Photo

whats up with the white text ?

5 replies to this topic
poff
  • poff

Squid

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

I mean, i copy something from the other post, and you get something like white text ? Whats up with that ? 

Take a look at my last post in this http://gtaforums.com...-give-up/page-2 topic ?

if anyone could answer ty

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

I've made it visible now.

The problem is that when you copy something over, it not only copies the text but the formatting as well. I believe the admins are aware of this issue and are working towards fixing it. In the meantime, whenever you want to copy something, copy it to Notepad first and then copy that over here.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:24 AM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 28 September 2013 - 08:25 AM.

-Nevermind-

VWOer
  • VWOer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Also note that IPB offers a remove formatting option. It's the small eraser tool at the top left (second button from the left). This will remove any formatting that has been applied. Aditionally, you can also paste as plain text directly, using the second paste icon at the top right (between the paste button and paste from Word button). That should solve the issue as well :)

If you want to use the good old BBcodes, you may also disable the new editor with the switch button at the top left (next to the eraser tool). If you paste text in the editor using the old editor, it won't copy the formatting either.

• Girish likes this

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

Also note that IPB offers a remove formatting option. It's the small eraser tool at the top left (second button from the left).

Ha! And here I was thinking that this is something that needs to be switched off via the admin cp. I was going to scream at Tank, but you saved me the blushes.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Actually this is not even a bug :p It's a feature of this and any WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor so it'd require quite some modification in order to remove the feature.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users