Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is GTA V the game of the generation for you?

155 replies to this topic

Poll: Is GTA V the game of the generation for you? (229 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think GTA V is the game of the generation for you?

1. Of korz ids da best game of de generation (122 votes [53.28%])

Percentage of vote: 53.28%

2. Nah you stupid nigga, der ar oder much betta games out der (70 votes [30.57%])

Percentage of vote: 30.57%

3. I dunno yet fool, I still wait for sum games in dis creyzy generation bro (37 votes [16.16%])

Percentage of vote: 16.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

v has grown on me over time lot at first i was Underwhelmed Tbh but now i can see  its a VERY  good game but i still think IV And Red Dead Redemption Are Better.

1.IV

2.Rdr

their the top 2 in my eyes in that order aswell. :r*:  

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

GTA V is, unfortunately, not the game of the generation for me (although, GTA: Online has some chances!).

It's great, but I have more special feelings towards games like Red Dead Redemption, Journey or Skyrim.

RDR and TLOU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GTA V. Maybe GTA O can fix this broken game. 

I'll happily tell you to shut the f*ck up, the game isn't broken. That's a fact. If you don't like it fair enough but things don't have to be just EPIC or FAIL.

Hate this new gamer mentality.

Anyway I do love GTA V but my favourite game this generation would have to be Dark Souls. It makes nearly everything else seem bland.

They're about Crime and not playing golf or watching movies like its the Sims.

Which is very apperent in how badly executed the elements you mentioned actually are. Cobbler, stick to thy last.

kaz_ann
  • kaz_ann

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

The Last of Us /thread

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

GTA V is, unfortunately, not the game of the generation for me (although, GTA: Online has some chances!).

It's great, but I have more special feelings towards games like Red Dead Redemption, Journey or Skyrim.

I'll happily tell you to shut the f*ck up, the game isn't broken. That's a fact. If you don't like it fair enough but things don't have to be just EPIC or FAIL.

Anyway I do love GTA V but my favourite game this generation would have to be Dark Souls. It makes nearly everything else seem bland.

The game isn't 100% broken but it still is broken is some ways. The cop system is broken. The Single Player was bad and half the content most likely taken out either for GTA O or DLC. 

I also think Rockstar lost focus in what a good GTA game is. The 3D era GTA games show us what a good GTA game is. They're about Crime and not playing golf or watching movies like its the Sims.

Funny. I remember SA having dancing, dating, muscle, fat, eating, arcade games etc. FFS there was a valet side mission. Oh that's totally showing how a "crime" game should be done.

I wish you would stop being so narrow minded. We get you think the HD GTAs aren't that good and whilst I love the GTA III era they were hardly accurate crime simulators and were riddled with things that don't have much to do with crime at all. Most of the side missions were pisstakes of menial jobs people do every day for a living.

You need to wake up to yourself and start expressing things in a fair matter. It's one of your weak points I've always found with you.

3mir
  • 3mir

The Coon

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

RDR

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

I had hopes it would be, but the vehicle physics screwed it.

Hardline_Pro
  • Hardline_Pro

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

Why is the poll in troll language?

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:57 AM Edited by redx165, 29 September 2013 - 03:04 AM.

You must be retarded. This is all I see you post.

But it seems like GTA is turning into a Sims with guns. They're making things way too realistic and not doing what GTA was always known for. 

@Miami Sure GTA SA added some of the things in and even added RPG elements to the game. GTA SA had more crime elements then IV and V. 

Like its ok to add them if they have a decent amount of crime activities you can do. III, VC, SA had crime activities while most of GTA V activities have nothing to do with crime. Racing, Hunting, Racing again, Base Jumping, Golf, Movies, TV, Tennis. Sure they have some crime activities but very few compared to the others.

Here's a question. If I told you a game would have these activities that I named would you think of GTA? I know I wouldn't.

@ Ravvi How was golf badly made in GTA V? They made it good but it isn't a activities many can play for hours alone.  

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

But it seems like GTA is turning into a Sims with guns. They're making things way too realistic and not doing what GTA was always known for. 

No it doesn't. Last I checked you didn't have to go to the gym to put on muscle or eat to keep your energy up like in SA.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

Like what? I can still do things in GTA V that I could do in GTA 1 15 years ago. The basic gameplay hasn't varied much at all. Not really a bad thing. It's good to keep familiarity. Just because you don't like some of the minigames doesn't mean focus has been lost.

• GTA564 likes this

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:10 AM

@Miami Sure GTA SA added some of the things in and even added RPG elements to the game. GTA SA had more crime elements then IV and V. 

Like its ok to add them if they have a decent amount of crime activities you can do. III, VC, SA had crime activities while most of GTA V activities have nothing to do with crime. Racing, Hunting, Racing again, Base Jumping, Golf, Movies, TV, Tennis. Sure they have some crime activities but very few compared to the others.

Here's a question. If I told you a game would have these activities that I named would you think of GTA? I know I wouldn't.

@ Ravvi How was golf badly made in GTA V? They made it good but it isn't a activities many can play for hours alone.  

San Andreas Had more Crime Elements than Iv? what like running around in your underwear with a pink dildo doing taxi missions   :lol:  IV was a far more accurate/Serious Crime Simulator  San Andreas was not all that Different from V as miami said there was lots of side missions that had nothing to do with Crime in fact its the Goofiest Gta there is. 

johndoe666
  • johndoe666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

I refuse to answer the poll with those cringe worthy answers

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

Man Of Steel was okay, but didn't really feel like Superman ..Just another generic superhero reboot.

Iron Man 3 was meh, I liked it but it was nothing special.

