Photo

Xbox buzzkilled my GTA Online mood...

66 replies to this topic
LeeKuper
  • LeeKuper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Well kinda to sum this up, this topic was supposed to SHARE the opinion about the fairness of getting Gold just to play online.

Unsurprisingly it turned out to be a console war, antisemitic/racist comments and all that sh*t.

So let's try again...

I think that Xbox should allow you to play online games if you are a former Gold member.

What do you think?

Imaeechew
  • Imaeechew

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

I think that Xbox should allow you to play online games if you are a former Gold member.

What do you think?

I am sorry but you are really not making much sense. Why as a business would Microsoft do this? That is like saying, "I once had a subscription to Sports Illustrated, it ran out, but they should still send me the magazines" If you don't pay you don't play.

I think however you are just looking to start a pointless argument. 

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

What do you think?

I am sorry but you are really not making much sense. Why as a business would Microsoft do this? That is like saying, "I once had a subscription to Sports Illustrated, it ran out, but they should still send me the magazines" If you don't pay you don't play.

I think however you are just looking to start a pointless argument. 

+1

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

I think X-Box should allow you to play online games for free, and that's it. 

If they don't want to offer their stupid damn avatar thing, or the chat room where you can be on the mic with other players, don't let them. 

But the fact they don't let people play online, which every other system allows for free at this point? It's kinda sick to me. And it's not like Microsoft is hurting for money. 

That's just my theory on it. 

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

With xbox live, you get what you pay for. Ive been paying for xbox live for over 4 years and haven't been disappointed. How often does it go down? Hardly ever. sh*t, I used to pay 15 dollars a month to play wow back in the day and never bitched about that, you can get a YEAR off Amazon for about 40 bucks. Thats nothing, devide that by 12 and decide if you're that broke or not.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

As far as I've read, sony's got plans on making online subscription based as well, maybe just for the ps4 though who knows, I've only read very little regarding.

Either way, it's not really surprising for a lot of things these days to be subscription based. To add to what someone else said, people spend hundreds of dollars a year on game like WoW, and don't complain xboxlive is only like.. $5 a month. The argument about buying the console and game therefor playing online should be free doesn't apply.. People buy PCs, pay for their internet service, buy the game, and still have to pay to play in a lot of cases and that's only for one game, a lot of people play several. No complaints there. Why?

Again, like someone else said: You get what you pay for, and the quality of xboxlive is pretty worth it for $5-$10 a month.

WildmouseX
  • WildmouseX

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

I just bought a 3 month card from walmart for $25, the online calculator says that would be 88.83 ILS. find someone in the U.S. you trust - have them buy a card - paypal them the money and have them e-mail you the code.

BlackeyGRAM
  • BlackeyGRAM

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:51 PM Edited by BlackeyGRAM, 28 September 2013 - 11:52 PM.

Shoulda got a ps3 my nig xbox is for 30 year old men with short pony tails
  • _KC and THE DRAGOON like this

ThatGooblin
  • ThatGooblin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

Lol, not to mention my copy of GTA: V came on one disk because I own the better console of the two, actually gta inspired me to switch since i was going to have to buy a gold card so i traded in my sh*t for a better console that i don't have to pay. BUT, I CHOOSE to pay for because they give me benefits other than a requirement to play online. Well I had no issue installing GTA V but I have read online xbox has had trouble? Weird, and not to mention my 20 gb hard drive since I was dedicated since day 1 wouldn't have had enough space unless I wanted to delete my saves, dlc, and other things needed to play the rest of games in my library, now I own one ps3 game and a ton of games on my 500 gb hard drive! Damn what a choice i made.

• _KC likes this

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:59 AM

The increasing stupidity in this thread hurts me upon reading.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

I like how none of you know about ps+ which is what gold membership is

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:31 AM Edited by tre288, 29 September 2013 - 03:34 AM.

Xboxlive offers some sort of "free game deal" as well, just like PS+, there's really no difference. From what little I've read, come the time ps4 rolls around, playstation is going to be subscription based to simply play online as well.

