Quantcast

» «
Photo

People do not understand why we hate the cops, let me clear the air.

228 replies to this topic
spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

What I think about the cop system:

• I don't like how 1 star escalates to 2 stars. Running from cops should not make them start opening fire on you until you commit a worse offense.
  • Inconsistent detection. Sometimes you can do outrageous things and just walk away as if nothing happened. Other times they want you for shooting someone in the middle of nowhere with no witnesses. Or animals. Like the sharks that try to eat you. 
  • It takes a bit too long to lose your wanted level. A little lengthening from IV was desired but not to this extent.
  • Armor and Health are extremely weak. With armor I might get a new car. Without it, if I need to get a new car, I'm screwed. 
  • I have yet to lose them no matter what twists and turns I make or buildings I enter after they rise to 4 stars. A little scaling back might be nice for me, but not too much. 
  • Their ability to know where you are instantly is not completely fixed. 
  • They can spawn in front of you and turn around to meet you. This bugs me, but is a relatively minor issue.

Really, I think if I had more health or ways of refilling my health or regaining armor quickly, the chases would be much more fun. An inventory like Red Dead's would be extremely helpful with things to help "patch up" armor or to fill your health when you need a quick fix. That way, anyone who wanted a challenge could just go without using any items and those who felt they needed them could use them. 

• QuietJosh and M210F like this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

• I have yet to lose them no matter what twists and turns I make or buildings I enter after they rise to 4 stars. A little scaling back might be nice for me, but not too much. 

Here's a tip: RUN FOR THE HILLS! No matter how far you are, make an attempt to drive there. Go off road once your there and you'll only have to deal with choppers. After they're done with, hide in a bush until you lose your stars. Works for me every time.

MasterJuubito
  • MasterJuubito

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

Again people do not get the point, we do not have trouble EVADING them but getting wanted levels for no reason.
  • M210F likes this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

Stealth system does not work, you get a wanted level for killing a man a mile away with a silenced sniper.
For talking to a cop you get a wanted level.
When you get attacked by a ped, you defend yourself and boom, wanted level.

"If you commit a crime, you get a wanted level hurf durf."

Yeah, I now totally understand why everyone's whining about the cops.

Well, yeah. Shouldn't a pedestrian have to take out the phone and call the cops BEFORE you get a wanted level? I mean, are the cops psychically connected to every pedestrian, including three secluded hikers atop mount chilliad?

It shouldn't be "If you commit a crime, you get a wanted level", it should be "If you commit a crime and people see you and manage to report you, you get a wanted level". That makes more sense to me.

And for the record, this one bitch outside the henhouse called the cops on trevor twice for looking weird. Luckily, I was ready with a cheat the second time. Then her brain matter got all over trevor's foot somehow. I had another pedestrian call the cops on me FOR HONKING AT THEM.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

I will admit, I've been an outspoken critic of the "cops in GTA V are bad" people, but with regards to what the OP is saying, you do have a point.

Infact, just today I was ran over by a cop chasing a guy, and I got a wanted level. LOL 

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

Here's a tip: RUN FOR THE HILLS! No matter how far you are, make an attempt to drive there. Go off road once your there and you'll only have to deal with choppers. After they're done with, hide in a bush until you lose your stars. Works for me every time.

I've done that once. The cops drove up on foot and found me despite having no way of knowing where I was. Then another few choppers showed up and I was out of rockets and was getting shot at all over so I couldn't just take it down and had to run for it again but got killed before I could get back into a car.  :(

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:23 AM Edited by lazedout, 28 September 2013 - 01:36 AM.

Don't forget that all these police officers seem to have like marksmanship training that of a United States Navy Seal.

Im sorry but the accuracy of these cops puts even a navy seal to shame. Running, jumping rolling, doesn't matter, they hit you. Even gangsters in this game apparently have taken multiple intensive shooting courses... lol

The cops are broken in almost every way. 

