Quantcast

» «
Photo

People do not understand why we hate the cops, let me clear the air.

228 replies to this topic
blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:00 PM Edited by blakeney, 29 September 2013 - 12:02 PM.

I agree with what most people are saying here.

Thing I don't agree with are that the hiding system is broken... It's not and it is actually really good! I have been in many on foot chases with the police and running for a block or 2 then hiding IS the best way to get away from them... I always hated in other GTA's where it was just a case of RUUUUUUN!!!

Thing's that are stupid/broken I have noticed so far are things like... I hammered someone in out  near Sandy Shores, no one was around and it was night time... within seconds I had like 6 cars on me.. some from the city!

Irl in Sandy Shores it would take like 3 mins for the sheriff to show, then easily 10 for the city boys to come in surely? Hats f to the LSPD for their dispatch times lol... new WR easy!

And obviously the way you get a 1 star for crazy stuff! Although I do think it happens more with Franklin, and it is just highlighting the "because I'm black" thing... Where I live being a young poor male is the international version of being black, so I know how it is, and it almost feels realistic :|

japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

FFS, YOU FANBOYS DONT UNDERSTAND.

I'M ALONE IN THE WOODS, ONLY 1 f*ckING PED. NO ONE ELSE, SHOT HIM WITH SILENCER, 1 STAR INSTANT.

STOP SAYING PLAY MORE NOOB OR sh*t LIKE THAT. THE POLICE SYSTEM OBVIOUSLY NEEDS A LITTLE TWEAKING.

theiceman13
  • theiceman13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

Oh soo you guys hate cops...ok if you get your house robbed or get brutally mugged in street or a family in danger, don't bother calling the police then, cos you be a hypocrite.

You say you hate the police but i guarantee that if your in danger, i bet its the police, you ones you hate that you go to for help.

Bunch of hypocrites.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hyper speed ramming is one thing that pisses me off, if I am in an indentical make and model cop car as the cop ramming me, going at top speed, in no way should he be capable of ramming.

And with the broken stealth, makes me sad, I was really hoping for some super tactical stealth sh*t.
f*cking stealth mode, sacrificed crouching for this sh*t.

MasterJuubito
  • MasterJuubito

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

Oh soo you guys hate cops...ok if you get your house robbed or get brutally mugged in street or a family in danger, don't bother calling the police then, cos you be a hypocrite.

You say you hate the police but i guarantee that if your in danger, i bet its the police, you ones you hate that you go to for help.

Bunch of hypocrites.

Okay that makes so much damn sense. :/

/sarcasm

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

I wondered why they went from 6 stars to 5, and bizarrely it seems that it's the first star they removed. In V, one-star crimes result in the same level of aggression that you'd have got from 2 stars the previous games.

See, I actually wanted to see an even softer 1st star. On a 1-star wanted level, you would be able to just stop your car and you'd be able to bribe the arresting police officer without being busted. 2 stars would then be somewhat aggressive but cops would only fire a few shots, not just unload rounds into you. 3 stars would be them simply trying to stop you by any means, with stars 4-6 increasing the aggression with swat/army etc.

mdgrncw
  • mdgrncw

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

I feel like maybe I'm playing a different game. Aside from peds randomly calling cops on me for nothing I have none of these problems. I can hide basically in the open and lose the cops. And like I've said before deadly force will get you stars especially in crowds no matter if you're sniping from a bush a block away or right in front of people. There is a cop cheat, so if its really that bad then there is your answer.

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

Some times it's frustrating how pedestrians call cops so easily. Today I did a handbrake turn to stop and a fat whore had to jump even when I was 2 meters away and she called the cops for disturbance... I killed the bitch. 

gamecube
  • gamecube

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

I got 1 star when I saw police crashing on some random car

theiceman13
  • theiceman13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Bunch of hypocrites.

/sarcasm

If your in danger or get robbed, don't bother calling the police because you hate em remember...you two faced pissball

Spacedeck
  • Spacedeck

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

The cops ramming can become an annoyance and they are always faster then you.

The other issue I find which I really don't like is say you are just driving around, you hear the police car coming who is chasing a ped. If the cop car crashes into you then suddenly it becomes your problem. You receive a wanted level for the idiotic driving of the cops. How does that work?
  • MasterJuubito likes this

MasterJuubito
  • MasterJuubito

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

Bunch of hypocrites.

/sarcasm

If your in danger or get robbed, don't bother calling the police because you hate em remember...you two faced pissball

Wtf is wrong with you? We are talking about a damn game you stupid retard, i have never read sucha retarded ass post in my life, let alone twice in a row.
Listen buddy, i never mentioned i hated the cops you stupid f*ckin twat, did you ever read my first post? I stated i had NO problem with their aggressiveness, i am listing minor problems that are a nuisance to alot of people including me, i payed for my game, i can voice my opinion, you ignorant f*ck.
  • theiceman13 likes this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:51 PM Edited by Gst0395, 29 September 2013 - 12:54 PM.