Why can't people just enjoy their own console of choice instead of dumping on the choices someone else they aren't even acquainted with has gone with? Why are people so focused on the lives and personal choices of another? Both products are essentially identical, machines for entertainment. Next gen they get even more identical, I have a hard time understanding fanboy-ism.

This whole thread has just boiled down to a fanboy slap-fight, yet the increasing stupidity draws me back each time..

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

Xbox doesn't really have a better multiplayer system. I have the Xbox and PS3 and the only different in my opinion are the release dates and cross chat. I used to play the Xbox because of the cross chat but after preordering my PS4, I decided to switch back to my PS3. No way I'm going to keep paying Microsoft for a yearly subscription just to play older games. 

• RDR-Detox likes this

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

One thing I have noticed going to friends houses and watching them play cod and other games on ps3, it seems like hardly anyone on ps3 owns a mic. Why is that?

ThatGooblin
  • ThatGooblin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

Xboxlive offers some sort of "free game deal" as well, just like PS+, there's really no difference. From what little I've read, come the time ps4 rolls around, playstation is going to be subscription based to simply play online as well.

Why can't people just enjoy their own console of choice instead of dumping on the choices someone else they aren't even acquainted with has gone with? Why are people so focused on the lives and personal choices of another? Both products are essentially identical, machines for entertainment. Next gen they get even more identical, I have a hard time understanding fanboy-ism.

This whole thread has just boiled down to a fanboy slap-fight, yet the increasing stupidity draws me back each time..

Yeah I was you once, until i got a ps3 haha you literally won't know until you find out yourself. Don't talk on a subject you're uneducated about. Please it makes your look stupid. Coming from someone (me) that has been on both consoles, and isn't a fanboy I look out for the company that suits the consumer not the other way around.

ThatGooblin
  • ThatGooblin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

One thing I have noticed going to friends houses and watching them play cod and other games on ps3, it seems like hardly anyone on ps3 owns a mic. Why is that?

Well simply because the console doesn't include it and they realize that with the ps4 now launching with a mic. Not only that but people on playstation network are cheap, because they normally don't pay for ps+ but they are missing out on all 18 free games a month..whether it be a mix of ps3, psp ,and ps vita games.

JimmyJoeJames
  • JimmyJoeJames

I'ma hero. My methods are just different from yours.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:26 AM

As far as online is concerned xbox is actually the better one :p

As for changing consoles its alot more expensive then gold membership :p

I just got a PS3 a month ago and I'm not seeing the advantage of paying like I did with my old 360.

Smallo92
  • Smallo92

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

ps3 > box. 

box is a calculator
PS3 is master race

poster is a fanboy who can't just enjoy gaming.
agreed, you're clearly not much of a debater. the only thing I wish is that one day we have cross platform online so everyone can play together and stop arguing about who's console it better; honestly there's gripes about each one...

cross platform multiplayer would be cool, but then we'd hear about how so and so is "pro" because controller x is better than controller y, we'll honestly never hear the end of it. There's always something.

Why can't we just play games to play games, instead of validating self worth based on which console you've purchased?

On topic, I have both consoles, and I have to say that personally I find the quality of xboxlive and playing online better than on the playstation network. Paying for it isn't that big of a deal, and if you can't afford it, I think there should be bigger priorities in your life.
There is such thing as cross platform gaming. Oh wait not for sh*tbox360 because they can't handle it. Ps3 has plenty of games that you can play cross platform. I play ffxiv with my pc friends all the time. same with Dust 514/eve and others.

Portal 2 and Team Fortress 2 are cross platform between Xbox360 and PC.

AFG RUS
  • AFG RUS

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Alright looks like I have to say it first YOU f*ckING CHEAP JEWISH BASTARD I WISH HITLER WOULD KILL YOU ALL

Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

This is an outrage, to my opinion. What do you think?

What I think is that it's old news (as in, almost a decade) that you need a Gold membership to play online. You're just discovering this now?

