» «
Photo

Survival Mode?

48 replies to this topic
Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:10 PM Edited by Hypsteer, 27 September 2013 - 06:13 PM.

Hello fellow forumers!                                 (Lazy readers scroll down for brief description)

Now i've recently got into checking on the features that GTA:O will have to offer and I haven't got to see anything about a Rage/Survival mode/instance. I may have missed it or it may have not been spoken about- but here are my thoughts on a survival placement in online.

Think of how like borderlands has instances and what not, or any game in general with them. Now think of it being one of any said spots on GTA:5  ; Prison, army base, Area- 51 and possibly construction sites ETC. When you arrive to the destination it should phase you and your crew, or whomever you want to go with and start a endless wave on enemies. Think Nazi- zombies without the zombies, There would be a countdown from 10 or 5 seconds etc, then you start your rounds. There could be so much to this that could add that much more competitive features to this online mode, Especially with crews. What crew survived the longest here or there and what was their highest score. And when I said think Nazi- zombies, I wasn't suggesting the mystery boxes or power ups, nothing like that- Just you, your crew and your weapons.

(Potential Spoiler in this Paragraph)

I personally think that this would be amazing, And the amount of strategy would be mind blowing. I have no idea about you guys on this forum, but I personally can not go to the army base or Prison and last more than 50 seconds when 5 stars happen. It would be something different in a way, and something that could keep us busy; especially if it had money rewards. We go on GTA to blow stuff up and wage war with cops anyway, why not reiterate that and make it so we go against actual gangs like GTA:SA did but make it last way longer. Another example of another faction we could kill is the cultist cannibals that live on the mountain. Just think of all the fun and memorable moments that could be done, IMAGINE!

Quick description and idea of thread

• A unique and adventurous survival mode/instances introducing waves of enemies to kill in round after round battle. 
  • Locations for said system: Army base, Naval base, Prison and construction sites and much more.
  • Different enemies such as: Ballas, Grove Street Family, Noose, Army, Merry weather milita and the Cannibal cultist.
  • No power ups while in the phased instance, only your weapons your crew and you. Though those juggernaut suits would be a nice add.
  • ONEkingscar, TheThingy and DaPieGuy like this

N7 Colonel Dre
  • N7 Colonel Dre

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

Oh so a Horde mode? 

Like every f*cking other game out there.

How about no

• Scumbaggah likes this

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:57 PM Edited by Hypsteer, 27 September 2013 - 10:00 PM.

Oh so a Horde mode? 

How about no

You are very, very,very,very,very close minded my friend. People like you NEED to stop thinking on a hipster and diverse level. This game has a lot of similarities to other games that you possibly haven't played, but no one says anything about them? Especially APB, This games online basically got most of their structure from their core elements, but no one has mentioned that. Horde mode is something that should be invested into instead of having that end-game, I beat all the online missions so now let me just mess around bore, no. This would be done in a R* unique way, That you clearly aren't seeing and trying to imagine. Don't let too many new and different ideas clog your head from basics of any multiplayer game, Horde mode/Survival is a basic of any shooter out there in this generation; and R* would only perfect it with their ideas. And yeah there's deathmatch and other competitive play, but what if people don't like that taste of game? You need to think and open yourself to more options to keep the flow of the servers going.

DaPieGuy
  • DaPieGuy

You Got Twoglopped!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

Survival modes are always a nice addition to any game and add replayability. Yeah they are overdone but because it is very popular with the market. I think they will add some sort of survival mode since they did it for RDR

• Hypsteer likes this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

Survival modes and games have become very popular because of the gameplay of struggling to survive and the threat or other players who may help you or kill you and take your resources.

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

Survival modes are always a nice addition to any game and add replayability. Yeah they are overdone but because it is very popular with the market. I think they will add some sort of survival mode since they did it for RDR

Exaaaaaaactly what i'm saying. Like you, there are hundreds of thousands of people (If not millions for THIS game taking into consideration its sale rate for the first week) Thinking the way I am on this topic. This can be something memorable and absolutely fun with a TON of replay value. It is only a safe and investment choice in the end, and does no harm to no one. This can only add to the game, If it isn't implemented so be it, nothing will be subtracted, but if it is added the amount of competitiveness will go up to show who is the better crew. And those reasons are why I'd love to see it in the game.

