Quantcast

» «
Photo

Zombie Free Roam

83 replies to this topic

Poll: Zombie Free Roam (228 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you pay for a zombie free roam

1. Yes (156 votes [68.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.42%

2. No (72 votes [31.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

One of the things I always wanted from Red Dead was for the Zombies to be in free roam.  I saw a GTA IV mod with Zombies in it and it was pretty good. Would you pay for a Zombie free roam mode?

RajunCajun88
  • RajunCajun88

PS4 Car Meets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

No. We already have Undead Nightmare. If R decides to make a survival type game, it's GOING to be aliens...

• BrosGHOST likes this

leon3789
  • leon3789

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

I would pay for it (I'm a sucker for zombies, I'm sorry :p) but I would prefer something else, like aliens or something, but I want a DLC like RDR undead nightmare in some form, be it zombies or something else, and for it to be in MP as well.

C4-_-GIBBfather
  • C4-_-GIBBfather

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

No i would not pay, or play for that matter :) zombies belong in zombie games imo :)

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

Yeah I would, It would be SO much fun.

It would be cool if they gave players the ability to claim bases and fortify them. Maybe add a few random events where we could save surviving npcs and bring them to our safe house/base. (Example: Claim a LS customs, save a mechanic who now unlocks more car customization options for your crew.)

Maybe players would have to make supply runs for food, guns and ammunition (unless you have already claimed an Ammu-nation as a safe house.) to keep survivors alive/nourished. Also players wouldn't have to be a "good" guy, they could get their crew together and take over another crews safe house. Maybe raid afew other locations along the way.

Think about it, with the amount of people living in Los Santos/Blaine County, its entirely realistic to see the freeways completely packed with abandoned cars/zombified corpses. Streets with roaming hordes of the undead. Silencers could be given a use, as we would not always be able to drive through some streets (Unless of coarse you get your hands on a tank). Having to sneak through the streets and into buildings/across rooftops.

Stamina of coarse would be extremely useful. Outrunning the undead I think would be everyone's top priority.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

0/10

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

No just no...

MedicinalDoctor
  • MedicinalDoctor

Underboss of The Mangano Crime Family

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:33 AM Edited by MedicinalDoctor, 28 September 2013 - 05:34 AM.

I'd definitely pay for zombies in Free Roam. RedDeadRedemption: Undead Nightmare was fine, the story mode was, at least. I was never satisfied with "Undead Overrun" because of the fact that you had a time limit, and a limited space to play in. If Rockstar put zombies in a free roam in GrandTheftAuto: Online, with the entire map opened, I would buy.

• Mikhail Borovsky likes this

Solid Snack
  • Solid Snack

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:05 AM

If this is something Rockstar really expects to last for a very long time. It would be cool for them to have some type of special events. Say around Halloween there were zombies around the city. I would be down for that.

DubYaBush
  • DubYaBush

GTAo - BHoD

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

No. We already have Undead Nightmare. If R decides to make a survival type game, it's GOING to be aliens...

OMG! YES! I would Love for it to be Aliens!:D

KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:33 AM

If R decides to make a survival type game, it's GOING to be aliens...

I really hope not

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

I'd definitely pay for a zombie mode free roam. As previous poster said, Undead Nightmare was good for SP, but the liited MP experience wasn't great.

A walking dead type of scenario of having to make food runs, supplies etc would be great, as would the idea of gangs competing for supplies.

A repeat of UN's limited co-op would be very disappointing ho.

I personally don't find the aliens idea appealing, tho i understand there are obviously people who would much prefer that.

I think a proper survival mode would be that you could only get ammo from locations around the city, but even the safe house would come under regular attacks (but no ammo gained from these) items could be needed to further make your safehouse safer, ie a generator, barbed wire fence, shiz like that

Because of reduced traffic the engine would probably cope with having a lot more peds around too, althouh there would be occasional traffic from rival gangs, military etc, some lone travellers/survivors

Some infected could be very fast moving... oh yeah, infected always works better for me than 'hell is full' type of scenarios

yeah, i'd buy it :)

• MedicinalDoctor likes this

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

Man no, WaW has people stuck on the idea that every game should have a zombie survival mode. No that isn't what GTA is f*cking about.

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Man no, WaW has people stuck on the idea that every game should have a zombie survival mode. No that isn't what GTA is f*cking about.

This. Besides it won't happen, zombies in GTA? I'm done.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

Zombies? Yea, would be a cool Halloween thing.

Aliens? Keep it in Saints Row.
  • TreFacTor and ONEkingscar like this

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Not possible unless you get rid of alot of cars onscreen and limit the zombies on screen to 6 or 8 and maybe lower the player count.

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

i might but i just got state of decay on steam and it's deeper than gta could be.

Mk4013
  • Mk4013

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by Mk4013, 28 September 2013 - 10:05 PM.

Pay? I wouldn't even play free.

Zombies are so f*cking over done it's not funny anymore.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

This. Seems like this game has brought all these new GTA players who want this crap.

Snapabowl
  • Snapabowl

Errl User

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Now that i would pay for.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Oh, f*ck off. All the people saying "No". Would it really bug you? 

"IT WOULD RUIN MY PRESTINE GTA WITH DA OVERHYPE ZOMBIES. URGH." Zombies are fun. God damn hipsters. 

I say go for it. The people who don't like it, can skip it. Like to point out what the majority of the poll is. "Yes". Meaning, casual goers still love it. 

The hardcore elite nerds/hipsters will bitch, but their opinion is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to sales. 

