Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is GTA V the game of the generation for you?

155 replies to this topic

Poll: Is GTA V the game of the generation for you? (229 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think GTA V is the game of the generation for you?

1. Of korz ids da best game of de generation (122 votes [53.28%])

Percentage of vote: 53.28%

2. Nah you stupid nigga, der ar oder much betta games out der (70 votes [30.57%])

Percentage of vote: 30.57%

3. I dunno yet fool, I still wait for sum games in dis creyzy generation bro (37 votes [16.16%])

Percentage of vote: 16.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

GTA V is, unfortunately, not the game of the generation for me (although, GTA: Online has some chances!).

It's great, but I have more special feelings towards games like Red Dead Redemption, Journey or Skyrim.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

I'm not even sure the poll is English.

Anyway, yes it is, for me.

And that doesn't mean it's prefect, it's just that 99% of the games this generation sucked dick.

The only ones worth playing are:

GTAV

Halo 3

Gears Of War 3

The Walking Dead (Telltale)

Batman Arkham City

Any Uncharted game

Journey

GTA 4 EFLC

Mass Effect 2

Max Payne 3

Red Dead Redemption

Halo 4 (If you're looking at it from a spiritual successor standpoint, and not a technological one)

Assassin's Creed 2

And ...I don't know, I think that's it?

• AndrewDeSanta likes this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:06 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 28 September 2013 - 06:07 PM.

Nah..it was great but my favorites this generation are Fallout 3, the Assassins Creed series, and RDR.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

RDR.

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:10 PM Edited by grayborders, 28 September 2013 - 06:10 PM.

Overall appeal it is porlly the game of the generation, skyrim is nothing compared to old elder scrolls games, each new ES is less and less in contnet, and actual roleplaying freedom. Than again why whould you even compare them? Yourney is almost if not the best "artgame" this gen, and red dead is special cause honestly there is no other game that dose western any good, and r* did it so awsome, so cine the western genre is not sturated ppl will always remember rdr better, but i whould not call it the game of the generation, it was actually kinda small in the end, and it was a more obvious open world game(what i mean is when i went to ride around i could tell if an area will be used for a misison or not, try doing that in gta 5...)

This generation was full of dissapointment for me, FF games went even further down the toilet, series opened fantastic than became generic(dragon age and mass effect, assasins creed). and we saw the rising of the COD generation, consoles took hold of the market, and pc games became more and more just ports rather than the main attraction. Hell even Bishock infinite failed to reach its originals hights, so yeah imo gta5 is the game of the generation for many reasons: like general appeal, everyone can find something they like, a good balance of realism and playability, and more content nstead of gta4`s less but more mature approach.

djjohnjarvis90
  • djjohnjarvis90

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

It's hard to choose really. I love GTA V but I also equally love Fallout 3 & New Vegas and Skyrim. Skyrim is probably the game I have put the most time into though. Red Dead Redemption was also amazing but it's been a long time since I played it so I can't remember it as well as the others. If you hadn't noticed, all my favourite games seem to be open world.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Overall appeal it is porlly the game of the generation, skyrim is nothing compared to old elder scrolls games, each new ES is less and less in contnet, and actual roleplaying freedom. Than again why whould you even compare them? Yourney is almost if not the best "artgame" this gen, and red dead is special cause honestly there is no other game that dose western any good, and r* did it so awsome, so cine the western genre is not sturated ppl will always remember rdr better, but i whould not call it the game of the generation, it was actually kinda small in the end, and it was a more obvious open world game(what i mean is when i went to ride around i could tell if an area will be used for a misison or not, try doing that in gta 5...)

This generation was full of dissapointment for me, FF games went even further down the toilet, series opened fantastic than became generic(dragon age and mass effect, assasins creed). and we saw the rising of the COD generation, consoles took hold of the market, and pc games became more and more just ports rather than the main attraction. Hell even Bishock infinite failed to reach its originals hights, so yeah imo gta5 is the game of the generation for many reasons: like general appeal, everyone can find something they like, a good balance of realism and playability, and more content nstead of gta4`s less but more mature approach.

I disagree about RDR. It's one of R* best sandbox/open world games since SA.

If that game only had one noticeable flaw, it would be that you couldn't form posse's in single player....oh, and the ending.

Otherwise, it was a superb game and the only R* game that should have 10's for this gen.

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

GTA IV still the best too me. GTA III => GTA IV = Holy f*cking sh*t, what a change.

GTA IV => GTA V = Meh.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

GTA V is, unfortunately, not the game of the generation for me (although, GTA: Online has some chances!).

It's great, but I have more special feelings towards games like Red Dead Redemption, Journey or Skyrim.

RDR and TLOU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GTA V. Maybe GTA O can fix this broken game. 

• kaz_ann likes this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

If you hadn't noticed, all my favourite games seem to be open world.

Yeah me too. I can't even play linear games anymore without getting bored as sh*t.

That's why I couldn't finish a game like Max Payne 3.

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

I disagree about RDR. It's one of R* best sandbox/open world games since SA.

If that game only had one noticeable flaw, it would be that you couldn't form posse's in single player....oh, and the ending.

Otherwise, it was a superb game and the only R* game that should have 10's for this gen.

