Photo

Police OP?

11 replies to this topic
amar96amar96
  • amar96amar96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hey guys, was just wondering do you think the police need to be toned down?

1. The police chase you for the stangest things, like pulling your phone out next to a cop. Why?

2. Police instanly know when you've broken the law, say I just killed a randomer, the middle of no where, the police somehow instantly realise this, and send down cars.

3. ! star cops are too agressive, shooting at you straight away

4. Police are too accurate with guns, and can hit your car's wheels from miles away, and can kill you in just a moment. They need to be as agressive as they were in GTA 4, I think that was the prefect balance, IMO

5. Police helicopters, spawn too quickly, they respawn, fly to you, and start shooting withing 10 seconds of destroying one

Because of all this, free roam mayhem has just been severely scarred, I mean its fun.... but not THAT fun, if you know what I mean.

• Big Danny K likes this

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

Theres probably a hundred threads about this same thing...Please stop bogging up the forum with your individual whining...

• Vooodu likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Agreed.. No more whining please.

Rudolf
  • Rudolf

AMF Advisor

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Dudes, he just joined an hour ago. Give him a break.

Anyway, many agree with you on the things you mentioned amar96. I'm sure Rockstar will address this issue soon.

The only ones who are annoyed by these new topics are the ones that think the police is fine the way it is. I don't mind seeing new people complain about this since I agree that the police is overpowered. The more people want to see the police changed the more likely it will be.

Besides, this forum is free for all, and stop calling new people a whiner just because you've been around longer than they have.

Mpower
  • Mpower

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:39 PM Edited by Mpower, 28 September 2013 - 03:40 PM.

Besides, this forum is free for all, and stop calling new people a whiner just because you've been around longer than they have.

It's always the same here, even before the release. You get called a whiner just because you don't like a feature in the game. No way to have a discussion with brain dead users

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

Anyway, many agree with you on the things you mentioned amar96. I'm sure Rockstar will address this issue soon.

The only ones who are annoyed by these new topics are the ones that think the police is fine the way it is. I don't mind seeing new people complain about this since I agree that the police is overpowered. The more people want to see the police changed the more likely it will be.

lulz... The police are over powered?

Only if you stand in the middle of the street killing everyone non stop..

Rudolf
  • Rudolf

AMF Advisor

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

Well yeah, that's probably it, if you're on a rampage the police just is too hard to beat.

But I recall that you said you never got caught or killed by the police so you don't play the game many others do.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

Well yeah, that's probably it, if you're on a rampage the police just is too hard to beat.

But I recall that you said you never got caught or killed by the police so you don't play the game many others do.

lol.. Reminds me of my friend.  The guy can't play GTA without killing everyone all the time and then gets angry when the cops show up and kill him.

Im like dude... Stop being so much heat.  And he just sits there with a stupid look on his face like im the crazy one.

:D

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

It's always the same here, even before the release. You get called a whiner just because you don't like a feature in the game. No way to have a discussion with brain dead users

Only brain dead users around are the ones convinced that by coming on here and bitching theyre doing something useful with their time. This is nothing more then a meme thread. They come on here...bitch about something and hope people come in and pat them on the back and say 'youre so right...i completely agree with you'...but this is done every five minutes here. Someone comes along and feels the need to start a new thread about the same topic thats been done 100 times already. And nothing new is said, no new ideas or useful insights are made.

I wont deny the game has issues. But the 'issues' that are brought up are playerside, not game. OMG THE COPS! No its not the cops. Its the player. You want to stand out in the open and totally mow down cops like its some zombie game...the cops arent supposed to shoot you, the cops arent supposed to chase you..the cops arent supposed to make it difficult for you to make your get away....If all of that is true WTF are the cops doing in the game? The same illogical attitude is applied to every other topic thats been bitched about on this forum. People rather cry then apply themselves to a challenge.

LzInFaMouSzL
  • LzInFaMouSzL

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

Theres probably a hundred threads about this same thing...Please stop bogging up the forum with your individual whining...

Last time I checked this was a forum to discuss GTA & it's not like someone is standing there w/ a gun pointed @ ur head & forced you to click on this thread. This is clearly an issue within the game & most people want to talk about it, so next time you see "Police" in the title of a thread keep it moving..

lwalsh00
  • lwalsh00

FC Halifax Town supporter

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

4. Police are too accurate with guns, and can hit your car's wheels from miles away, and can kill you in just a moment.

This is because you are dealing with trained police officers, of course they'll have near-100% accuracy.

Lordgodofhell
  • Lordgodofhell

Real life ghost

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

To answer the op no, I do not see the police as needing to be toned down. GTA's police system is famous for its kamikaze style AI.

I see your points as exaggerated. They chase because you either commit a crime or aggro them. They don't instantly know when you have broken the law. I have killed people in the city and driven away with no wanted levels. When you do get wanted (one star) you have a good amount of time to escape before they show up.

I also don't think the police sight cone is a mile long.

If you don't take down the helicopter as soon as you see it, expect them to pile up because you are taking too long to destroy them.

My advice would be always wear super heavy body armor and head for tunnels once things escalate into 4 and 5 stars. This keeps choppers off of you which makes the battle more one dimensional.

Another thing you could do to take away the cop's sense of added power is hop on a train and shoot while on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users