Photo

No police bug

3 replies to this topic
Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:33 PM Edited by Majestic81, 27 September 2013 - 06:38 PM.

I cant get the police to chase me. no matter what i do. to make it work i had to go to alderney, which isnt opened yet in my game. and i can get a wanted level after that. but upon restarting the game the bug occurs again. im almost in the middle of the story, and i already had to replay it because the stupid saving system f*cked up my saves not so long ago.

so i dont feel like doing that again. theres like +40 missions to do to get to where i am right now, screw that. any solutions? knowing whats causing the problem would be a good start. i have the simple native trainer installed but i highly doubt its the source of the problem. ive been using it for a long time in this game and in EFLC and this is the first time i ever encountered this bug. but just to be sure i also tried removing it but it didnt help.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

It has to be the trainer because a normal copy of the game will not behave in this manner.

I highly recommend removing the trainer, its associated files, reinstalling the game and deleting all files from the Settings folder.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:44 PM Edited by Majestic81, 28 September 2013 - 07:43 PM.

Found this while searching: 

http://gtaforums.com...-gta-4-cop-bug/

none of those guys used the trainer or any other cheats for that matter, but they had the same exact bug. for now i found a temporary solution and its killing niko 2 times, then the cops will start chasing you. but upon restarting the game ( loading an existing save file is fine as long as i didnt exit the game.exe) the bug will repeat itself.

Gonna try installing the 1.7 patch, if it doesnt work ill have to reinstall the whole game like you said.

Edit: reinstalling and deleting trainer files and the files in the settings folder did not work. ffs.. i guess i have to get myself killed twice every time i start the game up.

Taalen
  • Taalen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

This is an unfortunately common, unfixed bug that has nothing to do with any trainers. My current game is also suffering from it, so I have to start every session by killing Niko to get things working normally again. And even so during a long session the police will often eventually start ignoring me again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users