1) You are wanted instantly for killing a cop, no matter HOW. If you snipe them from as far you as you can see them with no witnesses, you get wanted before the body hits the floor... Not only that, they somehow know exactly where you are even though the body is like 1km away. Hmmm, those are some serious cops eh?

2) You get wanted for killing people silently with no witnesses around (top of mount chilliad is a good example) Not only that, they again somehow know where the bodies, and you are. 

3) Even when in a police cruiser, when trying to evade cops (also in the same police cruiser as you) at full speed, they somehow have more HP than you and elastic band into the back of your car. Sorry, just broken, stupid, and annoyingly fake. 

4) Cops shoot you for looking at them wrong/standing in front of them, or running into them. Seriously? Who the hell came up with that genius idea and how did it get past testing?

5) Cops spawn randomly all around you. I got wanted in the airport and 3 cop cars spawned INSIDE the airport on/near/around the runway.... Yeah, so real.

Quick general point.

- The interaction sucks in this game. Press right on the Dpad to interact. You have no clue what your about to say to someone. Why no option weather its positive or negative? I can press right on dpad 1 time, I will say "whats up" and the AI will respond positively, then I press it 1 more time and it turns into an all out fight or shootout. Total fail IMO and again have no clue how it got past testing. 

To the trolls saying there is nothing wrong and we suck, STFU and off yourself because your either trolling for fun or just plain dumb.This isn't one of those complaints thats opinion based. There is only a right/wrong, fact/bullsh*t angle to it.

• QuietJosh likes this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

I will admit, I've been an outspoken critic of the "cops in GTA V are bad" people, but with regards to what the OP is saying, you do have a point.

Infact, just today I was ran over by a cop chasing a guy, and I got a wanted level. LOL 

Lol...holy crap

MarkGTAV
  • MarkGTAV

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

This thread is full of posts about EVADING the cops which the OP extensively explained was exactly what the thread was NOT about. People don't seem to listen or pay attention.

I agree with the OP. I actually like the cops aggressiveness, I can put up with their immense shooting skills, I can escape them and I like the whole cone of vision thing. But the fact remains that you still pick up a wanted level for a whole load of stuff that does not deem one. Stealth kills are non-existent and silencers are pointless.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

This thread is full of posts about EVADING the cops which the OP extensively explained was exactly what the thread was NOT about. People don't seem to listen or pay attention.

I agree with the OP. I actually like the cops aggressiveness, I can put up with their immense shooting skills, I can escape them and I like the whole cone of vision thing. But the fact remains that you still pick up a wanted level for a whole load of stuff that does not deem one. Stealth kills are non-existent and silencers are pointless.

How hard is it to see that the people still bringing up the evasion are clear trolls?

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

Lol...holy crap

LSPD: "How dare you hit my car with your face!"

It's bad news for the cop AI in this game when I don't doubt for a second that that happened.

snaredrum
  • snaredrum

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

seriously, if you're getting copped every time you fire a weapon, fit a silencer. it really does work wonders.

on topic, yeah, the police are pretty vicious in LS. I figured it was R* pointing out the excesses of the modern real world force in their own hyper way. i LOVE evading cops though. makes me feel like Ryan Gosling in Drive. except the face.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

Lol...holy crap

LSPD: "How dare you hit my car with your face!"

It's bad news for the cop AI in this game when I don't doubt for a second that that happened.

Well, admittedly, I've only encountered a few moments like that.  I was hit by a cop today chasing a thief who took money from one of my businesses and got a wanted star.  It didn't bug me that much as I've become accustomed to such things in a GTA game.  The one saving grace of that moment is that the police at least continued to chase the thief even though I had two wanted stars.  They only came after me once the thief dropped the money. 

I'm quite sure that was scripted though.

But, I do remember a police officer hitting me in free roam while chasing another criminal and I didn't get a star, so it may just be buggy.

I do agree wholeheartedly that the wanted level system still sucks, especially in this day and age of better technology.

