Photo

Game is unplayable on PS3, will no longer start

13 replies to this topic
jgbuddy298
  • jgbuddy298

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

I bought GTA 5 yesterday and the game installed and worked fine... For about 15 minutes, that's when the game froze and I had to restart my PS3. Now when I try to play my game all I get is a black screen. I cant even make it to the GTA loading screen anymore, it just wont start at all. Its not my PS3 since all my other games work fine, this is definitely a problem with GTA 5. Any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else? I just want to be able to play my game

• condor1605 likes this

Kaversmed
  • Kaversmed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

Welcome to the club buddy. :( We're many experiencing this issue. Fat 80 gb PS3 here, all other games work perfectly.

May I ask, do you notice weird sounds from your bluray drive? Like, is it constantly making loading sounds?

jgbuddy298
  • jgbuddy298

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

Mine is a 160 gb PS3 slim, I just hope I can find a way to get this working right. And no there's not really any weird sounds, I can just hear the disc spinning.

Kaversmed
  • Kaversmed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Mine is a 160 gb PS3 slim, I just hope I can find a way to get this working right. And no there's not really any weird sounds, I can just hear the disc spinning.

Alright mate, just checking. :) My bluray drive is making noises but only with this game. Tried two different copies of the game, both didn't work on my PS3 but on my friend's they both work perfectly. 

condor1605
  • condor1605

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:29 AM Edited by condor1605, 28 September 2013 - 06:30 AM.

my new 500gb ps3 was bought with the gta v game Ihave played up to 28% switched on to play but it would not get past load story mode tried a couple of times i got in for a a few moments then freezed can't get into game at all now 

HalfDead1247
  • HalfDead1247

Eats Lighting, Sh!ts Thunder

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

Did you get the Digital Version, because the Digital Version is a mess.

PikachuBoy
  • PikachuBoy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

today i had the strangest glitch the radio went dead so i got out to shoot people and got 5 star wanted level and no cops  and i could kill anyone in the game

G-Funk
  • G-Funk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

I bought GTA 5 yesterday and the game installed and worked fine... For about 15 minutes, that's when the game froze and I had to restart my PS3. Now when I try to play my game all I get is a black screen. I cant even make it to the GTA loading screen anymore, it just wont start at all. Its not my PS3 since all my other games work fine, this is definitely a problem with GTA 5. Any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else? I just want to be able to play my game

Really? Man, that's crazy. Who buys games just to play them?

:rol:

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

Welcome to the club buddy. :( We're many experiencing this issue. Fat 80 gb PS3 here, all other games work perfectly.

May I ask, do you notice weird sounds from your bluray drive? Like, is it constantly making loading sounds?

The game works fine for me.

Kaversmed
  • Kaversmed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

The game works fine for me.

This thread was obviously not directed at you... 

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

I have the 120gb slim PS3 model, and it's working fine for me, however I remember when San Andreas came out and it made my PS2 die... so I feel for you guys and it worries me that the same thing could happen to my console one day in the near future.

Keep us updated... and post your PS3 models? Maybe we can find the trend in consoles that fail

Kaversmed
  • Kaversmed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

Alright I think I know what is wrong with my PS3. For a while I couldn't play GTAV without it freezing constantly but all my other games worked fine... today my other games don't work either and can't play blu-ray movies. The DVD laser works fine though so I think I might need to replace the BR laser. I still wonder why GTAV was the first game to have issues with the BR laser. Is it more demanding on the laser or did it actually ruin it? :/

My PS3 is a 80 gb fatty (CECHL04)

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

I own the game in two different capacities/variants: digital and Blu-Ray. I use the digital copy, solely out of being preconditioned to convenience -- it has its fair share of flaws, yes, but thus far said flaws have chiefly been relegated to minor issues with pop-in and texture mapping (thankfully). I have yet to try the Blu-Ray discs as a means of comparing discrepancies between mediums, but I've watched my brother play his copy on a few occasions, and while the tangible, physical copy seems to have less graphical anomalies than the PSN iteration, the load times are excruciating. Furthermore, the disc drive on his late-model, top-loading PS3 seems to be working excessively and that cannot be good for the overall lifespan of the laser diode.

Ultimately, the game IS enjoyable on the PS3 (and XBox 360, for that matter), but you have to deal with minor technological hiccups given the scope and ambition of the game in contrast with the antiquated technology of (as of the moment) current-gen consoles. It's like a marriage: difficult to contend with at times, but well worth it in the end.

Kaversmed
  • Kaversmed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

Alright couldn't wait any longer. Went out and bought a super slim, game works now. You win Rockstar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users