» «
Photo

Does anyone else think the heists in GTA V are a bitter disappointment

31 replies to this topic
Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:19 PM Edited by Rainbow_Dash, 27 September 2013 - 11:23 PM.

Okay, so the heists are great. Real great. Great planning, great execution. But the premise of each heist is..Well..They piss me off. They're utter bullsh*t. Okay, so first heist is the jewelery heist. Everything goes well. I fork out maybe 4 million by going in stealthy. But guess what? That money ain't going to me or my crew. No, its going to some stupid Mexican motherf*cker with anger issues over a stupid house. Get ready for an angry rant because..WHAT THE f*ck!?? Okay, heists were all they talked about prior to release. That was the big marketing score. Being able to pull off heists. But whats the point when the money isnt even yours? Its stupid. And the jewelry heist ain't even the tip of the iceberg. What about Merryweather? When Lester practically threatens you to put it back in the ocean? What about the bank in the sticks? Sure, the mission is awesome. Its a great time! Its exciting. But then when you stop to think about it, you're just doing all this to buy a f*cking stupid helicopter for those FIB assholes.

The union depository heist is an exception..But thats the ONLY legit heist in the whole game? The only heist where you're doing it for YOU and your crew? Why couldn't they just steal a helicopter for the FIB? Why am I wasting my time doing all these heists for money that doesn't even go to me? Okay, so maybe I'll get a fraction..Like 200,000 for each character in the jewelry heist. But its just the fact that i went through all that awesome stuff, just to give it to that Madrazo asshole. When GTA V was coming out, they made it sound so awesome. I was hoping it would be like "Oh yeah, Micheal and Trevor back in action, becoming billionaires" but nooo..In the end, you're only pulling off the heist for someone else. Look, all the action ingame and all the glorified explosions are awesome. In every heist, I have a blast. But at the end of it, when I look at my balance, I find myself going "Oh..." in disappointment.

I'm a huge Rockstar fan, and I can forgive them for this. But its just the gall of it. The gall of overhyping the heists. Everything else ingame is perfect. But the heists, to me, are the only things that were overhyped. Maybe I'll be happy if GTA Online has some actual legit heists. But until then, this has to be the first time Rockstar has pissed me off.

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

Loved the heists. They were a very refreshing thing they added into the game. While they were all good imo I always felt like the first and last were the best in the game.

• adictoGTA likes this

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by Rainbow_Dash, 27 September 2013 - 11:30 PM.

I'm just saying..Rockstar has you playing as a bitch in GTA V. Through the whole game (With the exception of the Union depository heist), you are a bitch. You're either Madrazo's bitch, Trevors bitch, or the FIB's bitch. The whole game is about you being a bitch. Look, if I'm gonna risk me and my crews life by robbing a bank, that money goes to me. Got it? Me and my boys. Because THAT is a real heist. A heist where the money goes to you. Oh, and I forgot one more example. That stupid Molly girl investing all your money in some...Ah, I dont even give a sh*t enough to remember. But that's another example.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

We Heistin'

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:29 PM Edited by JohnGazman, 27 September 2013 - 11:30 PM.

Two words for you; Stock Market.

Also, Heists are a riot. So no, I don't think they're a disappointment, bitter or otherwise.

I'm just saying..Rockstar has you playing as a bitch in GTA V. Through the whole game (With the exception of the Union depository heist), you are a bitch. You're either Madrazo's bitch, Trevors bitch, or the FIB's bitch. The whole game is about you being a bitch. Look, if I'm gonna risk me and my crews life by robbing a bank, that money goes to me. Got it? Me and my boys. Because THAT is a real heist. A heist where the money goes to you.

All the previous GTAs have you playing as someone else's bitch. If you started off as the Boss there'd be no progression upwards, only down.

Neoflite
  • Neoflite

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

Loved the heists. They were a very refreshing thing they added into the game. While they were all good imo I always felt like the first and last were the best in the game.

^^ This. We just needed moarr of these in the game, quite a lot more. All with their own twist so it wouldn`t feel repetative.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

Two words for you; Stock Market.

Also, Heists are a riot. So no, I don't think they're a disappointment, bitter or otherwise.

