Photo

Who's your favorite protagonist?

26 replies to this topic
daneking
  • daneking

best in da city!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

who's you favorite protagonist or main character? and why?

I like franklin. i like his overall character and his clothing and hair options. I also can relate to him, i like that he is trying to make something of himself.

so who's your favorite and why??

• Young Killah likes this

lilshadowxzx
  • lilshadowxzx

Part of Trevor Phillips enterprises

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Trevor

He's a psycho but also an awesome person that values honesty and tells it like it is, doesn't take bullsh*t from idiots. And in general kicks ass.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Keep your eyes on the road and your hands up on the wheel!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

I like all of them to be honest, but if I had to pick, it would be Trevor. He is insane, but in a good way.

Michael and Franklin are pretty awesome in their own regards as well. I like that Franklin is level-headed and focused on what he has to do, and Michael doesn't take sh*t from anyone.

daneking
  • daneking

best in da city!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:22 PM Edited by DTUMan, 02 October 2013 - 09:35 AM. Use spoiler tags.

Trevor

He's a psycho but also an awesome person that values honesty and tells it like it is, doesn't take bullsh*t from idiots. And in general kicks ass.

True!

Spoiler
i enjoy how funny he is. not to mention how much of a bad ass he is. :D

ManOfDisguise
  • ManOfDisguise

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

I guess Trevor. But Im starting to likre Michael more. Franklin is straight up boring.

lilshadowxzx
  • lilshadowxzx

Part of Trevor Phillips enterprises

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:27 PM Edited by DTUMan, 02 October 2013 - 09:36 AM.

Trevor

True!

Spoiler
i enjoy how funny he is. not to mention how much of a bad ass he is. :D

haha yeah, before i learned that 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

Franklins special ability

Trevor's wardrobe

Mike's character model

• Constantfluxation likes this

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

To my surprise, Franklin. From the pre-release videos he seemed the least interesting, but the actual game flushed him out pretty well. He's the least life-damaged of the group and the most level-headed. It would have been Michael if they hadn't made him quite so self-absorbed. And I'm sorry, Trevor is NOT the "good kind of crazy". He is just plain evil. Just because he says and does some outlandish and often humorous things, and he has a problem with trusting Michael  doesn't in any way make him less of a psycho or somehow make him more noble. It only makes him a hypocrit. So Trevor isn't a liar.  It's because he doesn't care. It really doesn't matter how honestly he goes about bringing utter chaos, death and destruction to anyone unfortunate enough to cross his path, now does it?  They need to make a Joker costume for him because he IS chaos. You may think after all that that I despise the character. That's true, but I also think he's the most interesting character R* has yet invented and definately feels perfect for GTA. For some reason, though,I just find myself more drawn to Franklin than the other two.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

Trevor, hes one of the most impressive videogame characters I've even seen, in fact id say hes one of the most impressive characters ive ever seen in any sort of media.

His story is brilliant, his wity lines and behaviour is spot on and the voice acting is great.

I kinda wish Lamar was a playable character, I found him to be very intresting, not as intresting as trevor but still hes prob my favorite non playable character in any of the gta games so far, despite not having alot of screen time (yet).

daneking
  • daneking

best in da city!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

To my surprise, Franklin. From the pre-release videos he seemed the least interesting, but the actual game flushed him out pretty well. He's the least life-damaged of the group and the most level-headed. It would have been Michael if they hadn't made him quite so self-absorbed. And I'm sorry, Trevor is NOT the "good kind of crazy". He is just plain evil. Just because he says and does some outlandish and often humorous things, and he has a problem with trusting Michael  doesn't in any way make him less of a psycho or somehow make him more noble. It only makes him a hypocrit. So Trevor isn't a liar.  It's because he doesn't care. It really doesn't matter how honestly he goes about bringing utter chaos, death and destruction to anyone unfortunate enough to cross his path, now does it?  They need to make a Joker costume for him because he IS chaos. You may think after all that that I despise the character. That's true, but I also think he's the most interesting character R* has yet invented and definately feels perfect for GTA. For some reason, though,I just find myself more drawn to Franklin than the other two.

i also agree with you, he is a psycho! i see things from both point of views. you can see him as a crazy weirdo or a lovable humorous  character. he is very controversial. Franklin is my favorite as you can see from the op. i think franklin is the most real character in gta. he isnt some old easily mad guy who is loosing his family and isnt some meth making psycho. Franklin in the missions may act like that. but once you actually start using him you see he kinda resembles someone who could be IRL. the idiot who said he was boring kinda has a point. Franklin is the least blood driven maniac we have come to love in gta. he is struggling to get Tanisha and is friends with a guy who can't help but get into trouble. in GTA 4 you could basically get any girl available. he actually struggles. he represents what a lot of people might go through. the struggle of not getting your perfect girlfriend and having friends who aren't well behaved. i can feel his pain. and by the end of the game he has money and nice house. he might not of got the girl but has 3 new friends and a whole city to have fun in. even though R* might not of thought about this will making his character. i think his character means when you are heart broken and down to surround yourself with friends. maybe im just over thinking him. i just like his story.

daneking
  • daneking

best in da city!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

Trevor, hes one of the most impressive videogame characters I've even seen, in fact id say hes one of the most impressive characters ive ever seen in any sort of media.

