Photo

Next GTA in Vice City? Possibly

40 replies to this topic
M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

Too early to Speculate. But the pattern seems to be alternate between Liberty City,Vice,City,San Andreas. So unless they Decide to use a entirely new fiction city it's probably gonna be Vice City. How would you all feel if the next Game was Vice City? I'm Kinda mixed. I mean it would neat see Vice City with Today's Technology, it's hard for me to picture a Modern Vice City Outside the 80's though. As much I liked San Andreas free Roam. I admit I liked Tommy more then CJ and his story was better.

serimos6
  • serimos6

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:15 AM Edited by serimos6, 28 September 2013 - 02:18 AM.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

I hope not  vice city was way  too small

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

GTA 3(Liberty City)  > Vice City > San Andreas > GTA IV (Liberty City) > GTA V (San Andreas)

wat?

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

It could be anywhere right now. Las Venturas, San Fierro, Liberty City.... Heck if they felt like it they could easily just do another game set in Los Santos. We don't know until they make the game. 

Personally, I hope they do an expanded Vice City and the area around it. Maybe have a few neighboring cities (smaller cities than Los Santos but a few of them rather than just one big city). There's a lot they could do with it, but the same could be said about anywhere. 

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:18 AM Edited by M'aiq the Liar, 28 September 2013 - 02:19 AM.

...Since when did it alternate from Liberty City to something else like it? 

The main games settings have been Liberty City,Vice City, San Andreas. So unless they come up with a entirely new city or redo Liberty again, it's probably Vice City for the next city. Unless they decide to go back to their roots if I remember right the 2D games were in London. I've only played GTA 2 though.That was ages ago I can't remember. Pretty sure it was London for the setting.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

I hope not  vice city was way  too small

San Andrea's was small compared to todays standards but V increased it.

Sebor
  • Sebor

Snitch

• Members

I doubt it very much. I think they will be doing multiple cities on the new hardware. Probably will be LC, Vice, Las Venturas, Los Santos & San Fiero all in one map maybe with Carcer city and a city based on San Diego added to it.

AaronWatermelon
  • AaronWatermelon

Square Civilian

• Members

Grand Theft Auto VIce

soldat89
  • soldat89

Prankster

• Members

i was hoping GTA5 would be vice city but i really hope that VI will take place in vice city

imagine 80s miami in next gen HD 0_0

• M'aiq the Liar likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

I doubt it very much. I think they will be doing multiple cities on the new hardware. Probably will be LC, Vice, Las Venturas, Los Santos & San Fiero all in one map maybe with Carcer city and a city based on San Diego added to it.

It's thoughts like this that make us disappointed in the actual titles. 

1) It's impossible. GTA is a parody of America. It uses fictional states but it is still America. Liberty is somewhere in New York or that region, Vice City is in Florida, and San Andreas is near California. 

2) The work involved would be massive. 

3) The story would be a mess to get us to visit all of those locations and missions would either be spread thin or the entire game would be full of small but less interesting missions. 

It is possible someday for all of these places to exist in GTA Online but definitely not the next singleplayer game. If they announce anything like that I'm going to be very concerned about the next game. 

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:24 AM Edited by NYdreamz, 28 September 2013 - 02:26 AM.

vice city on next gen would amazing.... i could picture how colorful that game would be on next gen... i could see them giving us a cuban protag as well....

speaking of colorful on next gen tho.... could you imagine los venturas ????? that would be insane

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

Didn't one of the Housers say their dream GTA would allow the player to fly between several cities?

I have a feeling that might be a possibility with next-gen tech, Vice City included, of course.

NickSimo
  • NickSimo

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

Laughing at how people are already thinking about the next game.

• Philminator likes this

TheDon856
  • TheDon856

I am the one who knocks

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

I would love to see the next game set in Vice City. GTA VC was one of my favorite in the series. But honestly, with the next game on next gen consoles, Rock Star could probably do more than one city which would be even better imo. 

grandola
  • grandola

Southern Comfort

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

They'll use an updated GTA IV, an updated GTA V and create a new san fiero, las venturas, and vice city - put it all together and we get: GTA online... With "seasons" for different DLC SP stories... Meanwhile the online continues to develop. They can create sooo many SP campaignes with the world already set...

They could go out and get writers like from breaking bad, Ray Donovan, dexter, sons of anarchy, etc...
They could hire them to create stories set in the world and R* could work with them to create missions.... That would be the sh*t!

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

Why? I was just curious to see how people would feel about a Redone Vice City?  

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:33 AM Edited by SmoothGTA, 28 September 2013 - 02:36 AM.

Haha, I was wondering how long it would take for a location thread to show up. Personally I'd love to hit up Vice City in HD. With some surrounding areas of course. However if I was getting my hopes up, I'd say LC and Vice with the ability to freely fly between the two.

Las Venturas is on the table too, as well as San Fierro. I prefer the Bay Area myself, but I could understand if people didn't want another game in Cali right away.

Edit: The Benz was quoted as saying all GTA cities in one game was a dream or goal of R*

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

Vice city was ugly

NickSimo
  • NickSimo

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

This may not be the case for you but it seems everyone just always wants more and more, we are finally given GTA V but now we're speculating about the next one !

soldat89
  • soldat89

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

Vice city was ugly

it was a gorgeous game for its time. way better looking than LC and SA on PS2 graphics

http://2.bp.blogspot... Vice City3.jpg

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

A redone Vice City would be amazing. I'd love a throwback to the 80s, but a current day era would work as well. They can't really do another Scarface clone, so they'd have to do a new story. I'd love to see one focused on a dirty property tycoon that runs the city. There was a great construction boom in Miami in the 80s and it still is a hotbed for construction. It'd be a great storyline.

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

This may not be the case for you but it seems everyone just always wants more and more, we are finally given GTA V but now we're speculating about the next one !

I'm still having fun with V. I admit I rushed through first time only doing storyline. I've restarted to make different choices. I'm also playing all the strangers and freaks the bounty hunter missions with Trevor are a blast.

Beta123
  • Beta123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

it would be great if they allowed us to fly between different cities, i think they could do it on next gen. they have the money and tech.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

Why? 

Kipsta
  • Kipsta

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

In theory, yes. Vice City was my favourite GTA (I didn't say the best, I said my favourite)

Whether it is in VC, San Fierro or Las Venturas, I'm really interested and excited to see what type of GTA they can produce next-gen.

Is it going to be 1 step forward but 2 steps back like San Andreas to IV? Regardless, I am pumped!

SavageSalad
  • SavageSalad

#nojetpack

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

On next gen they should be able to have Vice City and then the whole state of Florida too.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

GTA 3(Liberty City)  > Vice City > San Andreas > GTA IV (Liberty City) > GTA V (San Andreas)

wat?

GTA 1 went Liberty City > San Andreas (based on San Francisco at the time) > Vice City > London, GTA 2 was in Anywhere USA or something like that, then GTA 3 went to Liberty City, then VC, SA, IV, V, for all we know there is no pattern, the next one could be London, or a completely fictionalized city made to their exact specification like GTA 2.

Xubaca
  • Xubaca

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

Noooo, i hope nop!
They could do a combo city

San fierro & las venturas = win

SavageSalad
  • SavageSalad

#nojetpack

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

Or maybe all of America in one map? (Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas, and everything in between.) 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users