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

Survival modes and games have become very popular because of the gameplay of struggling to survive and the threat or other players who may help you or kill you and take your resources.

The only thing about that is- If there were to be such an horde mode in the game, It would make your crew with you phase so no one can interrupt. It would be quite pointless if a rival gang intercepted you while you were doing it. Unless there was like some hardcore mode, but to save trouble none of that should be implemented into the game(( The hardcore version)) for none of it would make sense and it be a hassle Y'know?

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

Yeah nah, Go to cod if you want that sortof sh*t. Why would you want to dumb the game down like that?

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

Yeah nah, Go to cod if you want that sortof sh*t. Why would you want to dumb the game down like that?

If you're going to make a retarded statement as you have, can you at least me give me some reasons why' you think it would be dumbed down? You know what you sound like? Why would you include CoD as an alternative to a GTA Free-roam environment with completely different aspects from Call of duty?   

Mushmello
  • Mushmello

Phantom

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:37 PM Edited by Mushmello, 27 September 2013 - 11:38 PM.

Maybe it's just me, but... Wouldn't killing cops constantly and hunkering down into some plaza be close enough to a horde mode? This is coming from someone who always enjoys horde type modes too by the way.

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Maybe it's just me, but... Wouldn't killing cops constantly and hunkering down into some plaza be close enough to a horde mode? This is coming from someone who always enjoys horde type modes too by the way.

I thought the same thing, But in the end there is literally no point to doing that. No reward, No nothing, some memorable times and exciting moments but why not turn that into something that can be also triggered for certain zones. Why not have rewards and experience to gain rank ups to do so. Y'know? I see exactly where you're coming from, but when you do go on endless cop killing sprees it just feels like... " Well hey... Kill a cop then get stars... Kill more cops til 5 star... Hide inside a store and hold them off til the end..." but that's it. With this system reiterating that same function to the game it can be done in more of mode where you and your friends can go to certain areas like scrapyards and army bases and the prison and all these different locations and trigger that same event. Cause I do not know about you, but seeing the same ol' cops gets very boring and tiring after awhile. Why not have certain zones to go against certain enemies like the ballas or the cult or the biker gang and just sit there with your friends and spend hours of survival against endless hordes of enemies. Like I just can't see why people would argue against something that has nothing but good intentions and fun outcomes. It is not like I am going around posting on the forums saying auto-aim should be apart of online.

DaPieGuy
  • DaPieGuy

You Got Twoglopped!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

I really don't understand why some people don't like the idea of survival mode additions to games with multiplayer. It's a small addition and if you don't like it don't play it. More features is better in my opinion and with a huge word to play with and the level creator there are endless opportunities with this kind of thing such as changing the enemy. Having destructible barricades such as fences or concrete walls. So much can be done on GTA Online with such a small addition.

• Hypsteer likes this

naizarak
  • naizarak

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

look through the achievements list, there's one for surviving 10 levels in a horde-type game mode

• Hypsteer likes this

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

look through the achievements list, there's one for surviving 10 levels in a horde-type game mode

Oh.....Well... Now I feel stupid.I just saw the achievement, Thanks!

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

If you're going to make a retarded statement as you have, can you at least me give me some reasons why' you think it would be dumbed down? You know what you sound like? Why would you include CoD as an alternative to a GTA Free-roam environment with completely different aspects from Call of duty?   

Why would you want to exchange a free roam environment for a locked down area to sit and shoot a horde of zombies (?) over and over? Repetetive, Boring and unoriginal, None of this suits GTA. f you want these things then go play CoD, GTA isn't the game for you son.

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:33 AM Edited by Hypsteer, 28 September 2013 - 12:36 AM.

