Quantcast

» «
Photo

People actually think auto aim will be enabled in GTAO?

85 replies to this topic
C4-_-GIBBfather
  • C4-_-GIBBfather

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

Personaly i will only play free aim mode "hardcore" And i dont understand the fun with autoaim-? or mayby it is like watching a Movie, you dont do more than eating your snaks and Watch how the game play it self. Guess we vill se auto Walking in games a few years from now.

DubYaBush
  • DubYaBush

GTAo - BHoD

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

I Hope there is no auto aim.

It would give a chance for everybody to be equal.

• Hitchens likes this

everydaynormalguy
  • everydaynormalguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

don't run out in the open like a dumb ass and aim assist wont matter.  

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:34 AM Edited by Hitchens, 28 September 2013 - 07:46 AM.

you people complain to much, you all think every game is  call of duty, its like that's your mindset because you are a call of duty player,  its like leaderboards are more important to you, then, the actual game, geeze, just relaxe, do some GTAO yoga, and enjoy the game for what it is, have fun, stop making everything into a competion, because not everyone feels that way. most people wanna have fun, and even roleplay here, not be in constant competion, with someone, not everything is about points. 

http://youtu.be/uh9LGytJOHk?t=5m27s

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

There will definitely be auto aim. IV had it and RDR had it in its MP. I hope there are two different pools of players for freeaim and autoaim because if it isnt, the game would be unbalanced.

• Chessmaster likes this

GlaciusTS
  • GlaciusTS

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

If you want to become a better player, perhaps you require more brain skills now rather than a fast, accurate thumb. Find good cover and learn to avoid fire from noobs, start thinking rather than acting on instinct and years of FPS games.

Auto aim is fine by me.

piktdien
  • piktdien

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

Obviously auto aim in single player doesn't matter much, since it's just single player and people can use cheats anyways.

However, there is no way Auto Aim will be enabled in GTAO.  Do you really think they would make targeting that easy for multiplayer?

Those who rely on auto aim are going to be sorely disappointing when it isn't available online.  Alot of people have gotten very comfortable with the 0 skill auto aim option, and it's the reason most people powered through the SP main story.  Can't wait to read all the "NO AUTOAIM?  GAMES TO HARD" threads on Tuesday.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:15 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 28 September 2013 - 09:30 AM.

To all you folks that go on and on about skill and/or lack of... go play Counter Strike, or Starcraft, then come back and educate us what skill is, m`kay? Consoles are by default NOSKILL, because they use a crap controller that is light years behind the mouse. No, this is not a PC vs console bs, nor is it any form of fanboyism - it is a clear fact, such as a peripheral being so much better than the other.

I will concede my point when someone will be able to prove that the cummulative prizes in official tournaments with console games are at least equal with pc games... not before.

Want to be skilled? Get free aim and go into auto aim servers.. then, when you will beat every single one of them, you can go to bed feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. There`s no need to come on the forums and whine and bitch and moan... unless you are trying to "get everyone to play by YOUR rules", which isn`t too nice.

So let me see if I got this straight, using a controller which is supposedly inferior to a mouse = no skill?

You seem to have this backward mr pc luvaluva

Also I saw you said its not fanboyism, perhaps thats true, mabye its just ignorance?
Yeah I was thinking the same, a controller is harder to aim with, therefore it requires more skill to use effectively.

Auto aim online is lame, but there will be lobbies without it, play those lobbies if you're feeling competitive.

Nope. It requires a player to wrestle the controller to aim properly. That is not skill. That is sub par aiming. 

I said it before and I said it again - want to prove you are skilled? Want to prove it to yourself and to others? Go play in auto-aim servers with free aim. Play as much as you want, until you can constantly beat everyone - they are unskilled, after all. You aren`t even doing anything special - any mouse user can snap shot anyway, so you will feel better two fold.

But don`t come in here and pretend that someone ELSE has to follow YOUR rules. Prove you got "skill" by using free aim against auto-aim players.

Lol at the professional P.C gamer and his "skill". Too bad you can't even play GTA V kiddo! hahahaha!

Let us know how much skill it takes on the PC when it comes out months from now. Till then, let us "console kids" worry about it.

I also own a PS3 and played the game since Sept. 17th. Nice attempt at being stupid...

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

To all you folks that go on and on about skill and/or lack of... go play Counter Strike, or Starcraft, then come back and educate us what skill is, m`kay? Consoles are by default NOSKILL, because they use a crap controller that is light years behind the mouse. No, this is not a PC vs console bs, nor is it any form of fanboyism - it is a clear fact, such as a peripheral being so much better than the other.

I will concede my point when someone will be able to prove that the cummulative prizes in official tournaments with console games are at least equal with pc games... not before.

Want to be skilled? Get free aim and go into auto aim servers.. then, when you will beat every single one of them, you can go to bed feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. There`s no need to come on the forums and whine and bitch and moan... unless you are trying to "get everyone to play by YOUR rules", which isn`t too nice.

So let me see if I got this straight, using a controller which is supposedly inferior to a mouse = no skill?