I agree with RedX. The Last Of Us is the best movie of 2013.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:23 AM

@GTAIVFANBOY 

The game is called Grand Theft Auto. How much crime can you do with the side missions given? This GTA may have more then IV but maybe 1/4 of the activities are crime related while the others just make it feel too much like the Sims. Plus they don't even reward you like the 3D era GTA games did. VC gave you 200% health and armor and double car damage and able to get 3 body guards. 

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

The fact you haven't made any attempt to list the things you feel that gives SA a more criminal feel makes your argument kind of sketchy.

Also why have you listed racing twice like it's a bad thing? You do realise racing has been a pivotal activity since GTA III right? SA probably had more racing than GTA V does.

As for the question sure it wouldn't really sound like a GTA game, but if I described SA based on its extra curricular activities it wouldn't sound like a GTA game either. 

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:29 AM

@GTAIVFANBOY 

The game is called Grand Theft Auto. How much crime can you do with the side missions given? This GTA may have more then IV but maybe 1/4 of the activities are crime related while the others just make it feel too much like the Sims. Plus they don't even reward you like the 3D era GTA games did. VC gave you 200% health and armor and double car damage and able to get 3 body guards. 

assassin?  hitman for little jacob? stealing cars for Steve?

what crime in san andreas could you do other than gang wars? it blows my mind your trying to claim than San Andreas is more Accurate than iv when it comes to actually being A Crime Game. 

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

Try to be Brown.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

Rdr for me.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

@GTAIVFANBOY 

assassin?  hitman for little jacob? stealing cars for Steve?

what crime in san andreas could you do other than gang wars? it blows my mind your trying to claim than San Andreas is more Accurate than iv when it comes to actually being A Crime Game. 

There were burglaries and import/export missions too. It's not to say SA didn't have its fair share of criminal activities, but redx only seems to concentrate on the non-criminal based stuff when GTA IV and GTA V have their fair share of criminal activities also.

As you've pointed out. In regards to GTA V it brought back assassinations from VC and GTA IV and rampages. Also bounties and arms trafficking . We can hold up stores again and do various illicit deeds for business we own.

I do wish it retained drug runs, import/export, mostwanted (although bounties could be considered a replacement), vigilante etc from GTA IV, but it makes up for it in other ways.

The Stranger & Freaks missions most of the time involve doing something illegal and random event interventions that can allow us to steal money from armoured trucks among other scenarios. Weed stashes can be raided too.

I really fail to see how GTA V feels like The Sims. It has a lot of depth in terms of the criminal underworld. Arguably better than the old games, but some see Yoga or Tennis and conclude it's The Sims with guns. :/

Franklin_Clinton24
  • Franklin_Clinton24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

I feel that either RDR or Last of Us are the best games of generation

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

Many months have now elapsed since release, and i cannot say it is the best.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

The game of my generation will always be San Andreas and then Vice city. Those days will never feel the same again. I can't explain the feeling I get when I play those games. GTA IV came close with online and ballad of gay tony but I've sort of grown out of them which makes no sense at all. It's impossible to explain.

SingularSoul
  • SingularSoul

“Scientific Progress goes boink?”

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:01 PM Edited by SingularSoul, 10 March 2014 - 06:15 PM.

gotg, for me, is between the following (I'm assuming by "generation", OP is meaning the x360 PS3 era, NOT including PC releases during this time period):

-LA Noire (GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS game. Nuff' said.)

-Red Dead Redemption (Genuinely near-perfect. Felt absolutely authentic, and the attention to detail was baffling.)

-the Batman: Arkham games (I felt like Batman. That's how well-crafted this series is. Seriously, if you love Batman, you need these games, although you most likely already have them.

-The Last Of Us (Well, what can I say; This game is beautiful. Utter perfection. One of the most well-told, thought-provoking stories in videogame history, bundled in amazingness.)

-Uncharted 3 (They made TLOU. What more can I say? BUY BUY BUY.)

- GTA IV/ EFLC (SEVERELY underrated. A far more convincing, gritty story, in a far more convincing, realistic city than V. Play it on PC with graphics mods, if you feel it looks bad.)

-Just Cause 2 (Bit of a left-field suggestion, but my GOD, was it a blast... literally. Included mostly for the lighting engine/general visuals, and the grappling hook/ parachute combo.)

-Heavy Rain  (Ok, so the story is a little over-hyped and contradictory in places. Still, the visuals and presentation more than make up for thse minor flaws.)

LowiPL
  • LowiPL

Street Cat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Of korz ids da best game of de generation

Best game of all time

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

I'd say it's joint with RDR. However, in terms of the amount of hype generated, RDR is the better game.

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Good lord no.

TheTruthOnly
  • TheTruthOnly

Street Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

1. RDR

2. The Last of Us

3. GTA IV

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:29 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 10 March 2014 - 08:29 PM.

I really don't understand what is meant by 'Game Of The Generation'.....

...but to really throw a curved ball I will say that (apart from GTA) my favourite games in recent years are Far Cry 2 and Far Cry 3.

So there.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

In order for a game to be game of the generation. It has to win GOTY. GTA V didn't and therefor can't be consider GOTG. 

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

In order for a game to be game of the generation. It has to win GOTY. GTA V didn't and therefor can't be consider GOTG. 

So you're just relying on a bunch of games journalism sites to tell you what the best games are? You can't form that opinion on your own?

A lot of games sites are saying the TLOU is the "citizen kane" of gaming and I couldn't disagree more.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

I thought you got past that bullsh*t :/

OP: I think it's the best game of all time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users