Why would you want to exchange a free roam environment for a locked down area to sit and shoot a horde of zombies (?) over and over? Repetetive, Boring and unoriginal, None of this suits GTA. f you want these things then go play CoD, GTA isn't the game for you son.

Woah.... What dude? No one said anything about zombies? I said Cops, Army, Lost and Damned the cult and the ballas, Grove street family and much more... Zombies? When the hell did I say zombies bro? And as for exchanging free-roam for this type of mode? Dude what are you saying. This would be added into the already free roam aspect there is in gta 5. And for you saying this isn't GTA, You CLEARLY!!!!!! have not played GTA San Andreas or you wouldn't even had said anything as retarded as you claimed.

• Scumbaggah likes this

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

I actually think GTA V would make an epic platform for a Zombie survival mode...

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

I actually think GTA V would make an epic platform for a Zombie survival mode...

I personally think since the Michael alien encounter this game has gone some what supernatural so zombies is something that isn't too far fetched. Especially with the Hollywood zombie if you've seen him yet, so they clearly have been working on code embeds for zombie AI ( Could possibly see a DLC ) And with all that being said; all the flying UFOs that everyone has been finding, but that's for another threa. This game could pull of an amazing zombie horde mode but It would remind me a lot of dead rising a bit. But it has been done in RDR as a DLC so it really isn't that far from reach- We'll have to see!

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:31 AM Edited by Scumbaggah, 28 September 2013 - 01:37 AM.

Woah.... What dude? No one said anything about zombies? I said Cops, Army, Lost and Damned the cult and the ballas, Grove street family and much more... Zombies? When the hell did I say zombies bro? And as for exchanging free-roam for this type of mode? Dude what are you saying. This would be added into the already free roam aspect there is in gta 5. And for you saying this isn't GTA, You CLEARLY!!!!!! have not played GTA San Andreas or you wouldn't even had said anything as retarded as you claimed.

Like woah dude, Totally woah! Zombies, Aliens, Rednecks or whatever other equally retarded suggestions you made lol. Doesn't matter what the horde is, It will still be the same unoriginal game mode. Added into the free roam? You clearly have no idea about GTA and are just here making idiotic suggestions. Why don't we add f*cking dinosaurs running around? Maybe a Tower Defence mode? Oh I know let's just add super heroes and have everyone flying around shooting laser beams!
  • Hypsteer likes this

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

Like woah dude, Totally woah! Zombies, Aliens, Rednecks or whatever other equally retarded suggestions you made lol. Doesn't matter what the horde is, It will still be the same unoriginal game mode. Added into the free roam? You clearly have no idea about GTA and are just here making idiotic suggestions. Why don't we add f*cking dinosaurs running around? Maybe a Tower Defence mode? Oh I know let's just add super heroes and have everyone flying around shooting laser beams!

I'm done, You're a retard and make no sense. You're clearly too butt-hurt towards CoD to the point any new idea that can relate to that game gets your panties in a bunch, or the f*ck ever mainstream games that have similar features seems to makes you rage. Why don't you go troll someone elses thread with good ideas, or better yet make your own thread and tread on everything that would displease you.1235982_513016575452333_430973165_n.jpg

• Scumbaggah likes this

Snoop221
  • Snoop221

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:57 AM Edited by Snoop221, 28 September 2013 - 02:57 AM.

A Survival mode would be cool, I just feel like it would get boring super quick

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

I'm done, You're a retard and make no sense. You're clearly too butt-hurt towards CoD to the point any new idea that can relate to that game gets your panties in a bunch, or the f*ck ever mainstream games that have similar features seems to makes you rage. Why don't you go troll someone elses thread with good ideas, or better yet make your own thread and tread on everything that would displease you.1235982_513016575452333_430973165_n.jpg

Clearly too retarded to be able to play the game as is so suggests dumbing it down to suit his retarded needs.

N7 Colonel Dre
  • N7 Colonel Dre

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:38 AM Edited by N7 Colonel Dre, 28 September 2013 - 03:39 AM.