His story is brilliant, his wity lines and behaviour is spot on and the voice acting is great.

I kinda wish Lamar was a playable character, I found him to be very intresting, not as intresting as trevor but still hes prob my favorite non playable character in any of the gta games so far, despite not having alot of screen time (yet).

i also was kinda disappointed i couldnt play as lamar. i also found him intresting

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

I won't be original here: Trevor , he is funny he is scarry, and he can go on rampages.

But none of the protagonist did not disappoint Franklin proved to be more interesting than I thought.

longman240
  • longman240

Venomous Critter

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

Franklin for me, witty enough, looks good in most clothes, got a cracking house and I love his special ability, but I enjoy playing as them all

Roded88
  • Roded88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

I like them all!! But my character is Franklin. He's (IMO) the closest to what most people can relate too. Being broke but having so much ambition to make some $. He's got some funny lines in this game too. Trevor to me is hilarious but at some point I just feel like his character takes it overboard. Michael, even though this isn't real I just feel bad for the guy. Haven't finished the game about 40% but Michael just needs a divorce lol

joehdez14
  • joehdez14

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

I was actually into Franklin a lot before the game was released but I started liking Michael more. Michael is my favorite one.

edenney01
  • edenney01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:55 AM Edited by edenney01, 02 October 2013 - 08:56 AM.

Definitely Trevor, he's the most interesting of the protagonists.  I suspect that at least 60% of players prefer him.  Would've been kind of cool if they'd made one of the 3 protagonists a female.  Would've added a little more flavor and diversity to the game, and it would've given the female players someone they can identify with.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

ur mom cooks socks

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, I'm gonna have to be boring and unoriginal and pick Trevor. I like Franklin too, I think Michael is my least favourite of the three. Trevor's special ability is the one I find most useful, too, but that might just be because of my 'guns blazing' playstyle.

Dr__Gonzo__95
  • Dr__Gonzo__95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Trevor is my favourite character. I love switching to him just to see what kind of a state he is in. Michael & Frank switches are just a little mundane. 

T is the most enjoyable psychopath I have encountered in computer games, but his interaction with Patricia showed that he has a "tender" side.

However I prefer rolling with Frank when I am just bumming around in the game.

I also liked Michael's family, maybe because they offered a balance to the normal "Loner" protagonists we get in GTA.

Lukas Japonicus
  • Lukas Japonicus

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

My names trevorrrrr, what's your naaaaame?

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

ur mom cooks socks

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

I like taking Franklin to Grove Street to f*ck up some Ballas. I always turn up in my colours with a green bandana on my face, flying the colours and swinging a Mac-10 :D

Mind you, Trevor had a text from Pitchers asking for help from attacking Ballas and when some of them escaped in cars I went straight to their hood and started blowing their sh*t up.

Silent Dogwood
  • Silent Dogwood

Genuine Wole

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

Michael. He's the most humane of them all. Not the most emotionally stable, but he has a plight we can sympathise with.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Michael.

Reminds me of Tommy Vercetti.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

ur mom cooks socks

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

I don't rate Tommy Vercetti all that highly as a protagonist

What? No, I didn't say anything, there's really no need to lynch me, honestly.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

Each had good things about them but I thought Franklin as a character wasn't very well developed. What happened to his family? What was his history? Telling a bit of that through the dialogue would've helped.

The dialog between him and Lamar was mostly disappointing. It was the same point of 'you getting too big and forgetting your homies' and Franlin disagreeing.   They could've done so much more with the Frank/Lamar  conversations.

Velociraptorius
  • Velociraptorius

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

Personality wise my favorite has gotta be Michael. For once in GTA I enjoyed playing as someone older, with more experience. Plus, his views on modern culture and his actions towards his family very much reflect my own, so there's that. 

Trevor comes in close second. Although I didn't like him at first

Spoiler
, but he did grow on me over time. He's the sort of character GTA has always needed, since there's precious few stuff you can do with him that seem out of character. Both killing and helping random bystanders make sense due to his constant mood swings. 

Franklin on the other hand poses no competition towards the other too. I found him absolutely bland and boring. Plus I just can't relate with the whole "hood" culture. I find it ridiculously stupid. Franklin did earn some points in his favor by trying to get away from his background, but it still pops up in every single interaction with Lamar (whom I despised for his, as Franklin put it, tiny motherf*ckin' brain), and he stayed a boring character for me throughout. 

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

ur mom cooks socks

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Each had good things about them but I thought Franklin as a character wasn't very well developed. What happened to his family? What was his history? Telling a bit of that through the dialogue would've helped.

The dialog between him and Lamar was mostly disappointing. It was the same point of 'you getting too big and forgetting your homies' and Franlin disagreeing.   They could've done so much more with the Frank/Lamar  conversations.

His mother was a crack addict and when she died, she left half of the house to her son and half to her sister. This meant that in order to take possession and move into the house, her selfish, arrogant sister was forced to swallow her pride and take Franklin into her care, or lose her inheritance from the will. Presumably Frank's mother knew her sister was a bitch and would have to be forced to look after him, otherwise he'd be orphaned and homeless.

Enteum
  • Enteum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

Michael for chillin', Franklin for gettin' sh*t done, Trevor for humour.

Can't say a fave. I like them all in their own way, I do play Franklin the most though. He's got all the bikes :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users