I'm just saying..Rockstar has you playing as a bitch in GTA V. Through the whole game (With the exception of the Union depository heist), you are a bitch. You're either Madrazo's bitch, Trevors bitch, or the FIB's bitch. The whole game is about you being a bitch. Look, if I'm gonna risk me and my crews life by robbing a bank, that money goes to me. Got it? Me and my boys. Because THAT is a real heist. A heist where the money goes to you.

All the previous GTAs have you playing as someone else's bitch. If you started off as the Boss there'd be no progression upwards, only down.

Everyone wants the downfall of the hero eventually.

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:33 PM Edited by Ronrollin9434, 27 September 2013 - 11:35 PM.

I like the heists.. but if I were to be 100% completely honest... they felt kind of "phony" to me. GTA games, in the past, have always retained a sort of "authetic" feel to them. But in GTA V, the way things went down seemed rushed, and too "Hollywood" in a sense (no pun intended). I would have hoped that the story would have had more of a "Heat" vibe (the movie). But instead they're running around in heavy armored suits, skydiving out of helicopters, escaping FBI agents by car, and so on...

It had too much of a "contemporary" action movie film vibe to it, rather than a "classic" authentic film vibe that most GTA games from the past have brought us...

Hard to explain, but does anyone know what I'm talking about?

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

I sort of get what you are saying but I still had a lot of fun playing them. That is why I like it when Trevor kidnaps that guy's wife after he doesn't pay him. He is nobody's doormat.

Alsith
  • Alsith

Party!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

Heists were great. Can't wait till Online comes out so I can do them with other people :p

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

I sort of get what you are saying but I still had a lot of fun playing them. That is why I like it when Trevor kidnaps that guy's wife after he doesn't pay him. He is nobody's doormat.

Yeah, see? Trevor gets it. But then asshole Micheal comes along and steals Trevors score. God, I hate Micheal. The guys such a goddamn boy scout.

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

I liked them.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

We Heistin'

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by JohnGazman, 27 September 2013 - 11:40 PM.

Everyone wants the downfall of the hero eventually.

By everyone, I presume that doesn't include me and all the other people who actually don't want the downfall of the hero.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

Are you guys even READING the topic? You're making it sound like I hate the heists altogether. And the stock markets a cool addition in the game, but..Why is that the preferred option of getting rich, when compared to heists? That's completely ridiculous.

Vega Fve
  • Vega Fve

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

The funny thing about needing 2 million dollars to buy a helicopter is that you had to steal the exact same helicopter for the merryweather heist.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

We Heistin'

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:42 PM Edited by JohnGazman, 27 September 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Are you guys even READING the topic? You're making it sound like I hate the heists altogether. And the stock markets a cool addition in the game, but..Why is that the preferred option of getting rich, when compared to heists? That's completely ridiculous.

Comparatively speaking, the take from the Big One is "getting rich".

Using the Stock Market is just "getting richer".

The funny thing about needing 2 million dollars to buy a helicopter is that you had to steal the exact same helicopter for the merryweather heist.

Yeah that did bug me. I would say the primary reason for that is that if you went for the Harbor option, you didn't need a chopper.

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

Well, the final heist makes you rich.

Neoflite
  • Neoflite

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

Just more heists, in the story as well as during freeroam. Setting up heists during freeroam would be actually very difficult, but if someone could do it, it would be R*.

And of course the profits of the heists going directly into the players pocket, not to the FIB or some crazy Mexican.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:45 PM Edited by Rainbow_Dash, 27 September 2013 - 11:48 PM.

Right..The FINAL heist. In a game that's ALL ABOUT heists, you only get some slack in the FINAL heist. Out of "Several heists"(Which is what Rockstar promised), there's only one where the money actually goes to me for once. All the heists ingame are awesome. The action sequences are the most superb I've ever played. But its just the motivation of it all.

I just hope I can regularly do heists in free roam GTA Online with my crew. If I have a new crew member, then I take them on a heist where they can feel big at the end because of all the money.

Call me batsh*t crazy..And I'm serious. i wont be offended by that. But if I was gonna rob a bank in real life, I'd do it for me. I'd do all heists for me. And if some stupid Mexican asshole wanted ME to do it for him, then I'd do exactly what Trevor did...Only thing is, I'd kill the guy. And I still wanna murder the guy. I wanna burn down his house.