To be honest, I'm really hating the cops now. It's not so much trying to evade them that annoys me, but how easy it is to attract them and how little health you have while fighting them off. It's honestly not fair at all. Even when you have the best of weapons these bellends still gun you down within minutes. Trevor's special ability helps quite alot though. Not even taking cover always helps as they'll always find a way to screw you in the arse from behind. I've e-mailed Rockstar about this because being gunned by these guys all the time is really frustrating and ruins the enjoyment of the game. I love everything else, but the police are ridiculous.

They need to tweak them a bit to make them less infuriating. As if GTA IV wasn't hard enough, though it's really easy in comparison.

AlienWillHeMonsta
  • AlienWillHeMonsta

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

I wouldn't mind if you actually saw some on regular patrol like in GTA 4.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Its a LITTLE bit of a bummer that you can possibly get a wanted level for doing something in the middle of nowhere but overall the cop system in this is by far the best!

The only thing im confused about and i hope they add this to online... I remember reading that R* claimed you could equip a mask before a robbery of a store and when out of sight of the cops you can remove it and evade th cops...anyone else remember this, i was really looking forward to doing exactly that.

Just to note, im in no way complaining, best game i have ever played! So happy with it, can't wait for online in a COUPLE OF DAYS! :)

MasterJuubito
  • MasterJuubito

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

Its a LITTLE bit of a bummer that you can possibly get a wanted level for doing something in the middle of nowhere but overall the cop system in this is by far the best!

The only thing im confused about and i hope they add this to online... I remember reading that R* claimed you could equip a mask before a robbery of a store and when out of sight of the cops you can remove it and evade th cops...anyone else remember this, i was really looking forward to doing exactly that.

Just to note, im in no way complaining, best game i have ever played! So happy with it, can't wait for online in a COUPLE OF DAYS! :)

100% agree.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

The cops ramming can become an annoyance and they are always faster then you.

The other issue I find which I really don't like is say you are just driving around, you hear the police car coming who is chasing a ped. If the cop car crashes into you then suddenly it becomes your problem. You receive a wanted level for the idiotic driving of the cops. How does that work?

Its most likely just they way the programme is written...its either this way or no wanted level at all even when you smash into them on purpose...although, as im writting this they could fix it by calculating the speed of each car, if your car is of lesser speed then there should be no wanted level and vice versa.

Lisha
  • Lisha

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

Tbh, I've found that people are more hostile to Trevor and quick to call the cops on him for just f*cking existing. It really pisses me off tbh, ok - he does look kinda deranged/probably smells bad and stuff but those aren't crimes. People constantly bitch about him when he walks past them saying stuff like "Stay the hell away from me, freak!" and when they're on the phone, they say sh*t like, "Ew, guess what?  This crazy guy just walked past me." I suppose it encourages players to use Trevor to go on rampages (because pedestrians are obnoxious) and stuff but when the police are so hyper-aggressive, it's annoying. If I stand too close to someone, they want to fight or threaten to call the police. If I decide to run away, chances are - it's not quick enough and I'll still get the cops called on me.

PC GTA V needs to come soon so I can install trainers to disable all this sh*t and just f*cking knife all these c*nting pedestrians in the throat.

MasterJuubito
  • MasterJuubito

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

Tbh, I've found that people are more hostile to Trevor and quick to call the cops on him for just f*cking existing. It really pisses me off tbh, ok - he does look kinda deranged/probably smells bad and stuff but those aren't crimes. People constantly bitch about him when he walks past them saying stuff like "Stay the hell away from me, freak!" and when they're on the phone, they say sh*t like, "Ew, guess what?  This crazy guy just walked past me." I suppose it encourages players to use Trevor to go on rampages (because pedestrians are obnoxious) and stuff but when the police are so hyper-aggressive, it's annoying. If I stand too close to someone, they want to fight or threaten to call the police. If I decide to run away, chances are - it's not quick enough and I'll still get the cops called on me.

PC GTA V needs to come soon so I can install trainers to disable all this sh*t and just f*cking knife all these c*nting pedestrians in the throat.

Well believe it or not people have made trainers for consoles already, cannot give you the link but if you do a little digging you can find them.

tapz63
  • tapz63

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

One thing that bothers me is that when I get 4 stars in blaine county, the police helis are unlosable. At 4 stars there is 2 helis chasing you, if you blow them up another two appear almost instantly. This goes on and on until I die. Even when the heli takes 30 secs to show up, it always knows exactly where I am, even though I moved from where I was last sighted...

Maybe it's just me but I have found this quite annoying, along with the one stars for killing someone in the forest which everyone else seems to have a problem with.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Wow. Cops have good aim. Who would've thunk that people who go through extensive weapons training would know how to use them. f*ck. 

