi2

FUKU

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

not really lol.. in singleplayer characters can sit in the back of the truck and only fall off if you swerve too much i could see big 2 handed guns being uses both in trucks vans and helis... i mean the police use snipers from helis so why not... vans and trucks have enough room in the back to use 2h guns. but using rifles from inside vehicles doesnt make sense... firing a rocket or something from the back of a truck/van makes more sense (and is done alot in action movies)

that was only for one mission when you only unlocked trevor i never seen any other players in the back of the truck

UsedFloppyDisk
  • UsedFloppyDisk

Proclus Global agent

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

GTAOnline5v5.png

when the truck moves they will fall off

No they won't. 
There is a screenshot of a pickup truck driving full speed with 2 or 3 people with weapons in the back. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users