Quantcast

» «
Photo

People actually think auto aim will be enabled in GTAO?

85 replies to this topic
snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

autoaim is enabled according to people who played gta o.

/thread

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

To all you folks that go on and on about skill and/or lack of... go play Counter Strike, or Starcraft, then come back and educate us what skill is, m`kay? Consoles are by default NOSKILL, because they use a crap controller that is light years behind the mouse. No, this is not a PC vs console bs, nor is it any form of fanboyism - it is a clear fact, such as a peripheral being so much better than the other.

I will concede my point when someone will be able to prove that the cummulative prizes in official tournaments with console games are at least equal with pc games... not before.

Want to be skilled? Get free aim and go into auto aim servers.. then, when you will beat every single one of them, you can go to bed feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. There`s no need to come on the forums and whine and bitch and moan... unless you are trying to "get everyone to play by YOUR rules", which isn`t too nice.

So let me see if I got this straight, using a controller which is supposedly inferior to a mouse = no skill?

You seem to have this backward mr pc luvaluva

Also I saw you said its not fanboyism, perhaps thats true, mabye its just ignorance?
Yeah I was thinking the same, a controller is harder to aim with, therefore it requires more skill to use effectively.

Auto aim online is lame, but there will be lobbies without it, play those lobbies if you're feeling competitive.

Alex032691
  • Alex032691

DIEHARD GTA FAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

You guys just don't understand do you? Remember in Max Payne 3 where in Multiplayer we could choose between soft lock and free aim? That's exactly what Rockstar will do with GTA Online! Why don't you guys get that already? 

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

Lol at the professional P.C gamer and his "skill". Too bad you can't even play GTA V kiddo! hahahaha!

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

You guys just don't understand do you? Remember in Max Payne 3 where in Multiplayer we could choose between soft lock and free aim? That's exactly what Rockstar will do with GTA Online! Why don't you guys get that already? 

It's almost not worth bothering explaining anything to people on here. You could have a more intelligent conversation with my foot.

serimos6
  • serimos6

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

MP3 and RDR have auto aim in MP, correct? Seems like it will be again.

So basically you will be at a huge disadvantage if you use a sniper rifle, since snipers can't auto aim?

And explosives will be way hard to use compared to just holding the trigger with an assault rifle, no skill needed?

Auto aim destroys the weapon balance...it makes some weapons very good and some not so good.

Are you new to GTA or something? Auto-aim has been available in all of their online multiplayer portions of the game, even with sniper rifles. The reason sniper rifles still have an advantage is because you can 1-shot an idiot like you from about 150-200 feet away. There will more than likely be an auto-aim/anti-auto-aim games you can join based on what you want to play as.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

To all you folks that go on and on about skill and/or lack of... go play Counter Strike, or Starcraft, then come back and educate us what skill is, m`kay? Consoles are by default NOSKILL, because they use a crap controller that is light years behind the mouse. No, this is not a PC vs console bs, nor is it any form of fanboyism - it is a clear fact, such as a peripheral being so much better than the other.

I will concede my point when someone will be able to prove that the cummulative prizes in official tournaments with console games are at least equal with pc games... not before.

Want to be skilled? Get free aim and go into auto aim servers.. then, when you will beat every single one of them, you can go to bed feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. There`s no need to come on the forums and whine and bitch and moan... unless you are trying to "get everyone to play by YOUR rules", which isn`t too nice.

Let us know how much skill it takes on the PC when it comes out months from now. Till then, let us "console kids" worry about it.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

I'm seeing a lot of people who seem worried that their skill won't hold up because a feature from past games is returning...

TonicFireProof
  • TonicFireProof

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

Meh, who cares, it's not a competition. Just have fun.

So let's just let people use cheats in multiplayer then, right?

by allowing aim assist it would discourage people from using hacks because there would be no use, with that said i would hope they offer hardcore servers.

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

Gta online trailer has already confirmed auto aim will be a option.

I only hope that free-aimers will have seperate servers, and that there is a sufficient bonus % for using free-aim instead of auto-aim or assisted aim.

Way Rockstar has been lately who can trust that trailer or any trailer they release from now on.

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

Let's all just assume there will be Normal(Auto-aim) and Hardcore(Free aim) modes for free roam.

Mason27
  • Mason27

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:55 AM Edited by Mason27, 28 September 2013 - 02:57 AM.

Deathmatch actually is a competition.  What are you talking about?

Okay fine, it's a competition, but there is no tangible reward.  Everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy themselves.  If your idea of enjoyment is dominating weaker opponents, that's not being competitive.  That's being unsportsmanlike.  