Well rdr is amazing never said its not, but its not without its flaws, also ebing a western fan prolly sweetens the game for you. But i stick to my oppinion that gat5 is better, better money for time value, the 3 character mechanic is new and well executed and he game stays consistent in its super hero main characters were as in rdr the ending is horribile for more reasons than just how sad it was, i found the games logic broen by the ending since we single handedly clear badit hideouts frequently but instead of holding up in the barn he calls a stupid marthyr one?!

Also we cant judge gta5 yet really cause if they pull online well it will be amazing, gta4`s online was an afterthough and rdr showed the potential, so if the updates come frequent gta online will double the value of the game.

grayborders
  • grayborders

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

TLOU? really? its the best from naughty, but its a much much more focused and controlled experience, it had a very very uniqe ending but the MP was sh*t imo, then again i hate console mp games.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

TLOU? really? its the best from naughty, but its a much much more focused and controlled experience, it had a very very uniqe ending but the MP was sh*t imo, then again i hate console mp games.

The MP wasn't sh*t. It required team work and a mic. Most who didn't like it didn't have a mic or played in a team. Most games make their MP like Call of Duty and The Last of Us didn't. 

GTA V is very controlled in what we can do in a open world game. It kinda seems like GTA games on this gen are getting more linear then ones from the past. You can't even have a gun out in Ammu Nation unless you kill the guy from the outside. That's a unneeded restriction for a suppose Freedom/Open world game. 

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:33 PM Edited by Distrom, 28 September 2013 - 06:34 PM.

TLOU is great, but it's not a game to last for years, the MP was kind of sh*t to me and then there is the campaing, wich is not worth playing for 3 years more (even if  they will release DLC)

GTA V on the other side well, it will last years, like all previous GTAs did. We haven't touched GTAO yet.

OT: Can't tell yet, I have only played GTA V for like 9 days.

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Lawl you ask the question on a GTAV "fan site" Would be hilarious to see another game series win the poll.

• BettyBlueGT likes this

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

TLOU is great, but it's not a game to last for years, the MP was kind of sh*t to me and then there is the campaing, wich is not worth playing for 3 years more (even if  they will release DLC)

GTA V on the other side well, it will last years, like all previous GTAs did. We haven't touched GTAO yet.

OT: Can't tell yet, I have only played GTA V for like 9 days.

GTA IV last for many years? LOL that's funny. GTA IV didn't last a few weeks after the game was out. SO MANY RETURNS. Only reason you don't see that many with GTA V is cause we're waiting on the Online version. Rockstar really has lost their focus on GTA. They can't compare to last gen games. Their best game this gen was Red Dead Redemption. It was SOMETHING NEW while GTA is the same series with the same sh*t but turning into the Sims with guns. 

casper13
  • casper13

Cas

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

yes it is!

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:40 PM Edited by BettyBlueGT, 28 September 2013 - 06:44 PM.

I'm going to say RDR, ME2, BF3, and KOTOR 1 are the games of the generation for me.. Oh and Uncharted 2..  AND STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT!!!!

I wish people would stfu over The Last of Us... It's a god damn zombie game.. We have too many bleeping zombie games already!!!!!!!!

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

While both were great games... honestly Skyrim just totally beats them both into the dirt without any mercy.

• AusyAndy likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

Red Dead Redemption is my all-time favourite game, I had high hopes GTA V would change this, unfortunately it didn't. It is just lacking on key points.

• Alastair Smyth likes this

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

TLOU was a great game with an emotional and epic storyline but I prefer GTA V because I had much more fun playing it... and that's what games are all about, having fun....

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

I'm not even sure the poll is English.

Anyway, yes it is, for me.

And that doesn't mean it's prefect, it's just that 99% of the games this generation sucked dick.

This.

gnrdeth13
  • gnrdeth13

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

I would vote, but I don't understand the choices.

GTA V isn't the game of the decade for me.  I'd have to give that to another R* release, RDR.

poff
  • poff

Squid

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Journey was freaking awesome, was so relaxed playing it, just awesome.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:47 PM Edited by redx165, 28 September 2013 - 06:48 PM.

TLOU was a great game with an emotional and epic storyline but I prefer GTA V because I had much more fun playing it... and that's what games are all about, having fun....

I played and beat the Last of Us 3 times cause I enjoy the game. It is fun. GTA is filled with a broken cop system ( Rampages ain't as fun ), too many linear restrictions, not a lot of fresh content.

I want to play both The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption again but am waiting on GTA Online which better not be a disappointment. If it is I'm not wasting my time on another GTA games ( Oh wait they should call it Sims with guns )

@TheMoster I never played Skyrim cause I'm not a huge fan of RPG games. 

Syper
  • Syper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

TLOU is the game of the gen for me, nothing gets close.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

No, GTA IV was.

ry12111
  • ry12111

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

Mine is Resident Evil 4 at the time when it first came out i was blown away must have completed it about 50 times i lv everything about it from the story to the atmosphere 

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

I played and beat the Last of Us 3 times cause I enjoy the game. It is fun. GTA is filled with a broken cop system ( Rampages ain't as fun ), too many linear restrictions, not a lot of fresh content.

I want to play both The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption again but am waiting on GTA Online which better not be a disappointment. If it is I'm not wasting my time on another GTA games ( Oh wait they should call it Sims with guns )

@TheMoster I never played Skyrim cause I'm not a huge fan of RPG games. 

I didn't find the cop system broke, they are just more realistic (considering that's what eveyrone wants nowadays) but hey everyone with his own opinion

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by gtafan899, 28 September 2013 - 06:54 PM.

red dead redemption was gotg for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users