» «

RDR map seems bigger to me than GTA 5's map

64 replies to this topic
  • Daniel_B

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

If anyone wants to say that V's map is smaller than they expected, that's cool.  Everyone's expectations are different.  But smaller than RDR?  Really?  One of the only criticisms I had with RDR was how frickin' tiny the map felt once you'd gotten familiar with it.  I mean, it's not quite GTA III, VC sort of small, but it's a fraction of V, and probably even smaller than SA and IV...

• wallpaper42 likes this

• apoapsis1001

Player Hater

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:35 PM Edited by apoapsis1001, 29 September 2013 - 09:36 PM.

i cant believe this is even being debated.  red deads map is ungodly smaller compared to GTAV. your means of travel are on foot and a f*cking horse. yeah its gonna seem like its taking longer than flying a f*cking hydra military jet across the map. lol. 

1st of all it isn't because it is smaller it is that it seems bigger not that is necessarily bigger.
2nd of all it is a lazer not a hydra.

and 3rd of all, you're a huge c*nt...

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

It was easy to remember all the locations in RDR and SA. I keep getting confused on all the locations in GTA V.

This. I was about to travel to Tongva Valley to "Jetski" on the river, but I got lost in the very vast countryside.

I was sidetracked by the very peaceful scenery, and the very steep hills prevented me from venturing forth, so I went the other way around... :D gppd ,e,proes/

I don't even know how it even is possible to get lost in this map. I mean, even a person who had no idea about the mapping thread before the release of the game ( unlike me ), can ALWAYS see the gigantic Chiliad sitting right on the northern end of the map, and thus, can orient themselves. 

The map is pretty basic: City -> desert - > Alamo Sea -> Chiliad.

On the west and the east: Mountaintaintaintaintah ( read in Trevor's style ( opening mission ) ). In between is a military base ( on the west ); there are these windmills ( on the east ).

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

One reason can also be that RDR is landlocked and all you see in the far distance is land giving the illusion it goes far and beyond whereas like every GTA, GTA V is just a big island.

That and the clever map design. I mean, we can't see The Nekoti Rock mountain from most of Mexico, unlike in V, where we can see Chiliad and Joshua everywhere.

• Graven

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

You have to remember RS talked about landmass, not squaremiles.
Yet every comparision You see is overlayed maps. That kind of comparision would be valid only if all maps were flat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users