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

"IT WOULD RUIN MY PRESTINE GTA WITH DA OVERHYPE ZOMBIES. URGH." Zombies are fun. God damn hipsters. 

I say go for it. The people who don't like it, can skip it. Like to point out what the majority of the poll is. "Yes". Meaning, casual goers still love it. 

The hardcore elite nerds/hipsters will bitch, but their opinion is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to sales. 

Or.. half the people who voted yes are 10 year olds living in the past that still enjoy zombies. 

SkyArmor
  • SkyArmor

i like trains

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

lol@ the negative people.

DaPieGuy
  • DaPieGuy

You Got Twoglopped!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

I don't really think how a story could be made around it imo but for it to be added to MP would be lots of fun but I wouldn't pay for it. Maybe if it was included in a DLC pack I would.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

Or.. half the people who voted yes are 10 year olds living in the past that still enjoy zombies. 

Or.. get over it? "Living in the past." 

Oh, damn them. They enjoy something that apparently still works in this generation. Shove off. It's just a bunch of damn hipsters who have an issue with it, and that's TRULY all it is. 

'Ew. No. Zombies are too mainstream and overdone. NOT IN MY GTA." 

First off, IT'S GTA. The fact that ZOMBIES would be pushing it, is a serious head scratcher. Secondly, who the f*ck cares? If you don't want it, don't download it. You can easily ignore it. 

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

Or.. get over it? "Living in the past." 

Oh, damn them. They enjoy something that apparently still works in this generation. Shove off. It's just a bunch of damn hipsters who have an issue with it, and that's TRULY all it is. 

'Ew. No. Zombies are too mainstream and overdone. NOT IN MY GTA." 

First off, IT'S GTA. The fact that ZOMBIES would be pushing it, is a serious head scratcher. Secondly, who the f*ck cares? If you don't want it, don't download it. You can easily ignore it. 

Chill out my man. You're making it sound like they officially included zombies in GTA:O. 

Born_Homicidal
  • Born_Homicidal

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:32 AM Edited by Born_Homicidal, 29 September 2013 - 12:37 AM.

no I honestly feel that people should just stop trying to put zombies into every game they touch/like

next people will be asking for a zombie mode in BF 4, Assassins creed 4 (which could make sense in this one), watch dogs, etc...

as for the douche bag who is calling everyone a "hipster" because they don't agree with them just stfu you sound like a dumbass ranting about hipster this hipster that, nerd everything.. go play your retarded COD game if you want zombies so damn bad, or better yet just go play RDR which is actually a good game compared to the pasted COD game..

Im a person who loves to buy every DLC that comes out for games that I enjoy so having to buy this zombie mode you want so bad would bug me because I don't want another damn over hyped mainstream zombie BS.. in which they would most likely make it so you cant play with friends who don't have the same DLC etc.. like most games are doing now.

If it were free then sure why the hell not but to pay no thanks

• DaPieGuy likes this

ExtendUnlimited
  • ExtendUnlimited

What did you say?!

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

Wish they had a free roam with psycho killers or very crazy people, this game needs more crime! 

DaPieGuy
  • DaPieGuy

You Got Twoglopped!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

no I honestly feel that people should just stop trying to put zombies into every game they touch/like

next people will be asking for a zombie mode in BF 4, Assassins creed 4 (which could make sense in this one), watch dogs, etc...

It is a very popular genre which is why lots of games have some sort of feature related to this or a survival mode of some sort. Game companies make whatever is trending in the market and zombies/survival is one of them.

Plus they are easy to implement since they don't need to write any kind of story.

• SideburnGuru likes this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

as for the douche bag who is calling everyone a "hipster" because they don't agree with them just stfu you sound like a dumbass ranting about hipster this hipster that, nerd everything.. go play your retarded COD game if you want zombies so damn bad, or better yet just go play RDR which is actually a good game compared to the pasted COD game..

Im a person who loves to buy every DLC that comes out for games that I enjoy so having to buy this zombie mode you want so bad would bug me because I don't want another damn over hyped mainstream zombie BS.. in which they would most likely make it so you cant play with friends who don't have the same DLC etc.. like most games are doing now.

If it were free then sure why the hell not but to pay no thanks

Oh yeah. Way to go. My hipster insults were bad, but then you went along and threw the damn "COD FAN" punch. 10/10 origianlity, because I'm definitely a CoD fan. 

That's right, jack asses like you believe CoD invented zombies, right? Of course! f*ck the people who actually appreciate George Romero movies, or Shaun Of The Dead, or Left 4 Dead, or just like slaughtering undead bastards that bite you and you turn into them as a good concept for the apoclaypse. It's obvious I'm just a damn CoD fan. Nailed it. 

And yeah, hate to break this to you? It is a hipster thing. Whether you like to admit it or not, that's half the reasoning. "It's so overdone and too mainstream now." Which causes the people not to like it? Hipster. If the reason you don't enjoy something or want it, is primarly the fact it's mainstream and popular, you qualify for one of the many tendencies hipsters have. Hate to break that to you. 

And yeah.. that's your fault. Not anyone elses. The fact you have this "issue" for spending money on DLC you might not even want.. because you "have" to, is the most ridiculous sh*t I've ever heard. ..Well, not that bad, but it's up there.  

People have wanted a zombie mode since GTA 4. It would be nice. A game with GTA's mechanics and it's city with zombies in it, would actually be really good. Do I go onto other games, like Lego DC, or.. LBP, or any other games I like and immeditaly request zombie DLC? No. I just think it'd be quite cool for GTA. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users