You seem to have this backward mr pc luvaluva

Also I saw you said its not fanboyism, perhaps thats true, mabye its just ignorance?
Yeah I was thinking the same, a controller is harder to aim with, therefore it requires more skill to use effectively.

Auto aim online is lame, but there will be lobbies without it, play those lobbies if you're feeling competitive.

Nope. It requires a player to wrestle the controller to aim properly. That is not skill. That is sub par aiming. 

I said it before and I said it again - want to prove you are skilled? Want to prove it to yourself and to others? Go play in auto-aim servers with free aim. Play as much as you want, until you can constantly beat everyone - they are unskilled, after all. You aren`t even doing anything special - any mouse user can snap shot anyway, so you will feel better two fold.

But don`t come in here and pretend that someone ELSE has to follow YOUR rules. Prove you got "skill" by using free aim against auto-aim players.

Lol at the professional P.C gamer and his "skill". Too bad you can't even play GTA V kiddo! hahahaha!

Let us know how much skill it takes on the PC when it comes out months from now. Till then, let us "console kids" worry about it.

I also own a PS3 and played the game since Sept. 17th. Nice attempt at being stupid...

I will as soon as you go play any pc shooter game where you are the only person not sporting aimbot. (And yes I realize they are not the EXACT same thing).

As for having to wrestle your controller, again you show ignorance, the main mistake gamers that arnt used to console controllers make is that they jerk the stick around like its some wild rhino they need to tame.

When in reality the only way you are gonna be accurate with a controller is by getting used to smoothly moving the stick.

Like I have said before I already know Auto-aim will be a option in online, and I actually don't have a problem with it, aslong as Free-aimers are not in any way forced onto the same servers as auto-aimers, and I also feel there should be appropriate % bonuses for using free-aim, as your overall effectivity obviously wont be nearly as high as someone who uses a feature that essentially both finds the enemy and aims at him for you.

• _KC likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

Just so we are clear on controller vs mouse and the profile of the "pro gamer" that is crying "WALLHACK".

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hillarious that the whiner is also the same person running around trying to knife people the entire match.

On a more serious note, fighting against someone with a mouse and keyboard on a controller is definatly a challenge, but its still alot more reasonable match up then fighting someone with auto aim.

Not to mention in GTA using mouse and keyboard will also have its disadvantages (driving etc).

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hillarious that the whiner is also the same person running around trying to knife people the entire match.

On a more serious note, fighting against someone with a mouse and keyboard on a controller is definatly a challenge, but its still alot more reasonable match up then fighting someone with auto aim.

Not to mention in GTA using mouse and keyboard will also have its disadvantages (driving etc).

It`s funny how aggressive one wants to shove their "skill" down someone else`s throat, isn`t it? It`s like they want to brag more than prove something to themselves.

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Just so we are clear on controller vs mouse and the profile of the "pro gamer" that is crying "WALLHACK".

What does this video prove exactly?  The person being recorded isn't that great.  The person whining in the video is crying every time he dies, not just when the person being recorded kills him.  So it sounds like he is totally owning someone, but he just found a whiny little bitch in game and it makes him sound like hes amazing because you hear someone crying all game.

Most of the game he was barely 1 or 2 kills above 2nd place, not that great.

BTW the person that says wallhacker is by far one of the biggest complainers/noobs i've ever heard, thats the only thing I got from the video.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:40 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 28 September 2013 - 10:47 AM.

What does this video prove exactly?  The person being recorded isn't that great.  The person whining in the video is crying every time he dies, not just when the person being recorded kills him.  So it sounds like he is totally owning someone, but he just found a whiny little bitch in game and it makes him sound like hes amazing because you hear someone crying all game.

Most of the game he was barely 1 or 2 kills above 2nd place, not that great.

BTW the person that says wallhacker is by far one of the biggest complainers/noobs i've ever heard, thats the only thing I got from the video.

1. Mouse and keyboard won over controller

2. The whiney bitch was all full of himself when the game started - not as uncommon as one might think

I suspect most "pro-skill" folks in here to be just like the "pro" gamer that cried wallhack. Sure, some are genuine, but they could also keep it to themselves, shouldn`t they?

[EDIT] http://gtaforums.com...nline-auto-aim/ <-- middle of the page there is an interesting post that pretty much sums up our debate - the one with the video.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

Yes it is sub par aiming, hence it takes more skill to gain the same accuracy as a pc user.
If a pc user has 20% accuracy and a console player has 20% accuracy, the console player is more skilled because attaining that level of accuracy is more difficult with a controller because like you said, you must "wrestle" with it.

Pc aiming is far better than controller though, by a very long shot.
  • Weremoose and Chessmaster like this

RDR-Detox
  • RDR-Detox

lllNamelesslll

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:07 PM Edited by RDR-Detox, 28 September 2013 - 12:07 PM.

Im sure there will be both auto-aim AND hardcore/no auto-aim servers like on RDR and MP3. (I don't really understand why anyone would use auto-aim in a shooter tbh. Whats the point of a shooter if you don't actually have to aim yourself?)

On RDR R* got a sh*tstorm of complaints because there wasn't any hardcore servers in the beginning so they ended up adding it. (Im sure they wont make the same mistake again by leaving out hardcore servers)

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:37 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 28 September 2013 - 12:38 PM.