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

I liked them but I didnt like the payouts on them and If youve ever played GTA your always playing 'bitch' doing stuff for everyone else. I totally relate to where your coming from though as It became obvious from the first heist that was the way it was gonna go and I hated that part of it. Doing these heists and getting a tiny fraction of the money is a downer or in the 1 instance getting NO money.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:47 PM Edited by Black Rabbit, 27 September 2013 - 11:48 PM.

I enjoy the heists. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

Yeah, see? Trevor gets it. But then asshole Micheal comes along and steals Trevors score. God, I hate Micheal. The guys such a goddamn boy scout.

I think the contrast between them is part of the story. 

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

I like the heists.. but if I were to be 100% completely honest... they felt kind of "phony" to me. GTA games, in the past, have always retained a sort of "authetic" feel to them. But in GTA V, the way things went down seemed rushed, and too "Hollywood" in a sense (no pun intended). I would have hoped that the story would have had more of a "Heat" vibe (the movie). But instead they're running around in heavy armored suits, skydiving out of helicopters, escaping FBI agents by car, and so on...

It had too much of a "contemporary" action movie film vibe to it, rather than a "classic" authentic film vibe that most GTA games from the past have brought us...

Hard to explain, but does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Not really. GTAIV you go in, and then you shoot the sh*t out of everyone, San Andreas, you go in and then you shoot the sh*t out of everyone, GTAVC, you go in and run run run run from the cops, the past Heists were so Hollywood. But V, it has that hollywood feel to it, sure, but you can choose your approach, you can actually be stealthy to some extent, and that gives some sort of not-so-typical-Hollywood-action-film feel, rather A-Heist-Film feel..

FreshRabbi
  • FreshRabbi

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

Payday 2 is is really fun co-op heisting game.

DrandonBavis
  • DrandonBavis

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

I don't really mind the lack of money in all the heists. The 20+ million you have by the end of the 69 missions is more than enough... Plus, don't forget online. I think it's going to be something special. Collecting money and improving your skills online always sounds more satisfying than on a single player, and I think rockstar worked really hard on this online mode and will be a huge improvement over gta iv's multiplayer. It's going to be wicked fun, so it makes up for a lot of single players minor flaws.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

I don't really mind the lack of money in all the heists. The 20+ million you have by the end of the 69 missions is more than enough... Plus, don't forget online. I think it's going to be something special. Collecting money and improving your skills online always sounds more satisfying than on a single player, and I think rockstar worked really hard on this online mode and will be a huge improvement over gta iv's multiplayer. It's going to be wicked fun, so it makes up for a lot of single players minor flaws.

We first heard of GTA Online very recently. Two to three months ago. I have faith in it, but I'd really have more faith in it if I knew how long they worked on it. Like..What did they work on more? Single player or Online? They say GTA Online is its own game..Its own branch. But how do I know it wont be the same as RDR or GTA IV online? The only difference I can see is that you can actually live in an apartment.

If anyone can clear this up with me, you're awesome. I guess its just one of those "See it to believe it" kinda things..

RobinTheBrave
  • RobinTheBrave

\ RobinTheDerp /

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

I wish Trevor would've been in charge of the friggin' heists instead of Michael who gives everything away while being threatened. 

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

I liked them just wished their was more, but there will be on Online. I really loved the scene where Michael goes crazy and f*cks up that guys house.

Was a little perplexed when he rolled over like a bitch right after but whatever. Not everything has to make sense.

Neoflite
  • Neoflite

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

I liked them just wished their was more, but there will be on Online. I really loved the scene where Michael goes crazy and f*cks up that guys house.

Was a little perplexed when he rolled over like a bitch right after but whatever. Not everything has to make sense.

Yes Michael being tooled around like that just didn`t feel ok, expected a bit more than that.

Even more strange, later in the story the Mexican turns into Trevor`s bitch.

Conclusion: Trevor is the absolute BAWS

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

I don't know why but the heist for GTA online look a bit more self tailored.

Rainbow_Dash
  • Rainbow_Dash

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

Yeah..Everytime Micheal breaks down, I keep hoping he'll come back, you know? As the Micheal that Trevor knew him as. Because right now, Mikes an annoying piss ant. And he reminds me EXACTLY of this friend I used to know..He'd be the same way. All boy scout, no brawn. All he does is gripe and go to his stupid psychiatrist. Trevor should've been in charge of the whole game. He might be crazy, but the Joker was crazy too..And hey, everything worked out for him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users