Photo

Female characters and clubs/whores.

43 replies to this topic
bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

i just prefer female characters... male characters are overdone... there are very few games with girl lead characters unless they allow you to make your own... also i prefer girls.. there is just something nice about having a badass girl beat up guys ect.

Sounds like you have a fetish for Masochism, getting your girlfriend beating you up then turning you on. I don't see how guys are overdone though, any reason for that?

You don't see how male lead characters are overdone? All you need to do is take a look at the last few years and it's easily noticeable. I have no problem with playing a male either, or with a male lead, but I can completely understand and even feel that it is sometimes stale.

Playing as a female in any game can be a bit of a refreshing change. It's aesthetically pleasing which isn't a bad thing, and can help one enjoy the game a bit more, and it's also fun to make a female character to find out what's different from playing as a male character. In GTAO's case, we know there are going to be a lot of differences in playing as male or female. Clothing options will differ, hairstyle options, possibly tattoo options. As someone who loves customization and creating characters and outfitting them/making them look and dress exactly as I want them to is very fun, and I'd very much love to see what I can do on both male and female characters.

*Apologies for the double post as well, navigating on a phone proves a little tricky.

exactly... most games have overpowered men on steroids who can do impossible things and always have a straightforward kick your ass attitude... very little room for any other emotion except anger and rage... its a refreshing change when a female grabs the lead... for example the latest tomb raider was pretty good.. she was still pretty badass while still having other emotions and feelings... it make it seem more believable rather than some guy who only shoots and kills things all the time... wheres the fun in that when it happens in about 90% of all games.

i like seeing females take the lead. honestly it should happen more often. Im a guy and even i believe that females need more attention in games... tons of girls play games you know... maybe there needs to be a few more female lead characters.. like tomb raider(the new one not the horrible sluttified emotionless one from the previous games).

• Ertrick36 and tre288 like this

Fizwalker
  • Fizwalker

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

If I have the option of making multiple characters, I might make a female one just to see how it is different.

Although.... It might be amusing to run around as Dr. Girlfriend... :p

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

I've been really enjoying the idea of the possibility that I may be able to stroll up to one of my friends as he's in an alley with a prostitute, and as he's getting his business done, placing a charge on his vehicle and running, or as my friend is getting a lapdance knocking out the stripper mid-dance and taking off.

I just hope prositutes and whatnot are in multiplayer. I know strip clubs and dances were still in for MP. I don't see them not allowing female characters to do these things.

Same here, only I want to just stand outside his window doing absolutely nothing in a very creepy way.
  • Ertrick36 likes this

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:04 AM Edited by Ertrick36, 29 September 2013 - 05:04 AM.

I generaly play female characters in 3rd person games, simply because I prefer to look at the back side of chicks then dudes

don't understand your concept at all, I play video games as guys all the times (I see as it being me in the game kind of) and I never even notice my characters ass at all when im playing and I played RDR, GTA, GEARS OF WAR, FALLOUT, SKYRIM, ETC.. and I don't care about looking at my characters ass so im not trying to be rude since I really want to know the answer but why would you be starring at a toons ass? and im serious I know ill get the he is obviously jerking off kind of answers but besides that why is it a necessity?

anyways it would have cool to have a female as a main character considering how we have 3, it would have been entirely new and would have probably pleases those who stare at asses and women as well. but na we got trevor and franklin instead.

I remember reading on a flame thread here on GTA Forums about the reason why they don't ever include female protagonists.  Dan Houser basically said that he wanted GTA to remain a "masculine game".  It is what it is; personally, I'd love the opportunity to see a female character included as an official protagonist for the GTA series, but if Rockstar wants to make a "manly game", it isn't for us to object them.  If we don't like it, we can always just boycott the game.

