Photo

Your opinion on the music in GTAV

118 replies to this topic
LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Imo the OST in this game is not good / not my cup of tea at all.

I am not really sure what the devs were thinking when the made the OST choice for GTAV.

Almost every radio station's music is kinda bad.

I only like 3 songs:

Straight up to Menace

Mis Teeq Scandalous

Modjo Lady

Also where is the classic channel? No classic music at all?

My last sandbox game was sleeping dogs and hell the OST there was so good. Almost every second song was pretty awesome.

Look up for Sleeping dogs for some sick tracks.

Is there an option in GTAV to only play the songs you like?

Anyway this is just my opinion. Maybe other ppl like the GTAV OST.

• AsianCho likes this

James-Earl-Cash
  • James-Earl-Cash

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

I like the hardcore punk station.

• IveGotNoValues likes this

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

The reason why there was barely any classic music was because the game is suppose to capture the modern Los Angeles vibe, therefore they put music that was much newer and less older stuff.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

I think the OST is okay but yeah it would've been awesome if they got the same guy who did Sleeping Dogs. His name is Shawn Lee and he also did the soundtrack for Bully which is probably my favorite soundtrack of any video game.

As for the stations I like a lot of different genres and I think they made good choices for the most part. My favorite genre is electronic and they f*cked up with that though. Soulwax is boring.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

Harem Jutsu

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Each radio station has like 5 songs  :/

I just leave my radio off and play my own music.

• Sharks80fr likes this

HairyCallahan
  • HairyCallahan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

I love most country songs and the rockstation. Not much wrong with the music, allthough I would like more songs per radio station. I think there are only 10-15 country songs. Is there a way to upload your own music?

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

I think it's great. Love Los Santos Rock when driving against the sunset on the freeway with Radio Ga-ga blasting. Or Music Sounds Better With you from Non-stop pop. I think they nailed in with the mix of modern crap and 80's music this time. Much much better then GTA IV soundtrack. 

Then there is that f*cking latin music sh*t radio that is as much vomit as that dancehall station in GTA IV. I almost wanted to just kill myself every time i played pool and that f*cking dancehall sh*t was in the background. The Latin radio is the only sh*t.

Then we have Radio Mirror Park which have some very good songs but i wish i could've choosed some of the songs. Like Neon Indians Change of Coast. I would've had his song Polish Girl instead. And i would've change some of the artists to some other in the same genre but overall it is a good radio station.

Then there is alot of great cruising songs on all pf the other stations. Alot of house and electronica. And the soul and funk and of course the west coast rap. I understand why they have to have a modern hip hop station but i hate modern ''hip-hop'' so i've barely listened to that.

Overall it's a great soundtrack and the OST is fantastic too. Its way better than GTA IV and slightly below San Andreas. San Andreas also had crap like the funk station but they had Radio X CSR and SF-UR which has to be there with the best stations ever in GTA history. And a bit more below Vice City and Vice City Stories cause, obviously it's the 80's and nothing can beat that. And on par with Liberty City Stories even though LCS had one of the best house station there can be.

I would give the soundtrack an 8/10 for the many driving songs. The OST is a 10/10. It's brilliant.

Vin89
  • Vin89

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

Too many stations with too few songs if you ask me. It would've been better to have fewer stations with more songs. 

Kendoyid
  • Kendoyid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

few good songs but i agree,the music is in this is the worst of any gta.

FEDE_snma_ITA
  • FEDE_snma_ITA

Shipped up to Boston

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

The music is not bad, i would have liked a jazz station and fewer stations with more songs.
I would give it 7,5-8/10.

CresantMoon
  • CresantMoon

Under the willows

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Radio ga-ga was probably one of the only songs I liked. the songs aren't too bad tho

Mongonor
  • Mongonor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

Music in GTA V sucks compared to previous releases

N.W.D.V
  • N.W.D.V

Mr. Jam needs a clean!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

It's a mixed bag, really. I've no issue with there being quite a few stations because the more eclectic the music is, the better. However, I feel there are too few songs on each station which gets boring rather fast.  The talk Radio is as excellent as ever though.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Narcissistic Introvert

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:17 PM Edited by Waldie, 28 September 2013 - 01:20 PM.

I think it's decent. Not great but decent. I think the ingame score is terrific, especially the Tangerine Dream sounding stuff. It's reminiscent of The Journey.

West Coast Classics - Pretty Good. Get that old Radio Los Santos feel.

Radio Los Santos - sh*te. One good track - whatever the one in Franklin's trailer was. 

Los Santos Rock Radio - Probably my favourite. Not as good as previous rock stations but a lot of good tunes anyway. Too many to list.

Non Stop Pop FM - Second favourite. It's got Stardust for starters. Some crap on there but a few good tunes. Especially the 80's stuff.

Lowdown FM - Never really listened to it. Doesn't sound my like kind of music.

Rebel Radio - Good for driving through the desert. Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way ftw.

Soulwax FM - Disappointing. Was hoping this fill a void left by Electrochoc but from I've heard so far, it's bland, uninteresting noise.

Space 103.2 - Feels like I'm listening to Fever 105 :^:

Vinewood Boulevard Radio - Meh

Channel X - Again, meh. They're both alright but I think that's one rock station too many. 

Blue Ark FM - What is it with GTA and f*cking reggae? I don't dislike it but I'm kind of fed up with it. Night nurse is the only one I like. 