• Don 'de Medici' likes this

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:42 AM Edited by Hitchens, 29 September 2013 - 08:46 AM.

Is this thread really about to turn into a console war? Fanboys... Go get some pussy please...

Wow, was just reading, laughing at the console remarks, until I saw this stupid sh*t.

Is this the solution to all "YOUR" problems, if so keep it that way.

YOU keep putting "pussy" on a pedestal, that's YOUR sh*t.

Also, if pussy is so important to you, why the f*ck are you on GTA forums, instead of getting pussy?

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

Are you complaining that you can't use Xbox Live because you can't pay for it? So you think that Microsoft should allow you to play if you WERE a member?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Im dying trying to type this lmfao

• ONEkingscar likes this

RDR-Detox
  • RDR-Detox

lllNamelesslll

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

Xbox doesn't really have a better multiplayer system. I have the Xbox and PS3 and the only different in my opinion are the release dates and cross chat. I used to play the Xbox because of the cross chat but after preordering my PS4, I decided to switch back to my PS3. No way I'm going to keep paying Microsoft for a yearly subscription just to play older games. 

Yeah I have both to, and all it really comes down to is which controller you prefer tbh (The rest is more or less the same)

I bought GTA V for the 360 because I prefer the 360 controller for shooters

Thebigmoose
  • Thebigmoose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

no one cares if youre a cheap c*nt

• ONEkingscar likes this

33oH
  • 33oH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Alright looks like I have to say it first YOU f*ckING CHEAP JEWISH BASTARD I WISH HITLER WOULD KILL YOU ALL

wow your a f*cking troll. i didnt take it that far. you nazi bitch

DSO_BillV
  • DSO_BillV

Spooky Scary Skeleton

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

Holy sh*t, was I late to the fanboy war slash racial tension party?

Has our inept hatred toward ourselves led to the derailing of this thread?

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:27 PM Edited by tre288, 29 September 2013 - 03:43 PM.

Yeah I was you once, until i got a ps3 haha you literally won't know until you find out yourself. Don't talk on a subject you're uneducated about. Please it makes your look stupid. Coming from someone (me) that has been on both consoles, and isn't a fanboy I look out for the company that suits the consumer not the other way around.

I own both consoles. Don't talk on a subject you're uneducated about, please.. it make you look stupid.

You look doubly stupid now because I have already said this, all you had to do was read.

VillNess
  • VillNess

Apina

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

ps3 > box. 

box is a calculator
PS3 is master race

poster is a fanboy who can't just enjoy gaming.
agreed, you're clearly not much of a debater. the only thing I wish is that one day we have cross platform online so everyone can play together and stop arguing about who's console it better; honestly there's gripes about each one...

cross platform multiplayer would be cool, but then we'd hear about how so and so is "pro" because controller x is better than controller y, we'll honestly never hear the end of it. There's always something.

Why can't we just play games to play games, instead of validating self worth based on which console you've purchased?

On topic, I have both consoles, and I have to say that personally I find the quality of xboxlive and playing online better than on the playstation network. Paying for it isn't that big of a deal, and if you can't afford it, I think there should be bigger priorities in your life.
There is such thing as cross platform gaming. Oh wait not for sh*tbox360 because they can't handle it. Ps3 has plenty of games that you can play cross platform. I play ffxiv with my pc friends all the time. same with Dust 514/eve and others.

Portal 2 and Team Fortress 2 are cross platform between Xbox360 and PC.

Portal 2 is cross platform with PS3 and PC. 360 can only play with other 360 users... Not sure about Team Fortress 2 but what I checked Google quickly I read it doens't have cross platform with 360 either (only PC/Mac cross)

Nurkic
  • Nurkic

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

ps3 > box. 

box is a calculator

PS3 is master race

You know you're retarded when you call

a console a ''Race''.
LOL!

ONEkingscar
  • ONEkingscar

The stealth toker

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Really?You are so pissed that you decided to make a thread on how you can't play online because you have silver!?You are either really stupid or you are trying to troll because EVERYONE has known that Xbox Live makes you pay to play online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users