Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will GTA:O Career make Story mode obsolete/pointless?

16 replies to this topic

Poll: Will GTA:O render Story mode obsolete. (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Will online keep you away from Story mode?

1. Yes, there is no point to go back to Trevor, Michael, Frankling (19 votes [42.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.22%

2. No, there is plenty of reason to stay after story completion (4 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

3. I will probably play both (22 votes [48.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by Tuff Luv Capo, 28 September 2013 - 03:06 PM.

Do you think the Online story/career will make changing to Trevor and them pointless? I don't mean for the competitive reason, like COD, I mean like since it's basically a permanent one character (you), it would take priority over everything else? Just wondering if it's worth investing time into certain aspects of story mode.

(Wanted to make this a poll but couldn't access the button on the mobile version)

Rudolf
  • Rudolf

AMF Advisor

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

The poll is working for me.

Anyway I will play both probably. Online can be fun but I don't always like to play competitively. Sometimes you just want to mess around with the city, although I guess that might also be possible online. We'll just have to wait for GTA Online to come out and then we'll see what's what.

Roded88
  • Roded88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

For times where I don't want to worry about someone on the other side of the country trying to kill me for my money. I will play sp without a doubt. I plan on getting 100% completion including all the trophies. When I wanna get into some fun with my buddies online then I'll go online.

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

i think if GTAO is as good as they are PROMISING... there will be no point... the money etc is not transferrable.. everyone will start a new life in GTAO

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

Here's hoping for private/solo sessions.

Viper187
  • Viper187

Crazy Snake

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Here's hoping for private/solo sessions.

Right. I have no use for randoms. I'll be quite annoyed if certain missions require me to have an XBL crew with no option to go alone/hire help. I have multiple Xboxes, if I enjoy the online missions/heists/free roam enough to spend on an extra copy or two, but I'd rather not need to. I'm looking for something new to get addicted to though, since Halo Reach has really run it's course. I put over 210 DAYS of playtime into my stats on there. I'm sort of a stats junkie on these things. I love racking up obscene numbers of kills and things, completing everything, etc.

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

I'm 100% so Online only from the 1st.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

I really hope they keep a lot of the features that you find in story, unlike gta 4

jonesyy26
  • jonesyy26

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Well I haven't finished the story yet and I still haven't even put a dent in all the extra things you can do in the game (haven't called anybody to hang out yet, haven't played tennis, etc) so I think there will still be stuff to do for me

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

I've just about completed all of the single player trophies so once online comes out I more than likely won't be touching the single player for a while until I want to give the story another play through. The main deciding factor will be whether or not you can have solo/private modes for free roam like GTA:IV. We'll see though come the 1st.
  • nexoric likes this

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

I'm 100% so Online only from the 1st.

Same here.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

If single player has DLC and or my friends aren't on to play, I will replay single player for a bit

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

I think alot of people will get sucked into creating their own story in GTAO, but that will never kill the fun from the SP.

A big thing to remember is that GTAO is persistent, so theres no reloading old saves. So if you want to just mess around with no reprocussions financially or otherwise, SP is the way to go.

Strangeluv
  • Strangeluv

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

From everything I've read you can choose to play online with people you either know or have invited to share your game with...if it's like RDR and you get randoms in your city it could be very annoying...because (as this forum proves) there's plenty of idiots out there whose only purpose seems to be to annoy others...my preference would be an IQ test before you can join my game... If not I've got plenty of mates who I can call on to wreak havoc if needed... :-)

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

Didn't RDR have private games? I remember playing it online but can't remember the details exactly

Kevstyle
  • Kevstyle

True City Killers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:52 PM Edited by Kevstyle, 28 September 2013 - 08:53 PM.

I chose Both!

And for online I hope theres both private & public sessions. (Like GTA IV and other games)

Strangeluv
  • Strangeluv

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Rdr did have private online but a few of the achievements/trophies weren't available in these sessions...either way my point stands... ;-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users