You win some, you lose some, big deal.  If free-aim takes "skill" then the good players will win by a large margin over the bad.  If AA is incorporated, the bad will still likely lose, but it will be more balanced and fun.  

I always find it amusing how people who defend "skill" and "hardcore" stuff in video games usually are just mad that they can't dominate weaker people.  They might not admit it, but why else would they care so much?  If they truly wanted to test their skills, they would appreciate balance more than anyone.  I don't remember when we blew out a team by 40 points in HS football, but I remember our 3 OT loss like it was yesterday.  

This game sold a billion dollars worth in three days.  This is not some niche hardcore game.  It is the definition of appealing to the masses.  The worst player (assuming they can physically use a controller) should have a chance against the best.  Everyone spent $60, everyone gets an equal opportunity to enjoy themselves.

Same goes for passive mode.  This game is NOT just about killing and stealing cars.  It's about whatever the developers put in the game.  That includes : tennis, golf, races, bicycles, base jumping, hanging out with other people in certain areas, possibly gambling, etc.  That means I should be able to do those things without my enjoyment being interrupted.  I never played a GTA game until now.  I have, however, owned Tiger Woods, Top Spin, Olympic games, and TDU.  I got GTA for the open world driving, the activities, and the online mingling.  Those things exist in GTA and R* would be stupid to allow for you to bomb me while I'm doing them.  I wouldn't buy the game without passive mode and bad sport features.  If you want to shoot people, go find people who want to be shot at, or shoot at NPCs.  

You can criticize R* all you want for moving away from what you consider to be "hardcore" but they are the ones with the massive bank account and the new gamer demographics.  

• IrishRed88 and tehherb like this

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

Okay fine, it's a competition, but there is no tangible reward.  Everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy themselves.  If your idea of enjoyment is dominating weaker opponents, that's not being competitive.  That's being unsportsmanlike.  

You win some, you lose some, big deal.  If free-aim takes "skill" then the good players will win by a large margin over the bad.  If AA is incorporated, the bad will still likely lose, but it will be more balanced and fun.  

I always find it amusing how people who defend "skill" and "hardcore" stuff in video games usually are just mad that they can't dominate weaker people.  They might not admit it, but why else would they care so much?  If they truly wanted to test their skills, they would appreciate balance more than anyone.  I don't remember when we blew out a team by 40 points in HS football, but I remember our 3 OT loss like it was yesterday.  

This game sold a billion dollars worth in three days.  This is not some niche hardcore game.  It is the definition of appealing to the masses.  The worst player (assuming they can physically use a controller) should have a chance against the best.  Everyone spent $60, everyone gets an equal opportunity to enjoy themselves.

Same goes for passive mode.  This game is NOT just about killing and stealing cars.  It's about whatever the developers put in the game.  That includes : tennis, golf, races, bicycles, base jumping, hanging out with other people in certain areas, possibly gambling, etc.  That means I should be able to do those things without my enjoyment being interrupted.  I never played a GTA game until now.  I have, however, owned Tiger Woods, Top Spin, Olympic games, and TDU.  I got GTA for the open world driving, the activities, and the online mingling.  Those things exist in GTA and R* would be stupid to allow for you to bomb me while I'm doing them.  I wouldn't buy the game without passive mode and bad sport features.  If you want to shoot people, go find people who want to be shot at, or shoot at NPCs.  

You can criticize R* all you want for moving away from what you consider to be "hardcore" but they are the ones with the massive bank account and the new gamer demographics.  

You're talking to a bunch of gamers who NEED to win to feel satisfied with their life. I could honestly give a sh*t about winning, just as long as its fun. 

• Mason27 likes this

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

You're talking to a bunch of gamers who NEED to win to feel satisfied with their life. I could honestly give a sh*t about winning, just as long as its fun. 

That's because you're over the age of fourteen.
Your logic isn't appreciated here. ;)

• Mason27 likes this

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

That's because you're over the age of fourteen.
Your logic isn't appreciated here. ;)

Lmao

JimmyJoeJames
  • JimmyJoeJames

I'ma hero. My methods are just different from yours.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

I only hope that free-aimers will have seperate servers, and that there is a sufficient bonus % for using free-aim instead of auto-aim or assisted aim.

Way Rockstar has been lately who can trust that trailer or any trailer they release from now on.

What exactly has R* lied about??? They've been pretty straight forward with everything. They are definitely no where near the level of deception of companies like EA, Capcom or THQ.

Weremoose
  • Weremoose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:34 AM Edited by Weremoose, 28 September 2013 - 03:35 AM.