As for my opinion about playing a female character, I agree with some of the general arguments on here.  It's unique and refreshing from the usual male character.  In particular, the Caucasian male is really overdone.  Probably about 70% of games have a Caucasian man as the lead character, and that is probably because the gaming industry is big in the U.S.A., where more than 50% of people are white; it also obviously has to do with the appeal to male audiences, and the fact that people in general like characters they can connect to, and someone of the same demographics as the majority of gamers is an easy loophole to exploit.  However, I did dig Micheal and Trevor; they were cool characters, and I connected with both of them all the way.

Getting sort of back on topic, I laugh at a lot of the things people say, such as joking about making a hot stripper character to fool with people and then shocking them by talking into the mic.  But in all seriousness, I've never really been into going to strip clubs, even in-game.  It just feels degrading to me to waste money (real or not) on just getting danced on sensually by some woman who feels okay with her degrading career.  I'm not about to dip into some pseudo-feminist bullsh*t and say that strip clubs shouldn't be featured in the game, though.  I just am not appealed by strippers or prostitutes, and maybe it's because I'm a judgmental asshole who sees these women as lowlife and not worth my time, or maybe it's because I seek something more out of a woman than just sexual pleasure.  Or maybe it's both.

Galdoron
  • Galdoron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

I almost always make at least one female character in online games, if applicable.  Simply because as others stated, do I want to play as some roidrage, 6 pack douchebag looking thug, or a (pixelated, blahblahblah) attractive, tatted up female, more than likely wearing revealing outfits?  Because typically, that's your two choices.  Mr. Six Pack, or Mrs. Big Tits.  If I can't reflect myself in an online environment (I don't look like a roidrage, six pack douchebag that works out every day of his life), then why even bother with a male character?

P.S.  I'm sure there's some 12 yr olds out there that whack to their characters, but not every male player playing a female character does.

P.S.S. I love how this is turning into an argument over objectifying women, shoulda seen that coming OP.

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

P.S.S. I love how this is turning into an argument over objectifying women, shoulda seen that coming OP.

I must've missed the whole "argument" part.  I don't see anyone in this thread arguing over objectifying women.  If you're referring to my post, then you've gotten completely the wrong idea.

WolfofUSSR
  • WolfofUSSR

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:26 AM

Well In most 3rd person games I play as a girl then create a guy character being a guy, I just wondered if females would be able to be with the strippers, tis thread got popular quick lol

BonnieMacFarlane
  • BonnieMacFarlane

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

Xx This is me in-game on Tuesday xX

0_0.jpg

CresantMoon
  • CresantMoon

Under the willows

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

I demand male strippers!

You know...for science n stuff.

Dkmariolink
  • Dkmariolink

Super Duper High School Gamer

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

Female characters should be able to get a job at a local strip club to get some cash, its realistic and probably would happen...

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:17 AM

Female characters should be able to get a job at a local strip club to get some cash, its realistic and probably would happen...

I actually went on the Vanilla Unicorn (strip club in Los Santos) website, and there was a link to a job openings page (though I couldn't click it).  I figure that it might open when Online comes out, but it might not...

WolfofUSSR
  • WolfofUSSR

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

well now tat I saw all of you guys fiddle your dicks over this I have answered my own question, its yes. Now time to see if i can get my money and apartment back after disappearing 

Casey_Cadaver
  • Casey_Cadaver

HHMC VP

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

I generaly play female characters in 3rd person games, simply because I prefer to look at the back side of chicks then dudes. this thread, and the one about females not suited for GTA protag's has made me decide to write up a back story on my character getting a sex change to hide from the FIB's. pre-op of course - keep your eyeball's off me you prevert's!!!

<edit> that last SP intended - any others not so much.

A psychologist would have a very interesting day analyzing your posts.

Mattyp1514
  • Mattyp1514

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

I've been really enjoying the idea of the possibility that I may be able to stroll up to one of my friends as he's in an alley with a prostitute, and as he's getting his business done, placing a charge on his vehicle and running

I sniped a chick off my crew member.  He died laughing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users