Oh so a Horde mode? 

How about no

You are very, very,very,very,very close minded my friend. People like you NEED to stop thinking on a hipster and diverse level. This game has a lot of similarities to other games that you possibly haven't played, but no one says anything about them? Especially APB, This games online basically got most of their structure from their core elements, but no one has mentioned that. Horde mode is something that should be invested into instead of having that end-game, I beat all the online missions so now let me just mess around bore, no. This would be done in a R* unique way, That you clearly aren't seeing and trying to imagine. Don't let too many new and different ideas clog your head from basics of any multiplayer game, Horde mode/Survival is a basic of any shooter out there in this generation; and R* would only perfect it with their ideas. And yeah there's deathmatch and other competitive play, but what if people don't like that taste of game? You need to think and open yourself to more options to keep the flow of the servers going.

No I am not close minded.

I don't want the worlds most overdone gametype in GTA. 

Plus you can start a survival mode in free roam by just getting a wanted level. Why would R* need to divert assets to make it a separate game mode for it? It's a waste of time and resources.

And I support the person who said it's a game mode thrown in to keep alive a dying game.

Look at ME3, I love the game, I am a huge fan of the series but compared to the other two it has no replay value without it's horde mode. Then on top of that it gets sooo boring extremely fast 

Oh and FYI: GTA is NOT a shooter. Stop comparing it to those and get it out of you're head

ONEkingscar
  • ONEkingscar

The stealth toker

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

I have always loved the inclusion of survival modes and to the people that say they don't want another one because there is too many.There is a reason why there is a lot and that's because they are often successful and fun so I think it would be perfect for GTA V.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

A Survival mode would be cool, I just feel like it would get boring super quick

Yes I agree, but what doesn't get boring..  The more modes and things to do the better.  I would rather them not make a single player expansion like RDR, but a free or small fee DLC multiplayer mode would be cool...

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

What about a surival mode were Saints Row fans hunt down players like zombie hordes?

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

Oh so a Horde mode? 

How about no

Plus you can start a survival mode in free roam by just getting a wanted level. Why would R* need to divert assets to make it a separate game mode for it? It's a waste of time and resources.

And I support the person who said it's a game mode thrown in to keep alive a dying game.

Look at ME3, I love the game, I am a huge fan of the series but compared to the other two it has no replay value without it's horde mode. Then on top of that it gets sooo boring extremely fast 

Oh and FYI: GTA is NOT a shooter. Stop comparing it to those and get it out of you're head

I agree with one thing.

Exactly, simply put: It's a waste of time and space. They have a lot more to worry about, like keeping the servers up and running on day one and after, or keeping everyone satisfied. Not to mention other important aspects of the game including passive mode and other things that have everyone talking. They have a lot more to worry about rather than bring to GTA:O a mode that is overused in the gaming industry today. I agree with some people here, if you want zombies, go to Black Ops 2 or something. Rockstar is trying to be realistic, and zombies.. that's not even going to pop into the creative minds of the people sitting over there thinking of new ways to make this experience a hell of a good one. Why would you want to ruin a 10/10 rated game by bringing aspects of other games into the picture? It won't happen, think outside the box. 

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

Oh so a Horde mode? 

How about no

On that basis then you don't want team death matches? Races? Turf Wars? What exactly do you want? Because every game mode GTA4 had online for example, you can find a similar mode in other games.
  • Hypsteer likes this

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Not to sound like an ass, But everyone arguing against the post is arguing invalid statements. I checked the achievements; Survival mode will be in the game  :panic:..... So yeah. And DocPic is completely right, A lot of you guys sound VERRRRRY hypocritical when saying other games have had survival more then don't say anything about this newly placed Death match and..... Capture the flag.... really? You guys are just.... stop trying.

Hypsteer
  • Hypsteer

The Activist

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:27 PM Edited by Hypsteer, 28 September 2013 - 12:28 PM.

Oh so a Horde mode? 

How about no

C'mon dude, What is GTA then bro? Like honestly. The penguin club?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users