But it is not fun when you don't have to try to get a kill.  In GTA IV, it really was just push the button and bam.  There is no satisfaction to me when things come so easy.  I want to have to think when I play, not push the shot button and the guy in the bushes dies when I never even knew he was there.  I think you guys are lumping "competitiveness" in with unsportsmanlike behavior, which are two completely different things.  You can be competitive and not be a sore loser/winner.

For the record, I like the idea of passive mode and other gamemodes that don't focus on the killing aspects, but when I play deathmatch then I want a challenge.  Its just not any fun any other way.  I never played Max Payne, but if there are separate modes like that supposedly had, then that should be fine since the user base will be ginormous.

• Honest Bill likes this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

Why the hell are people fighting over there being hardcore servers without any aim assist or forms of invincibility like passive mode? Seriously it's f*cking optional to play on a hardcore server!

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

What exactly has R* lied about??? They've been pretty straight forward with everything. They are definitely no where near the level of deception of companies like EA, Capcom or THQ.

If I had a teleporter and cookies I'd hug you and give you cookies. EA is the worst and hopefully RockStar learns from the insanity behind that awful company.

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

Free aiming is a lot more satisfying to get kills with, plus it really is a learning tool, rather than the click of a button. 

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

I already emailed Rockstar about this thing we are are fighting over for no apparent reason other than some people are bored and want to pass the time by fighting.

TrickishDonkey
  • TrickishDonkey

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

I already emailed Rockstar about this thing we are are fighting over for no apparent reason other than some people are bored and want to pass the time by fighting.

well i can't see anything to fight about they will have hardcore servers and they will have normal.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

well i can't see anything to fight about they will have hardcore servers and they will have normal.

That's unfortunately only an assumption at this point, which is why I have emailed them.

LJseemyflow
  • LJseemyflow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

If auto aim is available what's the big deal its was on gta 4 and i didn't use auto aim yet still got tons of kills

Weremoose
  • Weremoose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

If auto aim is available what's the big deal its was on gta 4 and i didn't use auto aim yet still got tons of kills

You probably died a lot more too.  It all depends if you are trying to play a competitive match or not?  If you want it to be competitive you certainly have to have a level playing field. 

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

That's unfortunately only an assumption at this point, which is why I have emailed them.
It is however an extremely likely assumption. I haven't played a game online that does not have "no auto aim" lobbies where applicable.
Also based on the fact the GTA IV, RDR AND Mp 3 had the options available.

I usually don't like to speak before I have proof but the chances that auto aim is non optional is very slim and a ridiculous thought.

Weremoose
  • Weremoose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

It is however an extremely likely assumption. I haven't played a game online that does not have "no auto aim" lobbies where applicable.
Also based on the fact the GTA IV, RDR AND Mp 3 had the options available.

I usually don't like to speak before I have proof but the chances that auto aim is non optional is very slim and a ridiculous thought.

The only issue GTA IV had is that after a few months, the online mode userbase wasn't large enough.  The community became even more divided and it really was tough to find a good quality "hardcore" mode since the default was overwhelmingly slanted towards auto aim.  I don't see that being as large an issue this time around with all the GTA Online advertisements going on and the overwhelming success that GTA V has already had.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

Lol at people who say autoaim takes no skill. 

Actually makes it harder. And you're damn right I use it. I also like to use free aim as well. Autoaim makes taking cover a bit more important to me.

Why? It's a risk game. You have auto aim and can hit that person easily unless they're covering. That person can hit you easily as well. It's all about covering and enviorment. 

In free aim, if you're a good aimer and the other person sucks, who gives a damn. In autoaim? Everyone is good. Meaning.. it's alot more dangerous. 

LJseemyflow
  • LJseemyflow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

You probably died a lot more too.  It all depends if you are trying to play a competitive match or not?  If you want it to be competitive you certainly have to have a level playing field. 
i keep seein ppl say to be "competitve" with other auto aim girls ud need to use auto aim as well. . .since when did this become CoD or black ops also i don't think kdr will have any positive or negative afects on rank or stats (tho i do think auto aim girls should rank up much slower)

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

GTA IV, has both Auto-Aim and Free Aim.
You just had to use the right preferences.

RDR has Normal and Hardcore Modes.
Whilst Normal allowed Full and Soft Lock, Hardcore was total Free Aim.

MP3 has Soft Lock and Free Aim, as well as Hardcore.
Never did the three meet.

Imagine GTA V, will have Soft Lock and Free Aim.
Just like IV or MP3 though, it'll limit who you play with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users