Photo

What the hell is with this game?

12 replies to this topic
GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

First of all, this is not your usual rant thread, but a thread that's about how DLCs are f*cking up games...

I've been playing GTA V from release day and I still didn't made it to 100% yet, but it's just clearly laughable how Rockstar cut lots of features of the game that were clearly stated to be in... like lots of interiors, lots of different animals, and some of the character customization options too...

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, and I'm thankful they've decided to change their approach to this whole "reality versus fun" thing. GTA V is a masterpiece in my eyes, but it has so many potential left, and still, they've left out stuff that could have been included... like restaurants... really Rockstar?

Now.. I somehow feel that some of the missing things will come in form of DLCs, but do I seriously have to pay an extra fee to use features that were used for marketing? Like the skimmer in the trailers, and other vehicles....

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:40 PM Edited by Thisnamehasnotbeentaken, 27 September 2013 - 08:41 PM.

It's business. All developers leave out content so they can milk you of even more of your cash in the form of dlc. Everyone does it these days, pisses me off.

LzInFaMouSzL
  • LzInFaMouSzL

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

I think most of things you expected to be in the game will come Oct 1st w/ GTA Online.

But I agree, I expected a lot more like being able to go into malls, restaurants, etc. I don't get how it took them 5 years to make this game & there's hardly anything to do. I would've rather it have been Next Gen only.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

The things you think the game is lacking will not come in the form of a DLC pack.

infamousxx09
  • infamousxx09

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

i think most is saved for online bro

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:07 PM Edited by Munx, 27 September 2013 - 09:08 PM.

15+ diffrent animals is not alot?

As for customization id say there is plenty in the sp portion of the game.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

I think that there are stuff that are going to be add. Some will be free and some will not...

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

Why do people complain. Interiors and restaurants will not add anymore replay value to the game, honestly.

People are just confused with the fact that they *gasp* eventually get bored of playing single player since we live in a heavily multiplayer-faceted gaming era.

Fact of the matter is, gaming nowadays, gets boring unless you're socializing with other people. It's okay to admit that. GTA V is about as fun as it gets for singleplayer games in today's world.

What more would you want them to add? You very lazily listed 2 or 3 things that wouldn't make or break the game.

The only thing I'm hoping for is the ability to play Texas hold 'em poker online with friends in a similar format to how the poker system in Red Dead Redemption worked. That's my only hope at this point. Because I could spend HOURS playing poker online with buddies/random people in GTA online... especially if we can also chat on mic.

kmanmx
  • kmanmx

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

I kind of agree.

As much as I love it and appreciate it technically, I also think it could be so much more. Yeah, I know, it's a massive game as it is. I just think that if this was a PS4, Xbone and PC this could have been even bigger in terms of content.

I can't exagerate enough how much the current gen cconsoles holding this game back. It stops there being many interiors without loading screens, it stops there being more than 4 or 5 types of cars on the road, it stops there being many pedestrians, it forces ridiculous things such as cars to disappear when you turn your back, all the props around buildings to be static and not physics enabled. The list could go on.

It's amazing what they have managed to achieve on current consoles. But at the same time, after you play the game for over 50+ hours, it just makes you realize what could have been done for the next gen / PC version.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:13 PM Edited by Waldie, 27 September 2013 - 09:22 PM.

I kind of agree.

I love this game, I think it's my new favourite gta but I still can't help but feel that stuff is missing. While I will definitely be playing GTAO, it annoys me to think that they've left stuff out of the singleplayer in favour of the online mode. 

Why do people complain. Interiors and restaurants will not add anymore replay value to the game, honestly.

People are just confused with the fact that they *gasp* eventually get bored of playing single player since we live in a heavily multiplayer-faceted gaming era.

Fact of the matter is, gaming nowadays, gets boring unless you're socializing with other people. It's okay to admit that. GTA V is about as fun as it gets for singleplayer games in today's world.

1. Interiors are fun for the sense of immersion. It's just cool to go into buildings. They go to all that effort to create these believable cities, and they succeed, but it would be even more so if you could actually go in the buildings rather than just look at them.

2. That's just like, your opinion man. Personally, I prefer single player any day, online games don't hold my interest very long. 

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:13 PM Edited by Thisnamehasnotbeentaken, 27 September 2013 - 09:13 PM.

What more would you want them to add? You very lazily listed 2 or 3 things that wouldn't make or break the game.

The only thing I'm hoping for is the ability to play Texas hold 'em poker online with friends in a similar format to how the poker system in Red Dead Redemption worked. That's my only hope at this point. Because I could spend HOURS playing poker online with buddies/random people in GTA online... especially if we can also chat on mic.

Many people play skyrim 1000 + hours and don't get bored.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:17 PM Edited by Vorpax, 27 September 2013 - 09:19 PM.

Its just no freaking way that R* can make up for everything they f*ked up in a DLC form...NO way! I won't list all the flaws, just so i'd sound like a broken record, but you get all your concerns regarding people's complains about this game, so you can draw yourself a picture and imagine how much of the core mechanics should be changed in order to make up for so many mistakes, this is just impossible, the scale is huge and i'd rather them just drop it a;ready move on with whatever they've planned, start milking GTA:O with additional content (which i don't care about at all! LOL) and whatever...I'll pick Watch Dogs instead and judging how Ubisoft managed to not f*ck up core game mechanics, which makes game enjoyable so much i will likely spend months playing it, so i won't miss GTAV!...Still waiting for that "mindblowing" GTA game, maybe in GTAVI? Who knows...but i'll give R* my benefit of doubt at this moment...

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:18 PM Edited by MasterK, 07 October 2013 - 10:20 PM.

Yep, I was lazy, as I didn't want to write an even longer post. Talked about features being implemented in online, but not in SP, and for instance, the inventory system should play a BIG part in single player too, as it is a CORE game element if you think about how you could buy snacks at shops and other stuff. Therefore interiors would have a role.

In GTA, features are built on features. If you decide to remove a core element from the game, or just implement it in online, then stuff that should've been included in SP become useless, so they even remove those. I just simply can't understand why there's pretty much no purpose in buying masks, as it doesn't really affect police attention. And I didn't mention how stupid is when I'm using a silenced pistol when there's no one around, but cops still find me. HOW??!!

I'm still not ranting, but they've done pretty nice work with previous GTAs, but this one seems pretty much rushed... even with 3 years of development.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users