As for getting stars for doing nothing, well, you're doing something. Someone saw you do it. I've got away with sh*t in the boonies without any cops being called. I've also thought I got away with something, only to have cops show up later, as if someone ran away and called them. I've also noticed that when defending yourself, the cops don't always get called, but if you pick up money dropped from the guy you just decked, they will show up (turns into a robbery). I've sat in a car in front of a crowded theater, shot my gun straight out of the window, not at anyone, people ran away, as soon as the peds felt they were far enough away from danger they called the police (you know, because I fired my gun out of my car). 

Cops are fine. I'm sure if it was any different, you'd be complaining that they're too lax for reality. 

"thunk". Really?!

• malcolmfunktion likes this

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

I robbed a store last night, ran across the road and up the ladder on to the roof of another building, and watched the 4 cop cars pull up and go into the shop and look around etc as I stayed in cover up on the roof just looking at it all unfold. It was at night and the siren lights lit up the whole area, it was awesome haha. So glad this can be done now in a GTA game!

Sorry for the pointless comment, I just had to share :)

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

Stealth system does not work, you get a wanted level for killing a man a mile away with a silenced sniper.
For talking to a cop you get a wanted level.
When you get attacked by a ped, you defend yourself and boom, wanted level.

"If you commit a crime, you get a wanted level hurf durf."

Yeah, I now totally understand why everyone's whining about the cops.

And ladies and gentleman we have a 12yr old troll that does not read this thread at all, please get out.

I read the thread. You moaned that the stealth system is broken and that you get a wanted level for looking at people the wrong way and that defending yourself from a ped results in a wanted level.

Basically the same thing people have posted in other threads. My point; The air didn't need clearing with a brand new thread. We already know that some of you think the game is broken.

Well f*ck you then, don't enter the goddamn thread.

We're not sitting on these forums 24/7 and whatever you've seen, I probably haven't, so piss off.

Idiots, "uh discuzzed oredi lock threed" 

I'm not going to look at "other threads", I'm going to look at the first thread that comes in hand and I'd certainly not go google this out of the blue, GTFO please. 

mulder84
  • mulder84

Someone not dancing to Uncle Sam's tune?

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually prefer Mafia II's idea of a one star wanted level. Hit a cop car, and (only) that cop car will go after you, if you pull over or they manage to make you stop, they'll just ask for a hefty fine to fix their damn car. If you're caught slugging it out with another ped, they come right over, ask you to "break it up" and leave. As long as no weapons are used, it won't go any further beyond one star. And they really need to nerf the power of the police too, if your getaway vehicle is broken you're good as dead, since you'll die before you start up or hijack another.

MasterJuubito
  • MasterJuubito

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:27 PM Edited by MasterJuubito, 29 September 2013 - 01:27 PM.

Stealth system does not work, you get a wanted level for killing a man a mile away with a silenced sniper.

And ladies and gentleman we have a 12yr old troll that does not read this thread at all, please get out.

I read the thread. You moaned that the stealth system is broken and that you get a wanted level for looking at people the wrong way and that defending yourself from a ped results in a wanted level.

Basically the same thing people have posted in other threads. My point; The air didn't need clearing with a brand new thread. We already know that some of you think the game is broken.

We're not sitting on these forums 24/7 and whatever you've seen, I probably haven't, so piss off.
I'm not going to look at "other threads", I'm going to look at the first thread that comes in hand and I'd certainly not go google this out of the blue, GTFO please. 
Intelligence is strong with this one, thank you.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:29 PM Edited by malcolmfunktion, 29 September 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Has anyone actually pulled over slowly and calmly with a 1 star wanted level to see what happens? It would be great if the implemented a feature that you pay a fine or get a warning...or even more amazing - you'd just suffer verbal abuse off the cops for a while testing whether or not you are just going to take it in the chin until they tell you to f*ck off or go Tony Montana on their ass in retaliation to the insults. This is going in my online wish list to R*!

Edit- what mulder84 just said above!

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:32 PM Edited by Kratos2000, 29 September 2013 - 01:39 PM.

Intelligence is strong with this one, thank you.

EDIT: nvm sorry. wrong post. 

MasterJuubito
  • MasterJuubito

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

Calm down man i am on your side...i literally mean't that you were more intelligent then some retards on these forums.

MasterJuubito
  • MasterJuubito

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Has anyone actually pulled over slowly and calmly with a 1 star wanted level to see what happens? It would be great if the implemented a feature that you pay a fine or get a warning...or even more amazing - you'd just suffer verbal abuse off the cops for a while testing whether or not you are just going to take it in the chin until they tell you to f*ck off or go Tony Montana on their ass in retaliation to the insults. This is going in my online wish list to R*!

Yeah, thatd be nice.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

Well for that you would need to stop your car very quickly, because it seems ''resisting arrest'' in this game equals to ''driving more than 20 feet without stopping. Oh and, contrary to GTA IV, if you are 2 Stars or more, the police will never arrest you, so 95% of the time you will end up dead since you can't surrender.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users