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

LSPD wannabe

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

Or getting a one star wanted level for crashing a plane by accident,  my controller likes to eject me while I am flying,  but still, I parachute to ground, and then have to evade the cops for my plane crashing ,  I agree with the OP,  the detection systems is set way to sensitive , and it does take away some of the fun,  if they could just scale it back a tad, and fix some of the bull sh*t reason's for becoming wanted, that would make the game so much better.

I like that the cops are aggressive so much better IV, but some of its just to much

ShaolinMaster
  • ShaolinMaster

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

I agree, the cops are like Special forces in this game.

xarichiex
  • xarichiex

Rabeat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

Don't forget that all these police officers seem to have like marksmanship training that of a United States Navy Seal.

So true.

So true.
More like Marsoc (way better) and then the noose are like British SAS

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

I've got suppressors on most guns and cops still know that I sniped someone from a mile away.  They are over sensitive.  Needs a patch to make stealth actually be a useful tactic.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

I just want a mothaf*ckin patch on how mothaf*ckin long it mothaf*ckin takes for the mothaf*ckin cops to mothaf*ckin stop searching for me. It seriously takes a minute and by then when you find a good hiding spot, a cop turns into a f*cking cyborg with X-Ray vision and sees you through a wall and comes with 5 other cops with shotguns and shoots you while you're hiding. That pisses me off, that needs to be patched. It takes way too damn long to get rid of your stars.

Macabro
  • Macabro

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

You look at someone the wrong way and it's like you killed ten Skyrim chickens.

• QuietJosh and MasterJuubito like this

MasterJuubito
  • MasterJuubito

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

Is good to know that finally someone people understand were i am coming from. Thanks guys.
  • bish0p2004 likes this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

LSPD wannabe

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

You get shot at, nothing , but be damned if you return fire to save your ass, and bam!, one star

trantula_77
  • trantula_77

Dr. Death

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:32 AM Edited by trantula_77, 28 September 2013 - 02:33 AM.

I think the detection system and aggression really needs a patch.  I could see it driving me away from the game compared to previous GTAs.  I really wish that police wouldn't spawn from everywhere, particularly in the country.  Similar with wanted level; we know R* is capable of a system based on witness (Red Dead Redemption) and why they didn't keep that system is beyond me.  

On the other side, I really like that they are much more accurate and tactical.  If I'm hiding, they attack in a very intelligent way, moving like a SWAT team and flanking me with other cops. 

My biggest hope would have been a cheat/option to turn off cops when I want to mess around.  Great improvement in some ways, annoying in other ways.

Edit: I can't type

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

LOL remember when people were so exicted that we would get a wanted level for stealing cars... Thank god that was not true.

Haha I was wondering what happened with that feature and having to change license plates because of it.

MasterJuubito
  • MasterJuubito

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

Hey, here i am hoping they patch it.

Lisha
  • Lisha

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

1380332578256.jpg

• Macabro and bish0p2004 like this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

1380332578256.jpg

Lol

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

Is good to know that finally someone people understand were i am coming from. Thanks guys.

i understand where you're coming from,the difference between you and me,and the people that stand behind you is that it doesnt effect me as bad as the most of you make it out to be.thats why i feel sorry for you guys,because you guys cant find a way around it and struggle to enjoy the game.oh well

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

I have only a couple of gripes about the popo system.

1. They do U-turns at intersections way too much.

I tested this and observed by getting a wanted level and hiding in alleys. they LOVE to do U-turns only after they pass me. They won't do U-turns otherwise. Almost like their spidey senses are tingling.

2. Popo spawns are way too agressive.

Get a wanted level and drive to the top of mount chiliad from the bottom. 9 times out of 10, the police would spawn there like a line of parade cars lol

jato4x4
  • jato4x4

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

I think everyone just got used to free mode w police off. All of these things always got you a wanted level, ie hitting a ped that hit you first, firing a weapon, etc. just for the last 4 years everyone has mostly had cops off in free mode.

The game is called grand theft auto, kinda implies there are laws.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

I like the car chases. But they spawn in places like beaches and mountains waay too quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users