GTA Online MAP

20 replies to this topic
Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

So as rockstar have said they may or may not use old maps like lc or vc for online eventually, so do you think they would use the RDR map as a sort of fun run around in with car type of thing in GTA ONLINE?

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

No

BostonBeatdown4
  • BostonBeatdown4

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

no because rdr isn't part of the GTA universe. down the line we may see LC,VC, and new cities as DLC's, but not for another few years atleast

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Fuuma Kanryo!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:32 AM

no because rdr isn't part of the GTA universe. down the line we may see LC,VC, and new cities as DLC's, but not for another few years atleast

How do you know that?

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

How do you know that?

Common sense man. No way they'll do something like that. That's more of something saints row would do.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Fuuma Kanryo!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:47 AM

How do you know that?

Common sense man. No way they'll do something like that. That's more of something saints row would do.

Only, you don't know. So don't assume you know. Now, why don't you just shut up and wait and see what happens? You have no idea how much R* is dedicating to GTA Online.

• Deathwish91 likes this

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

How do you know that?

Only, you don't know. So don't assume you know. Now, why don't you just shut up and wait and see what happens? You have no idea how much R* is dedicating to GTA Online.

Wow there Rockstar tiger, take it easy. Time will tell.

Snuggly Overlord
  • Snuggly Overlord

Roman Bellic

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:55 AM

How do you know that?

Think about it, it is common sense, adding even a small map to a already large map will not only take a while, I doubt the current gen, or even the next gen consols will be able to take having three large citys in one game, especially when Rockstar want to add many more things to online that will push the limits of any decent gaming platform

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:56 AM Edited by SilencedScream, 28 September 2013 - 02:57 AM.

I don't think it would take a FEW years, but I do think it'd take close to a year.

That said, I actually don't see them much.
The next gen is coming out. 360s and PS3 will slowly begin to faze out. There's not much money to be made from past gen's DLC once the overwhelming majority swaps to the next gen.

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

I'm pretty sure RDR and GTA are not in the same universe. Why are people getting butt hurt because someone said it's not? Come on now think. Red Dead games usually take place during the times of cowboys and all that extra sh*t right? GTA is more modernized and moves along with reality. If that makes sense

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

I'm pretty sure RDR and GTA are not in the same universe. Why are people getting butt hurt because someone said it's not? Come on now think. Red Dead games usually take place during the times of cowboys and all that extra sh*t right? GTA is more modernized and moves along with reality. If that makes sense

So GTA's universe never had a past?

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

Well i'm not talking about universe bullsh*t, way i see it online is different from v, yes it's a prequel but still, i'm just talking to roam around in and have fun just because they are in different universes doesn't mean we can't just have the map to roam in doesn't have to be story related at all

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

I don't think it would take a FEW years, but I do think it'd take close to a year.

That said, I actually don't see them much.
The next gen is coming out. 360s and PS3 will slowly begin to faze out. There's not much money to be made from past gen's DLC once the overwhelming majority swaps to the next gen.

360 is still going to continue to be invested even after XBox1 is released. Even ps4. The 360 still has a TON of games coming in its near future. Just because the next gen consoles are developing, and are about to be released don't think that everyone will switch to the next gen. Sure there are pros to switching but that's not necessarily the case. For example the Ps2, remember that? Well the Ps2 saw support after the launch of the Ps3. One of the best games in the Ps2's library Persona 4, released 2 YEARS after the Ps3 launch. A lot of the big launch games for the Xbox One and Ps4, like Watch Dogs, and Assassin's Creed IV? They'll be on the 360 and Ps3 too? There are exclusives, like Killzone: Shadow Fall and Driveclub for the Ps4, and Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 for the Xbox One, but there's nothing anyone can concretely say is a system seller. Not yet, anyway. 

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:24 AM Edited by GTAHomie420, 28 September 2013 - 05:24 AM.

Pretty sure RDR is in the GTA universe, considering the fact that there is a book called Read Dead Redemption in game that is authored by J Marston.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

Got to keep in mind it would take them some serious time to develop a whole new city and keep it at the same level as GTA V.

They could really pump new cities out...if you were willing to give up the well thought out planning that goes into a GTA game.

You can what you want Fast, Cheap, or Right.  Pick two.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

I don't think the cities will co-exist in one map. Think of how sparse it would seem with only 16 people available...

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

Pretty sure RDR is in the GTA universe, considering the fact that there is a book called Read Dead Redemption in game that is authored by J Marston.

This.

But it wont be online. The terrain is not built for cars and if they wanted to make a modern version it would take years.

Keymaster.Po
  • Keymaster.Po

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

Oh come on. :) Do you want the desert? Go to the desert, it's already in the game. Don't need another game for that. Desert is desert.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

we know liberty city will be online.. there are multiple references to it in gta 5... packie mentions it and collectors edition has 3 special "parents" for online character all from liberty city.

they also said they would like to eventually include the entire gta universe... including las venturas san fierro and liberty/vice city. It will just take time.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

maybe if GTA V had this you could time travel back to RDR? j/k :p

nowaydawg
  • nowaydawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:08 PM