East Los FM 106.2 - Fun, catchy. Autos, Moda y Rock and Roll!

Worldwide FM - Multicultural bore fest.

Radio Mirror Park - Annoying hipster bullsh*t aside, surprisingly likeable. Sleepwalking and Do you believe?

FlyLo FM - Crap. I hate it when R* gives some punk artist a whole station to themselves.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

I thought the music was very good. Not only the score, but I liked a lot of the actual songs too, which isn't very common for me when I play open world games. Been listening to the two rock stations, the two rap/hiphop stations, and the pop station, and I'm enjoying most of it.

Toby dog
  • Toby dog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

i like the country songs playing in the country, gives me a good feeling. 

i used to do that in gta SA too

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Beside flylow fm I like it.

Whats with that flylow f*cker?? I was looking forward to an electronic station but this is bullsh*t and boring, only good track is windowlicker.

Man I hate this lotus idiot.

jake147258
  • jake147258

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

It'd be good to make a custom playlist station like saints row. Theres good music in this game, but it's scattered between all stations, i'm constantly finding myself changing channels all the time, where in IV they had one channel for a type of music (Radio was always set to electro choc in IV)

Constantfluxation
  • Constantfluxation

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

Where the classical station? I miss driving around like a sir.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Unlike past GTAs, I don't really have just two radio stations to listen to, as there are 2-3 songs on each that I like.  I like Scandalous from the Pop station, that Stevie Wonder (the GTAV trailer music) song that is on SPACE, Lazerbeams on Soulwax (well okay, Soulwax is the one station that is great no matter what), etc.  

I wish they would have listed the stations and songs in the instruction manual though.  -_-

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

OST is good, one song which I specifically like is the one when flying with a plane. I don't know why, it just feels great. I don't remember other music from the actual OST, but I have no complaints about the radio either. I like a lot of songs in there, such as all the trailer songs and some other songs which weren't in trailers, like Scandalous and Modjo - Lady Hear Me Tonight (I think that was the song's name...)

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

I like the score but wish they still had a station like "Journey." I didn't like the music at first but like in all GTAs, it grows on me. The DJs feel too real, not enough a parody of themselves... But maybe I'm not familiar enough yet.

huiAPPOAJ
  • huiAPPOAJ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

What? Preorder cancelled!

OGCFB
  • OGCFB

Emperor Eye

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:46 PM Edited by OGCFB, 28 September 2013 - 05:46 PM.

Imo the OST in this game is not good / not my cup of tea at all.

I am not really sure what the devs were thinking when the made the OST choice for GTAV.

Almost every radio station's music is kinda bad.

I only like 3 songs:

Straight up to Menace

Mis Teeq Scandalous

Modjo Lady

Also where is the classic channel? No classic music at all?

My last sandbox game was sleeping dogs and hell the OST there was so good. Almost every second song was pretty awesome.

Look up for Sleeping dogs for some sick tracks.

Is there an option in GTAV to only play the songs you like?

Anyway this is just my opinion. Maybe other ppl like the GTAV OST.

Well I found the radio stations very hit and miss, not even holding a candle to previous GTA (Excluding 1, London, 2, Advance, Chinatown Wars) radio stations. I like the official score though that plays in missions and when the radio is off etc.

thenamesbeer
  • thenamesbeer

Mushroom cloud layin' motherfu**er, motherfu**er.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

I thought the stations were really good. You people do realise that they have 25m+ people to please with this music, so if you don't like say, Vinewood Boulevard but like a few of the stations, then that doesn't make it a crap soundtrack.

AsianCho
  • AsianCho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

I think it's total sh*t. I don't care what anyone says.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

still looking for a way to import my tracks into the radio. 

while doing this, still looking for the custom radio station icon on the wheel.....

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

#1 Dinka Thrust Fan

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:29 PM Edited by chainsoar, 28 September 2013 - 06:31 PM.

Then there is that f*cking latin music sh*t radio that is as much vomit as that dancehall station in GTA IV. I almost wanted to just kill myself every time i played pool and that f*cking dancehall sh*t was in the background. The Latin radio is the only sh*t.

Massive B wasn't that bad, jesus christ.

On topic, music selection is good, but there could be more. Talk shows on the radio are also lacking. 'Chakra Attack' is good and Ron's conspiracy bullsh*t on BCR is pretty funny but there's no 'Martin Serious' or 'Judge Grady' stuff here that I want to listen to again and again.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

What? Preorder cancelled!

How's it a pre-order anymore? Lol.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

I love most country songs and the rockstation. Not much wrong with the music, allthough I would like more songs per radio station. I think there are only 10-15 country songs. Is there a way to upload your own music?

when you say this, this makes me feel more and more that ppl will end up doing a LOT of micro transactions in mulit player,  Just so they can get the customization they want.

Want more than 3-5 songs per station?  Buy a music pack bundle of 15-20 songs per station for $9.99 USD. Have limitless access to songs for $19.99.

Want fingerless gloves to customize that heist outfit with the pig head? Buy it at the nearest Bincos for $0.99 USD

Want more clothing/jewelry/car/furniture for your house customization? Buy the respective bundle for $X etc. etc.

Yeah I'm paranoid. And yeah, R* has every perogative to find the most efficient and creative way to monetize their franchise. 

But de-scoping single player and reserving all of the best custom features and content for online makes them look a lot like the EA-Borg   >,<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users