Special Abilities

16 replies to this topic
ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

With skills being applied to our online characters, do you think we'll have special abilities to choose from in the character creation?

Like a character with a good driving skill eventually gets Franklin's ability to slow time while driving, or a character with a high enough strength/stamina skill will be able to perform Trevor's limit break.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

and how would that work online hmm? you cant slow everyone's time down.. and being invincible isn't fair either.

Mrgrandis_HKG
  • Mrgrandis_HKG

Employee Of The Month

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

and how would that work online hmm? you cant slow everyone's time down.. and being invincible isn't fair either.

Have yoy played Max Payne 3 muiltiplayer ? it works.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

no i havent.. everybody said max payne 3 was sh*t so i never bought it... what was it like there? i find it hard o imagine a time slow button.. when everybody else is moving at full speed... it would be a disadvantage not an advantage.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hopefully there wont be specials in multiplayer, there really is no need for it.

In max payne it made sense, as one of the main focuses of the game is max paynes special ability to slow down time.

Lakewayking
  • Lakewayking

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

good thread, yeah ive been wondering about this for awhile now

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Well if you look at the Online gameplay trailer, there's no Special bar...

• Lakewayking likes this

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Hopefully there wont be specials in multiplayer, there really is no need for it.

In max payne it made sense, as one of the main focuses of the game is max paynes special ability to slow down time.

+ 1 this, Anything like this will really make online stupid IMO.

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

no i havent.. everybody said max payne 3 was sh*t so i never bought it... what was it like there? i find it hard o imagine a time slow button.. when everybody else is moving at full speed... it would be a disadvantage not an advantage.

Max Payne is an awesome game you should try it out apart from what your friends say. As for the abilities it would depend. Maybe for missions and heists and so on, but during free roam it would be rather pointless.

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

I hope not.

Erebosgaminghd
  • Erebosgaminghd

Gaming YouTuber

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Well I doubt they will be the same as the single player characters.

But maybe there will be an increased accuracy, increased driving skill but it won't slow down time just increase your characters base stats.

Like any 'buff' in an online MMO

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:03 PM Edited by Hypsteer, 28 September 2013 - 07:03 PM.

Well I doubt they will be the same as the single player characters.

But maybe there will be an increased accuracy, increased driving skill but it won't slow down time just increase your characters base stats.

Like any 'buff' in an online MMO

Meh, then that would lead to people wanting more of that content, then sooner or later we're going to get another wheel for perks and what not. Seems like that would be a hassle, interesting- but it definitely turn this game into something else, Y'know?

QuestLove
  • QuestLove

Comrade

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

Not going to happen, but stats are probably in.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:16 PM Edited by bloodblossom, 28 September 2013 - 07:19 PM.

i think there should be a specialization... like driver gunman sniper ect... and each of them be able to do something unique (not the main characters specials)... like maybe the sniper would be able to mark targets driver could instantly fix engine or wheels on a cooldown and gunman might be able to have an infinite clip for a short time like 5 seconds or so(or be able to gather more ammo from enemies) or something like that... nothing like slow motion or invincibility.. but something to set people apart a little.

and pilots could completely remove that annoying turbulence feature (just thought of this) also this would be a special and only last for awhile not permanently of course or everybody would pick pilot special and then go crazy with helis again.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

That would end up being to restrictive in the long run blood.

You get to choose you "specialization" at the start of the game  by deciding what your character has previously done in his life, but that dosnt mean you can't become as good in other stuff.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

That would end up being to restrictive in the long run blood.

You get to choose you "specialization" at the start of the game  by deciding what your character has previously done in his life, but that dosnt mean you can't become as good in other stuff.

i know that... but once everybody maxes all their stats.. then everybody is exactly the same...

anyways.. im totally going for the stamina boost in character creation.. i loved having max stamina in single player.. having to stop running while your being chased sucks..

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

If you think about it, all of their specials are just slow motion with the exception of Trevor who gets to take more damage...I personally thought it was real gimmcky...so much so that I never use them at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users