Photo

Can we pick weight and height?

23 replies to this topic
chop chop
  • chop chop

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Just a quick question can someone enlight me on if we can pick the weight and height of our GTA Online character because I'm not short one bit lol

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hopefully we'll be able to impact it to some degree, but I think its unlikely tbh, all the characters in the trailer seemed to have the same body model.

Also it makes customization clothing etc alot easier for R*

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

Pity if it's a standardized height, especially for our Forum-member who wanted to make a 150 cm Ellen Page lookalike :)

chop chop
  • chop chop

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

thats gonna be garbage if we can't pick weight and height. I'm a pretty fit tall dude i want my character to look like me, well theres always next gen i guess

Erebosgaminghd
  • Erebosgaminghd

Gaming YouTuber

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

I would imagine you will get the same customisation options as single-player. So you will be able to choose clothes and hair styles.

I would also guess that there will be set default body types, like templates. Hopefully a good range of small to large.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:48 PM Edited by bloodblossom, 27 September 2013 - 10:50 PM.

weight will apparently be affected by your decisions in character creation... if you choose your character backstory as criminal ect your character will have scars/bruises.. there is also a slider for athletic and couch potato.. which i would imagine would be fitness.. height on the other hand.. i dont think so.

thats just what ive heard around multiple places.. no guarantee on any of it though...

we know for a fact the backstory has an effect on appearance.. we just dont know how much.. the scars for criminal backstory make sense though.

Switch__
  • Switch__

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

weight will apparently be affected by your decisions in character creation... if you choose your character backstory as criminal ect your character will have scars/bruises.. there is also a slider for athletic and couch potato.. which i would imagine would be fitness.. height on the other hand.. i dont think so.

thats just what ive heard around multiple places.. no guarantee on any of it though...

we know for a fact the backstory has an effect on appearance.. we just dont know how much.. the scars for criminal backstory make sense though.

This this this!! You can sit around all day and get fat or be a jock and get jacked or be a normal person with the family. When you don't play your character is doing things like lifting weight, working out or you can make him a couch potato. This is pretty cool.

SingingTrout85
  • SingingTrout85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

If nothing else, I just hope that if you're not happy with your character, that there is a 'redo' option, so you can try again.

I mean, I'm going to be playing a dude, but I'd like to see what sorts of appearances will be available with the various options (ethinicities + parents/grandparents). Or even, I'm curious what the ladies will look like, and I'll be really pissed off if I go to check it out, and am suddenly stuck with a gal when I want to play a guy.

'Nuff said.

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

If nothing else, I just hope that if you're not happy with your character, that there is a 'redo' option, so you can try again.

I mean, I'm going to be playing a dude, but I'd like to see what sorts of appearances will be available with the various options (ethinicities + parents/grandparents). Or even, I'm curious what the ladies will look like, and I'll be really pissed off if I go to check it out, and am suddenly stuck with a gal when I want to play a guy.

'Nuff said.

It would be the most stupid design choice ever if the didn't have an back button or delete button. 

SingingTrout85
  • SingingTrout85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

I expect the worst Lance.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:01 AM Edited by GankThis110, 29 September 2013 - 02:02 AM.

'Nuff said.

It would be the most stupid design choice ever if the didn't have an back button or delete button.

This is true.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

Hopefully not... because everytime theres choice with character weight and height, suddenly everyone becomes 6'4 and 220 and for women 5'6 and 115 or there/thereabouts. 

I hope the actual characters are templates as far as height/weight goes, because at least then i dont have to hear the " i look just like my character" BS on the microphone, and have to show them what 6'4/220 actually looks like. 

as for everything else, im optimistic... does anyone know if the online is available to download at midnight, or a set time in the day?

• _KC likes this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:20 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 29 September 2013 - 02:20 AM.

Would be funny if 5'2" and 250 lbs was possible :D

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

I would hope the weight and height are standard. I played Max Payne when people chose to be girl characters because their body type was harder to hit. I don't look forward to a GTA Online where everyone is 4' tall and 100 pounds so they can dodge bullets.

• Chessmaster likes this

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:01 AM

I read on game informer that the character is developed through a system in which you chose the parents and grandparents and your character pops out, you then choose a lifestyle and that's how you develop your character. Much like real life I guess which is what Rockstar seems to be going for.

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

I just hope 5"10 - 6" is in there, as an average around that, and you can be an average weight. Not chubby. Not fat. Not skinny. Just there. 

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

No Oddjobs please.

Hopefully not... because everytime theres choice with character weight and height, suddenly everyone becomes 6'4 and 220 and for women 5'6 and 115 or there/thereabouts. 

I hope the actual characters are templates as far as height/weight goes, because at least then i dont have to hear the " i look just like my character" BS on the microphone, and have to show them what 6'4/220 actually looks like.

Lol irl

RajunCajun88
  • RajunCajun88

PS4 Car Meets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

You choose your grandparents and your parents, then it just makes you. Then you choose traits like criminal activity, whether he likes to exercise, spend time with his family, etc. You get skill points to put towards those traits, if you use all of them on criminal activity, you look all scarred up and beaten looking, if you put them all in sports you're buffed up. You get the idea.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

You choose your grandparents and your parents, then it just makes you. Then you choose traits like criminal activity, whether he likes to exercise, spend time with his family, etc. You get skill points to put towards those traits, if you use all of them on criminal activity, you look all scarred up and beaten looking, if you put them all in sports you're buffed up. You get the idea.

So basically everyone will be running round with skill points fully specced into sports...

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Some may go with alot of points in Criminal, for higher Shooting etc :D

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

Some may go with alot of points in Criminal, for higher Shooting etc :D

I Might go alot of points in criminal for the scars :p

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

If you could edit height and weight then alot of people would make the smallest and thinnest player they could IMO, so that it would be harder to shoot you when in the lobbie or deatmatches etc. Thats why in pretty much every online game it is standerzied so that it is equal for everyone.

Bonitamami
  • Bonitamami

"Exotic_Beauty"

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

I wish you could change your weight and height. A lot of people make fun of me when I wear high heels. They make me look very tall and masculine. I mean I want to look tough and everything but I also want to look cute while I'm doing it. ^_^

GranSnake
  • GranSnake

Sapper

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:10 AM

Why in the world was this thread resurrected?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users