What I think about the cop system:
- I don't like how 1 star escalates to 2 stars. Running from cops should not make them start opening fire on you until you commit a worse offense.
- Inconsistent detection. Sometimes you can do outrageous things and just walk away as if nothing happened. Other times they want you for shooting someone in the middle of nowhere with no witnesses. Or animals. Like the sharks that try to eat you.
- It takes a bit too long to lose your wanted level. A little lengthening from IV was desired but not to this extent.
- Armor and Health are extremely weak. With armor I might get a new car. Without it, if I need to get a new car, I'm screwed.
- I have yet to lose them no matter what twists and turns I make or buildings I enter after they rise to 4 stars. A little scaling back might be nice for me, but not too much.
- Their ability to know where you are instantly is not completely fixed.
- They can spawn in front of you and turn around to meet you. This bugs me, but is a relatively minor issue.
Really, I think if I had more health or ways of refilling my health or regaining armor quickly, the chases would be much more fun. An inventory like Red Dead's would be extremely helpful with things to help "patch up" armor or to fill your health when you need a quick fix. That way, anyone who wanted a challenge could just go without using any items and those who felt they needed them could use them.