» «
Photo

Discussion on GTAO and Heists

8 replies to this topic
StupidAssHeadAss
  • StupidAssHeadAss

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:35 AM Edited by StupidAssHeadAss, 28 September 2013 - 03:40 AM.

If you haven't already read the details on GTAO, Go, here's your chance to get hype.

http://www.rockstarg...auto-online.htm

And for those who've read it, you should already know by now that Heists will be coming at a later date on GTAO. And seeing as how this forum rarely has any discussion on things other then complaints, or how R* fu*ked everybody in the ass, or some sh*t, I thought we could discuss how R* will go about creating heists for online, i'll start by sharing how i believe R* will conduct heists and what i'd like to see in GTAO.

$ How i think R* will let players conduct heists and is no way confirmed in anyway shape or form. $

Once the update drops, players will find their very own planning board available in their own safehouses. With the planning board, players can begin heists missions similar to SP with several waypoints revealing the location of the heist you've selected, the vehicles needed, uniforms, and any tips on where to photograph entire points, exits, alarms, and any other necessity needed to complete the heists as smoothly as possible. essentially SP but with friends. 

$ How I (and possible other people) would like to see done with heists on GTAO $

Remove the hand holding to a bare minimum of showing where your heist is located, and how difficult the heist will be to pull off, IE. robbing a cluckinbells as opposed to a Bank or a LifeInvader building.

From that point on you and your crew, of lets say, four people, now have to decide what role each of you will carry out before and during the heist. So if your crew thinks that a chopper will be useful, have somebody go out and find one, or if you've got cash to spare, buy one. The same goes for vehicles that could possibly give your crew a smoother time during the heist. So lets say two crew members are going out to and obtaining these vehicles, the remaining two will go to the location where the heist will be carried out and scout out the area, ON THEIR OWN. After your crew feels ready and capable of preforming the heist, you and your crew then go out and buy ammo in case things get out of hand, just to be safe. Once the preparations are complete, your crew now has to decide who will, Fly the chopper, dress up and infiltrate the location, drive the getaway, and (if hacking is possible in GTAO), who will hack the heists alarms and what have you. after which, you all execute the plan you've put forward, WITH YOUR CREW, Successfully retrieve your score you and your crew worked hard for, and return to your safehouse to celebrate. Go buy your self a couple strippers, you've earned it :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may have noticed that this is example is nothing more then your basic heist mission, S'because it is. The only thing left out is the handholding present in EVERY SINGLE heist mission in SP. I understand it for the SP, however, I'd like to believe that the people online can think for themselves and are more then capable of teaming up, using what they've learned from the SP, and successfully pull of heists with friends while actually feeling accomplished because you all worked together as a team.

Corny i know, But it's about time a game developer trusts the gamer with how they play their game, especially a game as big and full of potential like GTAO.

So please, opinions are encouraged, tell me and others what you'd like to see in GTAO, And if possible, respect other forum goers, we're all mature here right...?

(says the guy with the FACEASS pic)  

joehdez14
  • joehdez14

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

I'm anxious to get Online :O 

I'm especially anxious for online heists with my homies at school :O

vwnut13
  • vwnut13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

No need to get hyped.

Rockstar already let me down with the single player.  I'm expecting worse game play online.

Roded88
  • Roded88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

No need to get hyped.

Rockstar already let me down with the single player.  I'm expecting worse game play online.

What would you be let down about?? Just the fact that you can screw around with some friends and rob places should be more then enough excitement

joehdez14
  • joehdez14

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

I actually thought this was the worst single player I've played, not because of the missions, but because of how short the game was. 69 missions is not enough!

I wish there would've been at least 100.

Great game though!

StupidAssHeadAss
  • StupidAssHeadAss

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

No need to get hyped.

What would you be let down about?? Just the fact that you can screw around with some friends and rob places should be more then enough excitement

Completely agree, every game's better with Co-op that's for sure.

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

No need to get hyped.

Except when the Online comes out on Tuesday..That wont be possible. Youll have to wait for an unannounced amount of time. Considering the way they worded the announcement. They arent too sure of when theyll be letting us do heists.

So now what other then that can you be excited about? Races?....I can do that on Need for Speed. Gang Fights? I can do that on CoD or Battlefield....Exploring? I can do that in SP.

StupidAssHeadAss
  • StupidAssHeadAss

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

I actually thought this was the worst single player I've played, not because of the missions, but because of how short the game was. 69 missions is not enough!

Great game though!

R* has made it pretty obvious that SP was not their main priority, what with Online having, or going to have 500 missions. it's a shame really, but I'm still pretty f*cking hype about GTAO

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Great game though!

R* has made it pretty obvious that SP was not their main priority, what with Online having, or going to have 500 missions. it's a shame really, but I'm still pretty f*cking hype about GTAO

500 missions. 499 carbon copies of everything we seen so far - go here - shoot him - escape lol - theres no new mechanics / animations in SP to suggest otherwise,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users