» «
Photo

Euphoria and Rage | Anybody else thinks GTA IV's & RDR's w

14 replies to this topic
Drink Sprunk
  • Drink Sprunk

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:20 PM Edited by Drink Sprunk, 27 September 2013 - 10:20 PM.

ere better?

The walking, jogging, and sprinting feels so heavy in this game when playing as either one of the characters. In fact, it's some what simialr to that of Cole Phelps from L.A. Noire.

When you walking into NPC's they feel like cement bricks. They barely move at all. Just a little if you notice.

Also, when you dive out of a moving vehicle you barely roll and it seems unsatisfying compared to GTA IV. (If someone made a GIF of this comparing the two it would be great and you would see what I'm explaining.)

Other than that, amazing game despite a few flaws. $1,000,000,000+ proves it...
  • UltraGizmo64 likes this

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Agreed, but considering that GTA V is 5x larger than both of those games, having those types of features are just too good to be true..

TaazR
  • TaazR

$$$

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

Agreed, but considering that GTA V is 5x larger than both of those games, having those types of features are just too good to be true..

How so? GTA V is meant to be an upgrade from these games, but the only upgrade I'm seeing is the map size, customization and 3 protagonist system. RDR even had better graphics and atmosphere.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

Well, I was disappointed to an extent. No Hydra? Very little interiors? Where's the pet store with the 15 breeds of dogs? ATM robberies? Insurance? A lot of stuff didn't make it, and I just think having a perfect game is too good to be true. There were bound to be f*ck ups, and the physics were one of them. Don't get me wrong, I play the game everyday, but I'll never understand R*'s mindset.

ILoveTheGrandTheftAutoSeries
  • ILoveTheGrandTheftAutoSeries

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

I think it's graphics are better than RDR (but the draw distance is not so good) and about the engine, is seems perfect to me. I also love how they made the diving animation and that you can actually do it anytime.

Gotthejuice187
  • Gotthejuice187

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

Most of the stuff is in GTA Onlind

t9x69
  • t9x69

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

Well, I was disappointed to an extent. No Hydra? Very little interiors? Where's the pet store with the 15 breeds of dogs? ATM robberies? Insurance? A lot of stuff didn't make it, and I just think having a perfect game is too good to be true. There were bound to be f*ck ups, and the physics were one of them. Don't get me wrong, I play the game everyday, but I'll never understand R*'s mindset.

Hydra is now the Lazer. It's the same exact thing except it can't hover. Not a big deal. Lots of interiors are locked or not useful until GTA Online lunches. Never was it 15 dog breeds. It was 15 different species. ATM Robberies could be in online, but you can always wait for someone to leave an ATM then rob them for a lot more cash. Insurance is automatically purchased when you buy a car online. Which is why when those carrs blow you, you get them back, compared to the cars you steal on the street. 

Considering GTA Online is a HUGE addition to GTA V. There could be things in V that unlock once GTAO goes live. Time will tell. 

Steverino322
  • Steverino322

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

I actually like it. It makes the people feel heavy, real. They don't just fly all over the place like they weigh 2 pounds anymore. Same with the running and walking, it makes the characters feel like they actually have mass.

• TabooV2 likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

Most of the stuff is in GTA Online

God. This already you complaining ingrates

I actually like it. It makes the people feel heavy, real. They don't just fly all over the place like they weigh 2 pounds anymore. Same with the running and walking, it makes the characters feel like they actually have mass.

And this. 

Neoflite
  • Neoflite

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

I agree, would`ve loved if R* continued that trend while driving cars. They are in fact quite the opposite. But I`m going a bit off topic now.

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

I agree, would`ve loved if R* continued that trend while driving cars. They are in fact quite the opposite. But I`m going a bit off topic now.

yea the cars feel weightless, exception is with SUVs. its funny how the trucks drive faster than the SUVs and feel lighter. Rockstar aren't as good as I thought they were. very flawed. We need some American developers to help them.

IGhostUlt
  • IGhostUlt

LSLKS

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

yeah the euphoria is totally downgraded 

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:29 AM

The physics for whatever reason have a Saints Row feel to them. Whenever I get hit by a car it feels similar to being hit by a car in Saints Row.

One of my favourite things in GTA IV was running over peds in first person. I haven't felt the urge to do that in GTA V because it doesn't give the same satisfaction.

To me it seems like R* have messed around with the physics too much.

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

yeah the euphoria is totally downgraded 

How so? In GTA IV, no matter where you shoot them they'd always limp away holding their stomachs.

In GTA V you can feel the mass Natural Motion wanted Euphoria to imply into games. It's just right.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

I think it's graphics are better than RDR (but the draw distance is not so good) and about the engine, is seems perfect to me. I also love how they made the diving animation and that you can actually do it anytime.

How can you honestly think the draw distance was better in RDR than GTA 5.   Im sorry I loved RDR and the draw distance was amazing as well but map was way smaller, and most far off views were unexploreable mountains or other barriers.  It seemed really big because you were on a horse and trails went in big arch's but it really wasn't that big.

GTA 5 draw distance is best of any game (console or PC) to date at least that I am aware off at least with this level of detail...

If only there were more interiors I would call if perfect...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users