Yes it is sub par aiming, hence it takes more skill to gain the same accuracy as a pc user.
If a pc user has 20% accuracy and a console player has 20% accuracy, the console player is more skilled because attaining that level of accuracy is more difficult with a controller because like you said, you must "wrestle" with it.

No, it doesn`t. All it takes is a slower aimer on the other side. 

Here`s the difference between pc and console "skill", in my view: On PC, if I killed someone, I am pretty sure I was a tad faster / smarter / more tactical, ideally more "skilled", via tactics, strategy, etc. On console, if I killed someone, I will never know if I was better, or he was THAT BAD with a controller, that I was really sh*t, only he was sh*ttier. That is not skill to me, since I have no way in knowing if it was me who killed him, or the controller :) .

Then again, my definition of skill doesn`t match the most common definition here: to me, skill is not bragging rights, nor is a lol teabag. Skill is knowing I killed an enemy that had all the means to shoot back, only I was a fraction faster / more precise / better positioned, not because he was unfamiliar with its peripherals.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

I Hope there is no auto aim.

It would give a chance for everybody to be equal.

Despite where I stand on auto-aim/no autoaim, your comment is incorrect.

Equal means everyone has the same chance. If you and I are more skilled with free-aim, we have a better chance; regardless of skill, auto-aim allows for a lock-on - making it an even playing ground.

Erebosgaminghd
  • Erebosgaminghd

Gaming YouTuber

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Some people HATE auto aim as you sometimes end up aiming at the wrong target.

So I would imagine you will be able to toggle it, like Red Dead.

Even COD allows you to toggle auto aim believe it or not.

ER-Bullitt
  • ER-Bullitt

Commissioner: Couch Potato Gamers (1GAM)

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Havent played COD in ages, but I think you are referring to "aim assist" which is an extremely dumbed down version of the "auto-lockon-aim" present in GTA 5 single player. Ex. if you aim down sights at a target but are off by a tiny margin it will auto correct your aim, that feature is present on almost all FPS games, some are more severe than others.

If it is in there, no biggie.. as long as I can play on a server/room where it is disabled.  I personally feel it will be a game breaking easy-mode that would make the game too simple.  I have not played a GTA online mode in years so I dont remember what it was like, nor have I played RDR.  But I will take what has been posted here from folks that have played those games as fact.  And if history repeats itself, and everything we hav ebeen told is true, it will be in the game.  I played most of the story with auto-lock on, then decided to turn it off and it did ramp up the difficulty quite a bit, the game became more challenging and fun.  I considered taking the "tips" advice and turning off the HUD and Map as well.. but that would just be asking for hair-pulling-out frustration lol.

Weremoose
  • Weremoose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

If auto aim is available what's the big deal its was on gta 4 and i didn't use auto aim yet still got tons of kills

You probably died a lot more too.  It all depends if you are trying to play a competitive match or not?  If you want it to be competitive you certainly have to have a level playing field. 

i keep seein ppl say to be "competitve" with other auto aim girls ud need to use auto aim as well. . .since when did this become CoD or black ops also i don't think kdr will have any positive or negative afects on rank or stats (tho i do think auto aim girls should rank up much slower)

I could not care less about my rank.  I just don't find it fun to play a deathmatch type game with autoaim.  Can't even run from the cover to cover without being totally gunned down every single time, regardless of the other player's ability. 

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:32 PM Edited by Lance_Vance89, 28 September 2013 - 10:33 PM.

tumblr_m6i04oks5j1roya1c.gif

csukar
  • csukar

Llama

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

It will probably be an optiion for each server, auto aim on or off.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

No, it doesn`t. All it takes is a slower aimer on the other side. 

Here`s the difference between pc and console "skill", in my view: On PC, if I killed someone, I am pretty sure I was a tad faster / smarter / more tactical, ideally more "skilled", via tactics, strategy, etc. On console, if I killed someone, I will never know if I was better, or he was THAT BAD with a controller, that I was really sh*t, only he was sh*ttier. That is not skill to me, since I have no way in knowing if it was me who killed him, or the controller :) .

Skill is knowing I killed an enemy that had all the means to shoot back, only I was a fraction faster / more precise / better positioned, not because he was unfamiliar with its peripherals.

What the hell are you saying? If somebody screws up because they can't handle the controller well, they are less skilled with it, lol you are making out that controllers are completely inconsistent and randomly mess up and go haywire.

I know someone killed me because of a combination of luck and exhibiting more skill than I when they kill me, not because my controller leapt out of my hands causing me to die.

SaintsRow3
  • SaintsRow3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Jokes on you OP

bNy_
  • bNy_

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Some people need auto-aim. Especially with third person games. They will most likely have the assisted aim and not have traditional GTA option and free aim for hardcore. R* will appeal to all their fans, not just hardcore gamers that only want free-aim because they think any aim assist is rubbish. Even COD has a minor aim assist.

Which is one of many reasons why the vast majority above 15 (except youtubers that profit from the kids) call CoD a joke game when it comes to eSport.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users