» «
Photo

Why does Gta iv get so much hate?

33 replies to this topic
Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:16 AM Edited by Thebull94, 28 September 2013 - 12:17 AM.

@Thebull94

This is going to nowhere. Useless explaining you all this, stubborn and immature kids like you just need to leave on their own. Maybe you'll understand later, maybe not. Anyhow i'm not a teacher, so i'm out of this.

Lol? You said

"And if i'm not right, why then IV got so high ratings when it came out? Is that everybody are wrong, but just you are right? Really? Learn to make balance between real things and your imagination"

So I countered you and linked you GTA IV's user score to prove that I was not the only one who shared that opinion then you call me an immature kid? Well I am an immature kid who proved you a 'mature adult' wrong.

Also to ExtendUnlimited:

http://www.businessw...almost-obsolete

"Rockstar Games (TTWOreportedly spent $115 million developing Grand Theft Auto V and $150 million on marketing"

There was also a thread on THIS FORUM about that. Do some research im not your dad (physically impossible considering im an 'immature kid'.

Really took me 2 seconds to find on google (literally second link when I typed in GTA V's budget)

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

Its not hate, gta IV was great when it came out, but GTA V shows exactly what rockstar has learned since GTA IV, and its nothing minor.

When you try match GTA IV vs GTA V its not suprising you will be laughed out of the room.

GTA IV was impressive for when it was made, but at this point its dated compared to GTA V not just technically but also when it comes to story.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Smoother than silk

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

IMO GTA IV was more impressive for 2008 than GTA V is now. Back in 2008 not too many games were as ballsy as GTA IV in terms of detail, atmosphere and presentation overall.

Very few developers have tackled a faithful interpretation of NYC like R* did with GTA IV and now after playing GTA V for a few days there are things I've noticed about it that seem like a step backwards to GTA IV.

- GTA IV easily has more interiors.

- I think the fact there's a pool table in the bar you can play darts, but can't play pool is absurd.

-Just my personal observation, but peds in GTA V seem to relatively do nothing outside of the beach area. In GTA IV they swept foot paths, cleaned windows, maintained parks, went to get cover when it rained etc.

-The friends system is really useless. At least in GTA IV there were reasons to hang out with them as they gave perks. It might aswell not have been added to GTA V.

-Story choices seem really toned down in GTA V.

-Can't pull out weapons in the few interiors anymore and shoot the places up.

-The lack of any sort of import/export mission in a GTA game is really disappointing. GTA IV had two sets.

Of course GTA V has included things GTA IV didn't have, but GTA IV does have its strengths outside of the typical "GTA IV is only good for graphics" angle.

Unfortunately the haters wont ever acknowledge it.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 28 September 2013 - 03:33 PM.

@Thebull94

This is going to nowhere. Useless explaining you all this, stubborn and immature kids like you just need to leave on their own. Maybe you'll understand later, maybe not. Anyhow i'm not a teacher, so i'm out of this.

Lol? You said

"And if i'm not right, why then IV got so high ratings when it came out? Is that everybody are wrong, but just you are right? Really? Learn to make balance between real things and your imagination"

So I countered you and linked you GTA IV's user score to prove that I was not the only one who shared that opinion then you call me an immature kid? Well I am an immature kid who proved you a 'mature adult' wrong.

You just confirmed that you're not right. IV got high ratings. It's fact that not everyone voted high, but many more did. Also it was nominated as the game of the year. Do search a little better and stop saying things that doesn't make sense. Your problem is that you don't understand what i'm talking about. Also take a look http://en.wikipedia....d_Theft_Auto_IV , scroll down and see real score of IV.

And why you keep saying it was step back? It has some things that even V doesn't have, as Miamivicecity listed. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users